S&P Capital IQ Intern Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

They asked about factors that affect global economy. Some questions on CAPM were asked. Few questions on financial statement analysis.

Interview Questions
Advice : Revise your CFA text books.

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Applied online, had two phone screens and an onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • There was one question on designing a class/set of classes which help to find the stock quote for a particular company. A method was provided which takes a sticker(String) as an input and gives the stock value(double). But this method was too expensive to call, so how would you optimize your solution(make the minimal number of calls to this method). Also the stock value returned should not be more than an hour old. There were subparts to this question, on caching the values and multithreading.   Answer Question
    • Given a tree and a value n, check if the sum of values on any path of the tree from root to a leaf equals to that value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

I heard about an intern opportunity through an acquaintance of mine. I contacted the company and submitted a resume and cover letter and received a response within a day or two. Every one who I interacted with in the company was very kind and courteous. The process consisted of multiple phone interviews. Even though I wasn't able to get an internship opportunity for the summer I will still keep in contact with the representatives as this is an incredible place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

First round interview on campus. Straight forward skills test followed by a 1:1 interview reviewing the test. I got a call relatively quickly inviting me to NYC for a second round interview. The interview was a bunch of 1:1 interviews with current employees. The questions ranged from technical to personal. Nothing was too difficult. They were nice enough to fly me up for the day, yet although they offered to pay for the taxi ride, they never did. Taxis in NYC are not cheap.

Interview Questions
    • Find the nearest common parent to two given nodes in a tree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2009.

Phone call first, then 2-4 different managers interview you for the specific position you applied. I then heard back in a week or two with an offer from a woman in human resources.