S&P Capital IQ

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.1

Research Associate Interview

The process was difficult and it wasnt that easy .... there were 4 rounds.... 1st was the aptitude round... + tell me about yorself.
    Results of this aptitude was out in a day
    then there was an hr round basic hr round.... nd mergers & acquisitions , hedge funds were asked
    Then there was a technical round written on the same day ,,, that was very difficult .. it was a cat type format paper .
    Last was the technical round.....

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

there was a written aptitude test which consisted of basic information about yourself, education and questions on logical reasoning, quantitative and english passage.
    please time yourself accordingly for the test as it is too lengthy and you would only be given 30 mins to complete it.
    also dont stress too much on questions that you're not able to solve as youl lose time.

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected thing was not asking anything specified as per the mail regarding financial terms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

A short test comprising aptitude and english, followed by a personal interview with the HR and a long test comprising aptitude, english and financial terminology. The personal interview includes questions such as ratios, difference between bonds and debentures, M&A, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process is difficult for a person not from finance background   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

They called me for the interview based on resumes sent to them. First round was on accounting basics ratio analysis and stock market. Second round mostly on your post qualificatin experience

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

The placement process had 4 rounds. 1st one was the aptitude round which had questions from verbal and quant. Next was a written technical test. Then there was a technical interview followed by a telephonic interview.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

The process was smooth with 4 rounds of interviews spanning a duration of 2 days. They scrutinized everything from the logical ability to real-time problem solving skills. Since the position was QA most of the questions revolved around testing, SDLC, types of testing, debugging etc.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Step 1:General Aptitude Test where we had to write an SOP
    Step 2:An HR/Technical Based interview, which lasted for hardly 5 minutes
    Step 3:A Content test containing questions based on logic, analysis and Finance
    Step 4: Managerial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida
    Anonymous Employee in Noida

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Applied through campus hiring process. The first step was the aptitude test which was too easy but they eliminated people on the basis of statement of purpose that was another hidden section in the information about the employee.

The next step was the hr interview which was nothing but confidence testing round lasting for 3-5 minutes.

The third stage is the technical test where purely finance and logical questions are asked.

The fourth one is the final managers interview where the person is just tested on his convincing skill to do a boring job. Prepare for that.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
    we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
    writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
    interview wasn't that gud.
    question were very random.
    about TCP IP from networks
    he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
    mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
    count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
    a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Questions
    • how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question