S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech QA Interview

Tech QA
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied at the company's website portal and got a mail for the interview on 21st November.
The process consisted of the following rounds
1. Aptitude Test.
2. HR interview.
3. Written subjective test.
4. Technical interview.
5. Another interview.

The first round is more of a form cum test round where you have to fill in some details and answer some easy logical, quantitative and English questions. The important thing here is to not miss out on any question as there's no negative marking. It's fairly easy.

The second round is the HR interview but it was mostly technical. Just basic questions about testing and what the profile is about and also what u know about the company.

The Third round consists of 10 subjective questions. Mostly are about the various types of testing and about writing test cases.

The fourth round is again an interview which they tell me is the manger level interview.

The above four rounds happened on the same day. I was told the result for the fourth round would be communicated to me within a week. It has been a week since then and i haven't heard from them so far. I guess it's their subtle way of saying, thanks but you haven't been selected for further rounds.

Interview Question – No difficult questions as such.   Answer Question

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

Interview Details I generally never write a review but what I experienced here has instigated me to speak my mind and probably give a fair idea of what goes behind the lustrous semblance of this company. So hang in there.......

In the 1st week of Oct'13:
I had applied for a TQA opening on their career site. To my surprise(considered myself lucky) I was called for an interview within a week but not for 'TQA' but 'Research Associate'. Still I prepared all the finance I could.(trust me it's not easy when you are an engineer)

1st round : Aptitude + Essay (moderate, 80% candidates are eliminated )

2nd round: Just having entered the room..I was asked why did I apply for 'RA' instead of 'TQA' as I'm a B.Tech grad without even judging if I could also fit in as a RA?
She asked me 2 very basic questions on finance which anyone who reads 'The Economic Times' can answer. I explained them, I had applied for the latter but received a call for the former. Here, the HR girl had no clue of anything whatsoever. I was forced to change my profile again and appear for a TQA written round after 1 week. I agreed.

3rd round : 10 subjective questions on s/w testing in 1 hour. (That's sounds fair.)

After completing the 3rd round, neither they bothered to give any date to expect the results nor inform about the further process. Now, the frustration kicks in....

I call up the front desk after 3 days but she does not forward the call to any of the HR guys, I dropped 2 mails to the interviewer then again 'NO REPLY'. Later, through some internal source I get to know the position has already been filled with no intimation given to the candidates awaiting their results.

You think it's over Naah!!

11th NOV '13: I receive a mail from the HR dept of S&P CIQ to reappear for another TQA opening. Again, back to square one but I assumed my previous process was in pipeline.
However, to the wildest of my imagination after the 1st round, to test my relentless patience in this occasion they disqualify me as according to their HR policy those who appeared previously can't apply again.

NOTE:
1) THE CAREER SITE 'ALWAYS' SHOWS JOB OPENINGS ALL AROUND THE YEAR EVEN WHEN THE ACTUAL CASE MAYBE DIFFERENT.

2) THE HR DEPT IS THE EPITOME OF DECEPTION. NO TELEPHONE NO. IS PROVIDED AS THEY CAN ABANDON YOU ANYWHERE IN THE PROCESS WITHOUT A JUSTIFICATION.

3) E-MAILS WOULD NEVER BE ANSWERED.

4) NO EXPLICIT SELECTION IS DONE MANUALLY, A COMPUTER GENERATED E-MAIL IS SENT TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIES.

5) RUDE MANAGERS

PS: Don't waste your time waiting to hear from them in 6 days. DISGRACE.

Interview Question – Why RA and not TQA   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process was held for so many candidates at a time and the first round was an written test which are on the basics of finance and second round was personal interview round in which they mainly asked about detail explanation of financial ratios.

Interview Question – Explain CAPM in detail.This is followed by some related questions   Answer Question

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details I applied through their website and got a call for interviews at the Ggn office within a week. The first round was a simple written assessment of grammar, case studies and simple logic. The 2nd round was the HR round which was again very basic. The third round was a subjective written test on software testing. By the thord round 80% of the interviewees were eliminated. They got back to me within a week with the result of the 3rd round. I was called for the 4th round which was a technical round. Nothing too complicated but there were elements of stress testing. I think they're looking for you to be honest and up front. Final round was with the director which was just a general run through of my background and the prior stages of interviews.

Interview Question – Why are you opting for testing   View Answer

Research Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details telephonic interview.aptitude

Interview Question – why do u want to join research field?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details The process mainly comprises of 5 rounds
1) An objective test of 30 minutes covering basic reading and comprehension, LR and quant skills. Very easy
2) HR discussion round testing the communication skills
3) A subjective test containing finance, M&A related questions. Its tough to moderate level.

If you clear the above 3 rounds then later on 2 more rounds

4) Managers round where you will be grilled on finance related concepts
5) Director round

Interview Question – Keep in touch with finance related concepts and news specially M&As   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better profile at another place

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details 1st was Aptitude Round, followed by HR Round followed by Manager and Director level PI

Interview Question – If you are locked in a room full of haystack, how you will find needle in it?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details Well the interview process consists of 5 eliminating rounds. Round 1 is a written IQ test, duration is 30 mins and is pretty general. Thereafter Round 2 is HR round, that is highly unforeseen and leads to majority of eliminations, in my case close to 22 people were eliminated with only 3 making to the next round. Round 3 again is a written test of duration 90 mins. Again quite generic nothing specific. All these round take place on a single day. Thereafter you will be called if you are shortlisted for Round 4 which is basically a personal interview, wherein two people of manager rank will sore down your neck. And finally if go get further shortlisted there is the final Round 5 that is called the director's round which is the last hurdle before you are made an offer.
But be aware that many a times they simply land up hiring no one, hence its not certain that someone will get hired out of all that appear.

Interview Question – I was told to define some typical financial terms like acid test six sigma, but these were not at all in line with my academic background.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Product Support Engineer

Interview Details The first round was a written round.The paper was divided into 4 sections Coding/C++ knowledge,DBMS/SQL, Aptitude and Design/Testing(Software Engineering concepts)

After clearing the first round the second round consisted of one Technical telephonic interview and one Personal Technical interview.Then final round is HR round.

Interview Question – Possibly Inorder Tree Traversal without using Stacks.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Hyderābād

Interview Details The interview and hiring process were completed in a day's time, as it was a campus placement.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. The salary is fixed for employees. Only the management and IT staff can negotiate for their salary.