S&P Capital IQ

Very Difficult Interview

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details 5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
5th is director round :just a formality

Interview Question – Some questions in reasoning   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details the process started with an aptitude test, followed by HR interview about profile and why this co., then another test consisting of questions related to capital markets and other happenings in the corporate world.

Interview Question – why do you want to join this co.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details I was utterly disappointed by the procedure of selections of S & P Capital IQ, Hyderabad. The HR Team was unprofessional.
To begin with, the first day of selections was on the college campus. Our campus recruitment cell informed us that the first round of selections would begin at 8:00 AM. The officials from S & P Capital IQ reached the campus at 11:00 AM, after which the first round began (The officials blamed the cab driver for being 3 hrs late). There were 5 rounds total that day, after which 10 were selected for the HR round at the campus. At the HR round, the interviewer asked me my area of interest. I specified Java and DS, the interviewer told me she had no knowledge of either of the topics and instead asked me questions related to DBMS. The interviewer discussed her family issues and background in the interview (Confusing me why she was discussing this with me in 'my' interview). I have been offered a position but I am quite reluctant whether to join such an unprofessional company.

Interview Question – DBMS questions were asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I havent declined yet. I am considering declining the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Developer, Quality Analyst, Business Analyst, Database Administrator Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details The inter view was held at our campus(|Mjcet,Hyuderabad).The interview comprised of a single paper with 4 sets consisting of 1.Aptitude 2.technical 3Writing of code etc.Only 30%of the candidates cleared.Then there was a gd.With that there weremultiple technical interviews.icleared 2 interviews and was callled to their campus where the last technical interview was to be scheduled.This is where i got rejected

Interview Question – The interview at the campus needed thorough knowledge of basics   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details 1st round: technical + aptitude organised by MATRIX CUbe
 2nd round: written test where a set of tables were given from programmer interview.com and querries were to be written down
3rd round: tech interview
4th round: tech and HR interview
5th round: Phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about normalisation techniques with detail analysis of the probelms occuring at each step
indexes and types of indices
  Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details There are 3 rounds on the first day were
Round 1- Its a mix of Quant, English and about your self.
Round 2- Its HR round were you will checked on your communication , basic knowledge of Finance. ( Eliminates lot of people )
Round 3- Technical round .... which consist of 4 section GK, Report, Comprehension and i dont remember the 4th one.... ( you need to crack it , its tough)

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Applied on site after getting mail to apply from college.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details It was my first job right out of college so the questions were generally on the subjects covered, why Capital IQ, explained the profile, career goals, how would you travel to office since I lived in Delhi, family background, walk me through resume. I had 2-3 rounds and then at the end of the day I was offered the job. We were 7-8 of us from our college who interviewed on teh same day. Most got selected

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Primarily grilled on internship experience and college experiences as it was my first job..   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2013.

Interview Details The process was very well managed, people friendly organisation, nice work culture.
The process started with an aptitude test..then an HR interview..then again a written test.
these 3 rounds happened on the same day.
Within a week they called for the next round.
The next round comprised of a technical interview.

Interview Question – Grilling on financial terms, current affairs and opinions about the same. Since I was from marketing background I was given a lot many situations to analyse.   View Answers (8)

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ