S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
220 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details Well the interview process consists of 5 eliminating rounds. Round 1 is a written IQ test, duration is 30 mins and is pretty general. Thereafter Round 2 is HR round, that is highly unforeseen and leads to majority of eliminations, in my case close to 22 people were eliminated with only 3 making to the next round. Round 3 again is a written test of duration 90 mins. Again quite generic nothing specific. All these round take place on a single day. Thereafter you will be called if you are shortlisted for Round 4 which is basically a personal interview, wherein two people of manager rank will sore down your neck. And finally if go get further shortlisted there is the final Round 5 that is called the director's round which is the last hurdle before you are made an offer.
But be aware that many a times they simply land up hiring no one, hence its not certain that someone will get hired out of all that appear.

Interview Question – I was told to define some typical financial terms like acid test six sigma, but these were not at all in line with my academic background.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Product Support Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details The first round was a written round.The paper was divided into 4 sections Coding/C++ knowledge,DBMS/SQL, Aptitude and Design/Testing(Software Engineering concepts)

After clearing the first round the second round consisted of one Technical telephonic interview and one Personal Technical interview.Then final round is HR round.

Interview Question – Possibly Inorder Tree Traversal without using Stacks.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details The interview and hiring process were completed in a day's time, as it was a campus placement.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. The salary is fixed for employees. Only the management and IT staff can negotiate for their salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

Interview Details 3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Question – how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details five rounds. 1st one is a basic written test followed by an HR interview, a concept and general knowledge based skill test (written), Technical Round and Directors Round respectively.

Interview Question – What out of Profile, package and environment is the most important factor and why?   Answer Question

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details hai....i have attended the interview in s&p capital on 25th september.. on that day they have completed 4rounds for me(aptitude,hr,written,technical hr) but after they told that they will call with in a week ..can i expect call from them..but i did all the things fine....

Interview Question – technical hr   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details 5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
5th is director round :just a formality

Interview Question – Some questions in reasoning   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details the process started with an aptitude test, followed by HR interview about profile and why this co., then another test consisting of questions related to capital markets and other happenings in the corporate world.

Interview Question – why do you want to join this co.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details I was utterly disappointed by the procedure of selections of S & P Capital IQ, Hyderabad. The HR Team was unprofessional.
To begin with, the first day of selections was on the college campus. Our campus recruitment cell informed us that the first round of selections would begin at 8:00 AM. The officials from S & P Capital IQ reached the campus at 11:00 AM, after which the first round began (The officials blamed the cab driver for being 3 hrs late). There were 5 rounds total that day, after which 10 were selected for the HR round at the campus. At the HR round, the interviewer asked me my area of interest. I specified Java and DS, the interviewer told me she had no knowledge of either of the topics and instead asked me questions related to DBMS. The interviewer discussed her family issues and background in the interview (Confusing me why she was discussing this with me in 'my' interview). I have been offered a position but I am quite reluctant whether to join such an unprofessional company.

Interview Question – DBMS questions were asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I havent declined yet. I am considering declining the position.