S&P Capital IQ

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

Interview Details First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Interview Question – What is your latest project?   Answer Question

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning.

The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general.

Interview questions included:
Tell me more about the company
Tell me more about the position you are applying for
What makes you the best candidate
What did you do in this experience... ?

Hope that helps!

Interview Question – Generally in depth questions about the CV   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Had a telephone interview last week. The interviewer was nice and straight to the point.

Questions:
why capital iq
why this industry
why this role
what do you know about the company
CV related questions

Interview Question – why are you different from other candidates   Answer Question

Product Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details The first round interview was on campus following a school career fair and resume drop. Next was a super day at the company's New York Ciy headquarters. All of the questions were very easy. They were mostly about your background and experience. Nothing to worry about at all. Emphasize a passion for finance and helping others, and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you exhibited _____?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2013.

Interview Details - online application
- phone interview
- feedback was very quick, received invitation to face to face interview the 2 days after the phone interview
- combined round of 4 interviews and knowledge test

Interview Question – Mostly about team work, how to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied through university recruiting as the posting was done on my school's recruitment portal. The application was standard with a cover letter and resume included. After 3 weeks, I received a response that I was invited to interview in Toronto. I went for 2 interviews which lasted 35 minutes each. These interviews were very informal and allowed me to get to know the team I would be working with. After this, there was a week delay until my interview with the people from head office in New York. Again, I went to Toronto for a 30 minute interview this time. After about 3 weeks of no news, I e-mailed the first employee who contacted me for information and they got back to me after that.

Interview Question – You might be asked to sell something to the interviewers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2011.

Interview Details I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Question – Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Question – Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Product Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details I met representatives of the company at a university career fair, then had an on-campus interview and a day consisting of four interviews at the office in New York. Questions were mostly focused on my personal experience, with a few questions relating to the attributes of the company as a whole.

Interview Question – How well are you able to deal with angry clients and bosses as well as personal failures?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was very standardized and there was essentially no flexibility.

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ Product Consultant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.