SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Bangalore

I applied online - interviewed at SAIC in April 2009.

Interview Details written test ,2 rounds of technical interview ..1 round manager ...1 round HR

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2010.

Interview Details The interview was basically focussed on the technology. The questions were not easy and the interview took around 2-3 hours. There were 3 technical rounds and 2 HR rounds. The Technical rounds were very good and the HR round were basically just 10 minute discussions on Salary, Role and quoting reasons for leaving the current organization. If you are looking forward to join SAIC, be good technically and do some really good preperations. That is what I would suggest

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiations depend on the technology and its current market value. The lesser the number of resources available outside on the technology you work on , the higher you can demand. If you are giving a lot of interviews and you have a rough idea of what your technology and skill set are worth, just demand 50k-100k more than what other companies like Infosys, TCS, Accenture, IBM are offering.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Engineering Designer Interview

Engineering Designer
Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Multi-person interview. All interviewers were very cordial and professional. The office environment was professional and courteous but also surprisingly casual. I interviewed on two occasions prior to being given an offer.

Interview Question – My place of worship   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I really wanted to work for this company for some time so I instantly accepted the offer.

IT Security Manager Interview

IT Security Manager
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details HR appoitment to interview/no technical questions/just an overview of my resume and the job details. One week later HR called with $ offer and benefits package/ fnal interview to close all and drug test. working in three weeks

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, this is what the salary is would you like the job or not

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Chief Systems Engineer
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

Interview Details A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Interview Question – What things dont you like about working   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Interview was via phone with recruiter and then via phone with hiring manager. Hiring manager was reported to be "extremely busy" so interview could not take place in person although the company is close by and an in-person interview could have easily been set up. Never a good sign when meeting in person is preferred. Seemed that the hiring manager was just trying to fill a set of strict requirements on a list and not looking what candidates could bring to the table overall. Pleasant conversations. Follow up by the recruiter was not good considering no written or verbal notification that the position was filled or removed. No positive or negative communication was extended except that the position just disappeared from the job posting list.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The usual expected questions of tell me about yourself, your background, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Interview process was normal. Much easier to be interviewed over the phone than in person. I was asked lots of pertinent questions regarding the job itself. Thought it was strange they were so concerned what movies I liked to watch, and other personal stuff that felt more like non-job related questions.

Interview Question – The usual stuff, nothing special about the questions. Pretty much everything was as expected except for the questions about my movie preferences. I imagine that wasn't the deal killer or anything anyways. I got an offer but I declined because I took another job.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Desktop Support Analyst
Morrisville, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details I interviewed with the primary contractor on this particular contact. SAIC is the subcontractor. I was early and the interviewer was a tad bit late because he was in a meeting. But he was friendly, laid back and easy to converse with. I also met with the program manager who was also very friendly and approachable.

Interview Question – The questions were basic technical questions, but more focused on customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started really low and I kind of shot my self in the foot for not making my counter-offer higher. So the final offer was $1000 less than my bottom. I took it because they do give 3% yearly pay increases.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Junior Software Developer
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was lucky to be one of few of my skill-set, and the manager had already expressed interest in hiring me. I met with his boss who basically gave me a summary of the company and its values.

Interview Question – It was as difficult as being asked simply about my previous experiences and projects.   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!