SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I went to the D.C. office for an office visit where I was interviewed by three associates in one of their offices. I was there for almost an hour but they hardly asked me any questions. They mostly talked about the position and how they may or may not get the contract for that position, and random people in their office and their career paths

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go in detail about anything on your resume   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Alexandria, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and the interviewers were very knowledgeable. My resume was reviewed prior to the interview and they came in with specific questions regarding my skills and experience. This was not a canned interview. It gave me a good sense of the company and the people I may potentially work with/for. I answered no to the question “Did you get an offer” because the position was offered to me however; I have not accepted at this time as I have not received a formal offer letter yet.

Interview Questions

• None, it was a skills based interview   1 Answer

Net Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the Manager and team lead. Manager met me in the lobby and pronounced my name with the appropriate cadence.Complimented my coming in on time. He started by asking a few general questions then introduced me to the lead who was dialing in from a remote location. The lead asked me several application specific questions which I answered. After about 30 minutes the lead excused himself. The manager asked me operating environment related questions for another 40 minutes. He then told me the nature of the environment I was potentially going to work in.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps needed to conduct a disaster recovery exercise.   Answer Question

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

First contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone screening.
    About a week after the phone screen, received another email to schedule an in-person interview.

The instructions to get to the interview were detailed and helpful. The only thing that would make it better is to instruct applicants which entrance, and where to go after they enter. I almost missed the sign that said "visitors" and walked straight through armed security. Given that this is DC, I'm sure I would have been face to the floor, hands behind my back.

The interview itself was pleasant. The interviewers were friendly, welcoming, and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The recruiting manager even gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions.

But after that, everything went downhill. I was informed I would hear back the following week. I didn't get a response. I called the manager and was informed the recruiter would get back to, and that there was a budgeting issue that may prevent the job from being filled. I never got a response from the recruiter so I emailed asking for a follow-up and still nothing. Shortly thereafter I looked at the requisition online and it stated the position was filled.

I wished that if I didn't get the position, they would extend me the professional courtesy to tell me I was not selected and why. Applicants such as myself are professional enough to take rejection and learn from the experience. If not, then those applicants shouldn't get the position anyway. No response is the worst response. At least "no" meant I could start looking for other opportunities instead of waiting on this one.

But all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience and I would still apply for SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what this graph means to you (interviewer drew a 7-day trending up sinusoid)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Seismologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Submit application and graduate school transcripts, invited to interview and present Dissertation to staff, soon after offered the position with very competitive salary negotiations. I was then introduced to the staff individually, and the direction of my research was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked during dissertation presentation, all challenging. No discussion of business case since the position was clearly as a staff scientist in support of DARPA's test-ban treaty program.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SAIC has completely transformed since my hire long ago. However, to my knowledge the application and interview for entry-level positions is similar

Call Center Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAIC (Rockville, MD (US)).

Interview

I was brought in through a staffing agency and given an opportunity to come on-board full time based on performance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They simply e-mailed me an offer letter and I was given the opportunity to accept or reject it

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (Rockville, MD (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process is rate yourself in technology,then question abt oops concepts,database and white board exercise

Interview Questions

• what is ajax,xslt,linq,lamda expression,design pattern   Answer Question

Director of Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

It was fast and very efficient