SHI International

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in September 2012.

Interview Details Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Question – Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Interview Details Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Question – I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Base salary + commission.

Account Executive

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SHI International.

Interview Details The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.

Interview Question – The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Question – Interview was very simple   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SHI International.

Interview Details Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SHI International

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!

SHI International Videos

SHI International – Why Work for Us?

Careers at SHI In addition to a competitive salary and high-quality benefits package, SHI offers an exciting, fun and supportive environment that was recently recognized by our employees as one of the best places to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SHI International Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by SHI International employees and interview candidates.