SHI International Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated 9 Mar 2015
Updated 9 Mar 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

I met with the District manager first at an off-site location. This seems to be common practice for SHI. I had interview #2 at the office and met the rest of the team. Interview #3 was a phone interview with the head of HR and the final interview was with the Director of Sales. I also submitted to a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the top quality that you possess that separates you from the other candidates? And your second quality? Be prepared for the follow-up on questions. Most people only prepare for their top quality or single reason, but they definitely go deeper than that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SHI International

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview

simple questions - challenged why I left past jobs. blah blah. They didn't ask too many challenging questions, my sales process knowledge and expressing accounts I knew in the area was very impressive to them, also because I sold microsoft before and came from a competitor they did ask about my non compete a lot but it was cool

Interview Questions

• describe a big deal you won. How would you change management at previous company?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Interview

Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Base salary + commission.