SYKES

Average Difficulty
88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2011.

Interview Details At the time I applied they were still working with the paper application. After going by the office and picking up the application I filled it out there. Interviewed just a few short days later one hiring manager and then they tested my phone and listening skills by doing a mock call. Also they tested my typing speed followed by the standard drug test.

Interview Question – The only difficulty I experience right off was handling the first incoming call and remembering to stay calm and confident.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Interview Question – Haven't got to that process yet   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sumter, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Interview Details Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Interview Question – Why did I choose to work at Sykes?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details I compeleted an application approximately a month before I received an e-mail regarding a virtue, at home interview; the interview was scheduled on my birthday. The day of the interview, I waited patiently for a response, but to my dismay, the response never came. I know it wasn't personal, because I wasn't the only candidate who had this issue, in fact, there were many. I came to the conclusion that the recruiter bit off more than she could chew. I rather have quality services than quantity; and my experience was unprofessional. I called corporate, nothing; e-mailed the recruiter, nothing; called and visited my local branch and they said, unapologetically," There is nothing we can do about it, e-mail the person who contacted you." I replied, okay, well, I would like to contact the recruiter's supervisor or someone in HR. The receptionist had a smirk on her face and said, no. There has to be a way you can contact this particular person, as there has to be communication from corporate to my local branch

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Manila (Costa Rica)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details Fill out a CV on paper and on a computer
Screening Interview with HR staff
Second Interview with HR TL
Tests - depends on years of experience and the account applied for
Job Offer or not

Interview Question – Tech questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 options will be given: low salary high benefits such as more days of leave, or high salary less benefits

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
London, ON (Canada)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in April 2010.

Interview Details Very straight forward, computer testing was new to me. I did better than I thought I did. The interviewers from Human Resources were quite good and helpful. I would recommend that they give more information about the job itself.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you resolved a difficult situation   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative

Interviewed at SYKES

Interview Details online and over the phone had to do some research online and read your answer outloud.... they do drug test and background. the person who interviewed me was very nice but the people at the site are arragant with a bad attitude

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Counsel Interview

Counsel
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Following lengthy phone screen, had separate phone interviews with three individuals, took on-line intelligence and personality tests, and had day-long interview with multiple individuals. Recruiter was very informative with regard to explaining the hiring process and highly responsive to questions. Interview questions were behavioral in nature. Using the STAR approach is beneficial in providing a response.

Interview Question – Interviewer provided a specific legal issue and asked how you would advise management.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Customer Service Agent I
Allentown, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and waited 2 days until I called in to check if my application was reviewed. The lady on the phone scheduled me for an interview the very next day at 9am. It was a group interview, which I was not aware of. The whole process was fairly easy. We were all told to sign in to a chat room and answer job related questions and interview questions. When that was over, we all spoke to the managers separately. The drug test was on site, and I was hired on the spot. All in all, I liked the whole process.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. If you pass the bilingual test, you get $1.00 more.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!