SYKES Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.2

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

very detailed and emphasis on fundamentals. most of the managers want you to be comfortable and be yourself since that is the best way to evaluate your answers in that setting.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you disagreed with your team, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wise, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA (US)).

Interview

Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date.

Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!

Negotiation

n/a

Westpac Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

5mins long. The lady had no idea what she was asking. I knew i had it as soon as she said hello. Didn't even shake my hand. The office was smelly and small. Hr looked like they were ready for a night out on the town.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in March 2015.

Interview

it was okay, not to bad for a review everything went well. I can't really remember anything else because it was so bland and overall it was a good idea to choose this company, I think the only problem I have for this is they don't really tell you a period of time and give you time to get all your things that you have to pay on your own.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES (Lakeland, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. "Optimized interview" in a group setting over the phone/online. Be sure to follow directions. you are asked to write out answers to questions asked on a notepad and then read one of your answers out loud to get a feel of how you sound on the phone. Once this was completed, some were asked to a second interview the following day, after completing an online assessment. The assessment was alot like an IQ test and was a bit difficult in certain sections. The second interview was fairly straight forward- "why do you want to work here?"; "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"; "sell me this pen" (because the job does require attempting to up sell once service requests are complete). I was offered the job, signed papers for a 7 year background check, completed a drug test, and was emailed links to the W4 information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but was assured that there is plenty of room to grow.

Data Encoder/Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES (New Manila (Philippines)) in February 2015.

Interview

Sykes in Gilmore.
    It just so simple, they will ask you to fill the form.
    then the first is typing test, so easy! 95-98% accuracy and minimum of 45 wpm.
    all you need to type is Z-10 keys only. (sisiw)
    then you need to take an exam approximately 15minutes only.
    they just test your visual on that exam. I really dont know how many items is that exam, but it just way to easy.
    then after you finish the exam, you will wait for your name to be called for the interview.
    just typical questions.
    They're a good people I think. When you enter in the lobby. You can feel a good vibes or whatever feeling is that, that you will feel comfortable. They're also approachable.
    I think I'm going to try another position sometime there.
    i didnt asked them for another hiring position they have because I have something to do that time. I need to go to mall. :D

we are few applicants that time, that's why I spent more or less an hour for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      tell me about your previous job/s.
      why did you choose Sykes.

1 Answer
    • how much salary did you expect?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Expect the following: Phone interview, computer check (you cannot have 8.1), background check (if you have a misdemeanor you can work some jobs) Signing paperwork online via PDF files, easy process .

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask you a question like, "if you ever handled an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Staff Job Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Great interview and onboarding process; very smooth and very professional and accommodating. No issues at all. One of the best experiences I have had with any company over a 20-year career.

Negotiation

Easy & fast.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I was in the room with 2 other people in front of computers. Note I already worked for Sykes and Sykes home... The phone was about 3 ft from me maybe more. The recruiter on the phone heard talking and said it was me. So I was not hired because of conduct. Told re-apply in 6 months even though I am rehireable. So I recommend asking for a supervisor being in the room with you on interviews because the recruiter can say anything g they want with even seeing you and knowing who was actually having bad conduct. Very unfair hiring process.