Salesforce

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

3.2

Senior Developer Engineer C++ Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2015.

written test on C++ 45min:
      1> write program to calculate power(x,n) in log(n) time
      2> write program to mirror the binary tree.
      3> write program to find wrong no of "(()" parenthesis in expression "((B+a)"
             give error for "((A))" - for unnecessary brackets
      4> 10 c++ objective type questions - easy

technical interview F2F - situation based question in multi threaded environment, client server scenario.
     possible failure cases in sharing data between server and multiple clients.(producer consumer problem)

Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) Interview

There were two technical interviews where the focus was on coding problems. There were couple of questions for test also. The questions asked were : Given a Y linked list , find the merging point. Find if a binary tree is balanced or not.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Salesforce in March 2013.

They started of with written exam on your coding-aptitude, then a long long algorithm finding question, followed by a group discussion on existing technologies followed by one on one technical cum personal interview. i was rejected after final interviews.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Salesforce in March 2013.

Coding test which was online and lasted for about 1 hour!!

Interview Questions
    • write a program for height of a binary tree using arrays!!   Answer Question

Product Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Salesforce in July 2012.

Salesforce.com is acknowledged as one of the best companies to currently work for at Hyderabad due to their compensation and culture.

Interview was set-up through a recruitment firm who did the initial application through an online form (wufoo), the company was prompt in getting back (2 days) and scheduling an interview at a convenient time (late-afternoon).

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2011.

Phone Interview :
    1. Shallow copy deep copy
    2. Serialization
    3. Types of Thread synchronization
    4. Hash Table n hash colision resolution techniques
    5. Puzzle-join 4 dots using three lines

1:1 interview
    1. Puzzle- Find minimum floor from which a tt ball will break, if there are 100 floor and 2 tt balls
    2. In memory cache -design, problem an solutions
    3. Find one/twomissing number in 1-n numbers

Online coding test -2 hours
    1. Can browse net
    2. Was given airlines portal sstem with api, write client code that uses api and write some code to add more exception scenarios, errors, scalable situations and race conditions

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2011.

All rounds where Telephonic and one was video conferencing
    1. HR will and will ask and check the basic requirement
    2. Technical Call , The Manager will call you and will check your skill set and Flexibility
    3 Technical Call 2, The Senior Manager will call check for further skill assessment and cultural Fit
    4. Director will call and will take the final round
    5. I was lucky i must say because I got an opportunity to talk to the CIO of the company for my final round as in most of the rounds I received positive feedback.
    6. One Video Conferencing round would also be there over skype

Overall they look for , How interested the candidate is , his flexibility and cultural fit. It was a awesome experience and one of the best and dream company to work for. Being a product based company the salary would very good and you will not be able to say NO :)

However the company is still developing in India and due to lot of management changes sometime they dissolve the team and ask there employees to leave by giving some compensation. Job stability and security is a Issue there . I am one of the person who has witnessed this and also faced this , it took pretty long time for me to take up a new job :( and I had a lot of commitments and responsibilities to fulfill

They will offer a good salary no need to negotiate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2010.

Applied for the company , 5 telephonic interviews , 2 in person after that

No Negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2010.

First I had a face to face interview and then followed by a telephonic interview with the APAC marketing VP based in Singapore. The interview process was short and crispt and they did not delay in letting me know.

The only drawback was that I was offered a much lower salary package than industry standards, and I could not negotiate this further and hence accepted.

Software Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

The overall process took around 1 month to complete. I had a referral from a friend and they contacted me about a week after I applied. The interview process itself took about 2 weeks and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews which were a mix of both behavioral and technical questions. Specifically the first interviewer asked me about relevant experience on my resume, asked an algorithm question, asked 2 behavioral 'give me a time when...' questions, then asked me what about the company I was interested in. The second interviewer asked me 1 behavioral question, 2 algorithm/technical questions, and asked what kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question: Given a deck of unshuffled cards, how would you go about shuffling the cards and what was the Big-O complexity.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate considering the salary was very competitive.