Salesforce

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.2

Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) Interview

There were two technical interviews where the focus was on coding problems. There were couple of questions for test also. The questions asked were : Given a Y linked list , find the merging point. Find if a binary tree is balanced or not.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Salesforce in March 2013.

They started of with written exam on your coding-aptitude, then a long long algorithm finding question, followed by a group discussion on existing technologies followed by one on one technical cum personal interview. i was rejected after final interviews.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Salesforce in March 2013.

Coding test which was online and lasted for about 1 hour!!

Interview Questions
    • write a program for height of a binary tree using arrays!!   Answer Question

Product Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Salesforce in July 2012.

Salesforce.com is acknowledged as one of the best companies to currently work for at Hyderabad due to their compensation and culture.

Interview was set-up through a recruitment firm who did the initial application through an online form (wufoo), the company was prompt in getting back (2 days) and scheduling an interview at a convenient time (late-afternoon).

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2011.

Phone Interview :
    1. Shallow copy deep copy
    2. Serialization
    3. Types of Thread synchronization
    4. Hash Table n hash colision resolution techniques
    5. Puzzle-join 4 dots using three lines

1:1 interview
    1. Puzzle- Find minimum floor from which a tt ball will break, if there are 100 floor and 2 tt balls
    2. In memory cache -design, problem an solutions
    3. Find one/twomissing number in 1-n numbers

Online coding test -2 hours
    1. Can browse net
    2. Was given airlines portal sstem with api, write client code that uses api and write some code to add more exception scenarios, errors, scalable situations and race conditions

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2011.

All rounds where Telephonic and one was video conferencing
    1. HR will and will ask and check the basic requirement
    2. Technical Call , The Manager will call you and will check your skill set and Flexibility
    3 Technical Call 2, The Senior Manager will call check for further skill assessment and cultural Fit
    4. Director will call and will take the final round
    5. I was lucky i must say because I got an opportunity to talk to the CIO of the company for my final round as in most of the rounds I received positive feedback.
    6. One Video Conferencing round would also be there over skype

Overall they look for , How interested the candidate is , his flexibility and cultural fit. It was a awesome experience and one of the best and dream company to work for. Being a product based company the salary would very good and you will not be able to say NO :)

However the company is still developing in India and due to lot of management changes sometime they dissolve the team and ask there employees to leave by giving some compensation. Job stability and security is a Issue there . I am one of the person who has witnessed this and also faced this , it took pretty long time for me to take up a new job :( and I had a lot of commitments and responsibilities to fulfill

They will offer a good salary no need to negotiate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2010.

Applied for the company , 5 telephonic interviews , 2 in person after that

No Negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2010.

First I had a face to face interview and then followed by a telephonic interview with the APAC marketing VP based in Singapore. The interview process was short and crispt and they did not delay in letting me know.

The only drawback was that I was offered a much lower salary package than industry standards, and I could not negotiate this further and hence accepted.

Senior Account Executive/Sales - Waste of Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Applied via Web site. Received a friendly "we're interested in talking to you when are you available response". I replied with my availability and didn't hear back for over a month. No response until 2nd follow up email to check on status.
    Scheduled phone interview - very basic question about experience. Recruiter was late for our call. Really unimpressed with the process and withdrew my application.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I found out about Salesforce through a few of my friends that worked there. They really enjoyed working there, so I though that I should give it a try. They were at my college for a career fair and I stopped by for a quick chat. The woman that I spoke with was incredibly nice and down to earth. I received an email a few days later that informed me of an interview. The first interview was pretty basic. They asked about my resume and it really just turned into a conversation. Two weeks after that interview, I was informed that I got a final interview. It consisted of 4 different interviews and a group presentation with the other possible interns. The interviewers were very nice and again the interviews turned into conversations. The group project was pretty simple, so do not stress about that. All in all, it was a very different interview experience and I really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • How do you fit into the company?
      What three words would others use to describe you?

Answer Question