Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process is not so hard and easy to crack. I have been interviewed by sales force Performance Group and there were 6 rounds . The first 4 rounds of interviews went well and after that they have asked to prepare on bunch of topics like Ruby on rails , Performance tools , Garbage collection , DB .etc . I have put much time and prepared well on these topics . Then there were 2 rounds with the US people and they also went well . Finally they come up with a decision stating that i don't have experience in performance engineering. This is not good because initially itself i have told that i don't have any experience working on performance engg and it was not mentioned anywhere in my profile. I think they should make a clear decision after scanning through the profile. The expectation is a bit high . My sincere advice to the candidates is that if the interviewer asks you to prepare on some topics . Just tell them that you are busy in doing office work and you dont find free time. Please don;t spend your time on preparation . You should not be asked to prepare instead you should be interviewed on your current skill set and what you have put in your profile.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2015.

Interview

written test on C++ 45min:
      1> write program to calculate power(x,n) in log(n) time
      2> write program to mirror the binary tree.
      3> write program to find wrong no of "(()" parenthesis in expression "((B+a)"
             give error for "((A))" - for unnecessary brackets
      4> 10 c++ objective type questions - easy

technical interview F2F - situation based question in multi threaded environment, client server scenario.
     possible failure cases in sharing data between server and multiple clients.(producer consumer problem)

Interview Questions

Interview

There were two technical interviews where the focus was on coding problems. There were couple of questions for test also. The questions asked were : Given a Y linked list , find the merging point. Find if a binary tree is balanced or not.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderābād) in March 2013.

Interview

They started of with written exam on your coding-aptitude, then a long long algorithm finding question, followed by a group discussion on existing technologies followed by one on one technical cum personal interview. i was rejected after final interviews.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderābād) in March 2013.

Interview

Coding test which was online and lasted for about 1 hour!!

Interview Questions

• write a program for height of a binary tree using arrays!!   Answer Question

Product Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderābād) in July 2012.

Interview

Salesforce.com is acknowledged as one of the best companies to currently work for at Hyderabad due to their compensation and culture.

Interview was set-up through a recruitment firm who did the initial application through an online form (wufoo), the company was prompt in getting back (2 days) and scheduling an interview at a convenient time (late-afternoon).

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Hyderābād) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview :
    1. Shallow copy deep copy
    2. Serialization
    3. Types of Thread synchronization
    4. Hash Table n hash colision resolution techniques
    5. Puzzle-join 4 dots using three lines

1:1 interview
    1. Puzzle- Find minimum floor from which a tt ball will break, if there are 100 floor and 2 tt balls
    2. In memory cache -design, problem an solutions
    3. Find one/twomissing number in 1-n numbers

Online coding test -2 hours
    1. Can browse net
    2. Was given airlines portal sstem with api, write client code that uses api and write some code to add more exception scenarios, errors, scalable situations and race conditions

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Bangalore) in March 2011.

Interview

All rounds where Telephonic and one was video conferencing
    1. HR will and will ask and check the basic requirement
    2. Technical Call , The Manager will call you and will check your skill set and Flexibility
    3 Technical Call 2, The Senior Manager will call check for further skill assessment and cultural Fit
    4. Director will call and will take the final round
    5. I was lucky i must say because I got an opportunity to talk to the CIO of the company for my final round as in most of the rounds I received positive feedback.
    6. One Video Conferencing round would also be there over skype

Overall they look for , How interested the candidate is , his flexibility and cultural fit. It was a awesome experience and one of the best and dream company to work for. Being a product based company the salary would very good and you will not be able to say NO :)

However the company is still developing in India and due to lot of management changes sometime they dissolve the team and ask there employees to leave by giving some compensation. Job stability and security is a Issue there . I am one of the person who has witnessed this and also faced this , it took pretty long time for me to take up a new job :( and I had a lot of commitments and responsibilities to fulfill

Negotiation

They will offer a good salary no need to negotiate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (New Delhi) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied for the company , 5 telephonic interviews , 2 in person after that

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Gurgaon, Haryana) in January 2010.

Interview

First I had a face to face interview and then followed by a telephonic interview with the APAC marketing VP based in Singapore. The interview process was short and crispt and they did not delay in letting me know.

Negotiation

The only drawback was that I was offered a much lower salary package than industry standards, and I could not negotiate this further and hence accepted.