Salesforce.com

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

3.2

Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) Interview

There were two technical interviews where the focus was on coding problems. There were couple of questions for test also. The questions asked were : Given a Y linked list , find the merging point. Find if a binary tree is balanced or not.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

They started of with written exam on your coding-aptitude, then a long long algorithm finding question, followed by a group discussion on existing technologies followed by one on one technical cum personal interview. i was rejected after final interviews.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Coding test which was online and lasted for about 1 hour!!

Interview Questions
    • write a program for height of a binary tree using arrays!!   Answer Question

Product Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2012.

Salesforce.com is acknowledged as one of the best companies to currently work for at Hyderabad due to their compensation and culture.

Interview was set-up through a recruitment firm who did the initial application through an online form (wufoo), the company was prompt in getting back (2 days) and scheduling an interview at a convenient time (late-afternoon).

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

Phone Interview :
    1. Shallow copy deep copy
    2. Serialization
    3. Types of Thread synchronization
    4. Hash Table n hash colision resolution techniques
    5. Puzzle-join 4 dots using three lines

1:1 interview
    1. Puzzle- Find minimum floor from which a tt ball will break, if there are 100 floor and 2 tt balls
    2. In memory cache -design, problem an solutions
    3. Find one/twomissing number in 1-n numbers

Online coding test -2 hours
    1. Can browse net
    2. Was given airlines portal sstem with api, write client code that uses api and write some code to add more exception scenarios, errors, scalable situations and race conditions

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2011.

All rounds where Telephonic and one was video conferencing
    1. HR will and will ask and check the basic requirement
    2. Technical Call , The Manager will call you and will check your skill set and Flexibility
    3 Technical Call 2, The Senior Manager will call check for further skill assessment and cultural Fit
    4. Director will call and will take the final round
    5. I was lucky i must say because I got an opportunity to talk to the CIO of the company for my final round as in most of the rounds I received positive feedback.
    6. One Video Conferencing round would also be there over skype

Overall they look for , How interested the candidate is , his flexibility and cultural fit. It was a awesome experience and one of the best and dream company to work for. Being a product based company the salary would very good and you will not be able to say NO :)

However the company is still developing in India and due to lot of management changes sometime they dissolve the team and ask there employees to leave by giving some compensation. Job stability and security is a Issue there . I am one of the person who has witnessed this and also faced this , it took pretty long time for me to take up a new job :( and I had a lot of commitments and responsibilities to fulfill

They will offer a good salary no need to negotiate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2010.

Applied for the company , 5 telephonic interviews , 2 in person after that

No Negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2010.

First I had a face to face interview and then followed by a telephonic interview with the APAC marketing VP based in Singapore. The interview process was short and crispt and they did not delay in letting me know.

The only drawback was that I was offered a much lower salary package than industry standards, and I could not negotiate this further and hence accepted.

CIT Interview

I had three to four phone interviews with three different people at Salesforce, both managers and HR people. Mostly competency based questions: why do you want to work for salesforce, why CIT, what are your key skills, take me through your CV, what does Salesforce do, what makes a good sales person...

No negotiation.

SMTS, Quality Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very defined with one round of phone interview, almost all day interview with one hour programming interview in the beginning.
    They made offer on the next day to me and I think its still the process.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't realize if there was any difficult question, mostly if you know the OOPS and OOD then the interview is straigthforward.   Answer Question