Salesforce.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview Interview

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2011.

Interview Details All rounds where Telephonic and one was video conferencing
1. HR will and will ask and check the basic requirement
2. Technical Call , The Manager will call you and will check your skill set and Flexibility
3 Technical Call 2, The Senior Manager will call check for further skill assessment and cultural Fit
4. Director will call and will take the final round
5. I was lucky i must say because I got an opportunity to talk to the CIO of the company for my final round as in most of the rounds I received positive feedback.
6. One Video Conferencing round would also be there over skype

Overall they look for , How interested the candidate is , his flexibility and cultural fit. It was a awesome experience and one of the best and dream company to work for. Being a product based company the salary would very good and you will not be able to say NO :)

However the company is still developing in India and due to lot of management changes sometime they dissolve the team and ask there employees to leave by giving some compensation. Job stability and security is a Issue there . I am one of the person who has witnessed this and also faced this , it took pretty long time for me to take up a new job :( and I had a lot of commitments and responsibilities to fulfill

Negotiation Details – They will offer a good salary no need to negotiate

Product Support Interview

Product Support
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2012.

Interview Details Salesforce.com is acknowledged as one of the best companies to currently work for at Hyderabad due to their compensation and culture.

Interview was set-up through a recruitment firm who did the initial application through an online form (wufoo), the company was prompt in getting back (2 days) and scheduling an interview at a convenient time (late-afternoon).

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Hyderābād

I interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview Details Coding test which was online and lasted for about 1 hour!!

Interview Question – write a program for height of a binary tree using arrays!!   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview Details They started of with written exam on your coding-aptitude, then a long long algorithm finding question, followed by a group discussion on existing technologies followed by one on one technical cum personal interview. i was rejected after final interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were easy and didn't much time to solve.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2010.

Interview Details First I had a face to face interview and then followed by a telephonic interview with the APAC marketing VP based in Singapore. The interview process was short and crispt and they did not delay in letting me know.

Negotiation Details – The only drawback was that I was offered a much lower salary package than industry standards, and I could not negotiate this further and hence accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
New Delhi

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2010.

Interview Details Applied for the company , 5 telephonic interviews , 2 in person after that

Interview Question – Tell me about the previous job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Engineer In Test
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

Interview Details Phone Interview :
1. Shallow copy deep copy
2. Serialization
3. Types of Thread synchronization
4. Hash Table n hash colision resolution techniques
5. Puzzle-join 4 dots using three lines

1:1 interview
1. Puzzle- Find minimum floor from which a tt ball will break, if there are 100 floor and 2 tt balls
2. In memory cache -design, problem an solutions
3. Find one/twomissing number in 1-n numbers

Online coding test -2 hours
1. Can browse net
2. Was given airlines portal sstem with api, write client code that uses api and write some code to add more exception scenarios, errors, scalable situations and race conditions

Interview Question – Hash Collision techniques   View Answer

Renewals Manager - UK Interview

Renewals Manager - UK
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2014.

Interview Details SFDC recruiter phoned me from the UK, brief question/answer session. Next step: in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager isn't an HR person, nor has any relevant HR knowledge. Stuffy (stiff, non-personal) interview, despite attempting to convince me that they were a great and congenial "team". UK recruiter NEVER phoned back. EVER. After two friendly reminders. Cut my losses. If they're not interested, simply e-mail a canned response. At the least.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Solution Engagement Manager Interview

Solution Engagement Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of 7 interviews (with various levels within the organization including managers, directors, and Vice Presidents, a panel interview with 4 people (of similar levels), and a presentation. The presentation was also in front of 4 people. It was a tough interview process; however, the company is the overall leader in this industry and that is to be expected to secure the best talent.

Interview Question – The presentation was the most difficult as it involved preparation work.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cloud Security Interview

Cloud Security
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Interview Question – None really - see above.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!