Salesforce.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview Interview

IT Analyst : One of the Best Interview
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2011.

Interview Details All rounds where Telephonic and one was video conferencing
1. HR will and will ask and check the basic requirement
2. Technical Call , The Manager will call you and will check your skill set and Flexibility
3 Technical Call 2, The Senior Manager will call check for further skill assessment and cultural Fit
4. Director will call and will take the final round
5. I was lucky i must say because I got an opportunity to talk to the CIO of the company for my final round as in most of the rounds I received positive feedback.
6. One Video Conferencing round would also be there over skype

Overall they look for , How interested the candidate is , his flexibility and cultural fit. It was a awesome experience and one of the best and dream company to work for. Being a product based company the salary would very good and you will not be able to say NO :)

However the company is still developing in India and due to lot of management changes sometime they dissolve the team and ask there employees to leave by giving some compensation. Job stability and security is a Issue there . I am one of the person who has witnessed this and also faced this , it took pretty long time for me to take up a new job :( and I had a lot of commitments and responsibilities to fulfill

Negotiation Details – They will offer a good salary no need to negotiate

Product Support Interview

Product Support
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2012.

Interview Details Salesforce.com is acknowledged as one of the best companies to currently work for at Hyderabad due to their compensation and culture.

Interview was set-up through a recruitment firm who did the initial application through an online form (wufoo), the company was prompt in getting back (2 days) and scheduling an interview at a convenient time (late-afternoon).

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Hyderābād

I interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview Details Coding test which was online and lasted for about 1 hour!!

Interview Question – write a program for height of a binary tree using arrays!!   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview Details They started of with written exam on your coding-aptitude, then a long long algorithm finding question, followed by a group discussion on existing technologies followed by one on one technical cum personal interview. i was rejected after final interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were easy and didn't much time to solve.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2010.

Interview Details First I had a face to face interview and then followed by a telephonic interview with the APAC marketing VP based in Singapore. The interview process was short and crispt and they did not delay in letting me know.

Negotiation Details – The only drawback was that I was offered a much lower salary package than industry standards, and I could not negotiate this further and hence accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
New Delhi

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2010.

Interview Details Applied for the company , 5 telephonic interviews , 2 in person after that

Interview Question – Tell me about the previous job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Engineer In Test
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

Interview Details Phone Interview :
1. Shallow copy deep copy
2. Serialization
3. Types of Thread synchronization
4. Hash Table n hash colision resolution techniques
5. Puzzle-join 4 dots using three lines

1:1 interview
1. Puzzle- Find minimum floor from which a tt ball will break, if there are 100 floor and 2 tt balls
2. In memory cache -design, problem an solutions
3. Find one/twomissing number in 1-n numbers

Online coding test -2 hours
1. Can browse net
2. Was given airlines portal sstem with api, write client code that uses api and write some code to add more exception scenarios, errors, scalable situations and race conditions

Interview Question – Hash Collision techniques   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Question – No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details I had an employee at the company put in my resume. The recruiter got in contact with me a couple of days later and we set up a call for the next week. It's your basic phone screen that is completely casual. The recruiter will just ask you about your previous experiences and how they will translate to the position at salesforce. Just make sure you are familiar with all of salesforce's products and have your reasons ready for wanting to join salesforce.

I was prepared for everything and answered the questions convincingly. I just did not have the required 1-2 years of direct sales experience, which is what left me out of the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – What do you know about Salesforce?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Question – Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!