Sam's Club

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Mansfield, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2013.

Interview Details I put in an application and was called back the same day for an interview. I met three different people and they all asked me the same basic questions. I was hired that same day and so was everyone else I talked to. They like to insist the process is longer, it's not. They ask you questions and lead you to the right answers because they just want to hire a warm body. They do not care about the quality of their employees. If you have a heartbeat and pass a drug test, they're hiring you. I'm not even sure if some of the people I worked with passed the drug test, to be honest. They hired some of the most incompetent people I'd ever met.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was the classic, "At your last job, when a customer was unhappy, how did you deal with that?" That's pretty much as hard as it gets. They ask for two references, check your identity, drug test you, and you're hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told the woman what the pay at my last job was, 9.50, and I told her I wanted more than that. She offered me 10.90 easily. The negotiation was so easy I wish I'd asked for more. I noticed that more articulate people got better pay, regardless of age or experience. A woman who was twice my age, but not as articulate made two dollars less an hour than I did. I barely negotiated and got good pay. I have to think that only people that don't negotiate were given only a little more than minimum wage.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details sams club asks multiple choice scenario questions about past experiences and hypotheticals. for instance name a time when you showed excellent leadership skills or if a co worker isn't being productive how would you handle it

Interview Question – none, they were all fairly cheesy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2010.

Interview Details Got a phone call to set 1 on 1 interview. After an interview with a supervisor, management interviews you. HR. associate calls you to set up drug screening and background checks. Fast process. After passing screening and check, HR notifies you of Orientation

Interview Question – Average questions like do you recall when you helped someone out that didn't require you to do so. Questions are customer service oriented. Most time consuming for me to answer was if I would have done something differently, ie on a project or when I assisted someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly wage was calculated by computer algorithm depending on work experience.

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

Interview Details I received a Phone call the day before, from the supervisor of the cafe department and she ask me can i come in for an interview the next day. When I got to the Sam's Club she asked me when will I be turning 18 and I told her I just turned 17 and she said sorry I thought you was turning 18 soon.

Interview Question – There were no questions just a waste of an outfit.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Sioux Falls, SD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview Details Interview was for Manager in Training position. Interview process was relaxed and fairly easy. First standard phone screen, second met with District HR manager, and last met with the General Manager. The hiring process took longer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Membership Associate Interview

Membership Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2013.

Interview Details 3 total interviews, make it through the first two and you will have a job. Third "interview" is paperwork signing and a chance for the club manager to meet you.
1) Supervisor
2) Assistant Manager
3) Club Manager

Interview Question – Role Play, asked to sell a credit card.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay rate, was able to easily adjust my availability.

Cashier/Door Greeter Interview

Cashier/Door Greeter
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2013.

Interview Details The process was three tiered. The first was a mini interview of the STAR behavoral type questions that seems to be all the rage now. It was conducted by a junior shift supervisor that would in turn be a fellow coworker as well. The second was like unto it with a shift manager of the same department. The final took place in the HR office upstairs with all the sign off and entering of more details into system.

Interview Question – I was shocked to be asked the type of questions that only floor personnel should be engaged in since I would be stationary at the cash register solely.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no platform for negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview process is very detailed... Planning, execution, result orientated, profit, and controllable expenses. These are the focus of the interview questions based off of scenarios and situations you've experienced. Consistent with the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time....   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Connection Center Associate Interview

Connection Center Associate
Goldsboro, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2013.

Interview Details Started as cashier, the easiest way for people to get hired into Sam's Club, then moved into my current position with cell phones. Was called to set up an interview, interview with 3 supervisors: Member Services manager, COS (check out supervisor), and the Marketing Manager. It was a short interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes, if that. Just asking about basic work experience, if I would be fine with the requirements of the job, and if I had any experience selling (part of jobs at Sam's Club is to sell their credit card and Plus membership upgrades). They asked me to role play in a scenario and sell them something (anything). It was a pretty informal interview off of a list of questions (still dress nice though, I did). They sent me to HR to get a drug test form, which I then went and did afterwards and they said that I would hear within about a week. I didn't hear anything back, so I called HR and she said that I had definitely gotten the job and they were waiting to contact me to make my final offer and set up orientation til they hired a few more people with me and they would contact me within about one more week to set that up (and they did).

Interview Question – Sell me something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer you a price based on your years of experience -- hourly wages are based on 7 tiers. You get about an extra $.25 for each year of experience you have. After that, the only way to get a pay raise is by moving into a higher paying position, and you get an annual raise anywhere between about $.25-.60 based on your department manager's recommendation. They will ALWAYS notify you when you get pay change.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Interview Details Long process from the initial contact to the interview to getting on the schedule. Training on the computers takes too long and is really drawn out especially when you get on the floor and realize everything is basically different. Ridiculously long application, done by computer, in the store.

Interview Question – What would you do if a member is dissatisfied with the services, products, or personalities of a sales associate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was like "we pay $9 an hour." It was my second job and i was promised 20-25 hours a week. Sometimes i got 10, sometimes i got 30.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!