Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated 17 Mar 2015
Updated 17 Mar 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

It took a long time. The managers and supervisors were both late to the interview. It is very scripted as well. The second interview I did with the company was pathetic. It was very scripted and then I was told they were still doing interviews and that I'd hear back later. The next day I found out I was supposed to have my second interview but no one ever communicated that to me.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to complete a big project? what did you do to complete it? how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

There was no interview. It was literally "Take it or leave it, your choice." You sit in a room with a manager after waiting downstairs for them to meet with you. Then you are put in a room with all the other applicants, and that is your first day. There is no grace period and they do not allow you two weeks to leave any other positions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to cover any hours assigned to you? If there are extra hours available, can you come in and cover them?   Answer Question

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club.

I was a cashier and I wanted out. I told the management I would be giving my two weeks if I didn't receive a transfer and I got shipped out there. It was fun my kind of work.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in March 2015.

In the first interview, you meet with one of the managers & a manager of the cashiers. They ask questions based on scenarios & how you will handle the situation. The second interview was with store manager, where manager gives job offer & I information about drug test & background check.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel comfortable with selling Sams Club credit card while also being a cashier?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cart Attendant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club.

I was really nervous at first but overall it was pretty easy question, very basic. I was interviewed by two different people. But they were very friendly but later they turned out to be very mean and inconsiderate. But of course they put on a big smile but the questions very childish. I fell like my year old sister could have answer them with perfection but then again the interview is for carts

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you did not get along with a certain employee?   View Answer
    Their was no negotiation

Pharmacist Prn/Floater Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sam's Club.

I submitted my application and a few days later received a call from the district manager. We spoke about my background and scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Begani with: tell me about yourself and your background and why you are interested in the position. Describe a situation in which you had to assess the environment to make a decision. And 3 more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

The interview process was very generic. The questions were easy. I was hired on the spot and sent for a drug test within a week. The day they got the results back they called me to set up my training. The training videos were so long and useless.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses? Scenario questions. Standard for a cashier.   Answer Question

Club Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

You go through a 3 part hiring precess, which is very standard in the industry. They look for skill set, knowledge and ability but also what to hear what drives and motivates you, what your strengths are and a realistic answer on what you personally strive to improve upon.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any, they keep it to a very safe structured interview and ask about things that anyone who has walked in the shoes of a GM can answer.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate wage or vacation

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Applied online to walmart. Got called in for a interview 2 days later. They had a problem with my references answering but once they did answer they hired me. The questions were simple. Ex. Can you explain a time where you had to lead others.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question that you didn't know the answer to?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Answered some questions and was able to meet some managers and got to meet two interviewers on one day then met the other manager the next day for interview. then was able to take a drug test and then meet for a orientation later on the week