Sam's Club

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.3

Club Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

You go through a 3 part hiring precess, which is very standard in the industry. They look for skill set, knowledge and ability but also what to hear what drives and motivates you, what your strengths are and a realistic answer on what you personally strive to improve upon.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any, they keep it to a very safe structured interview and ask about things that anyone who has walked in the shoes of a GM can answer.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate wage or vacation

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Applied online to walmart. Got called in for a interview 2 days later. They had a problem with my references answering but once they did answer they hired me. The questions were simple. Ex. Can you explain a time where you had to lead others.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question that you didn't know the answer to?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Answered some questions and was able to meet some managers and got to meet two interviewers on one day then met the other manager the next day for interview. then was able to take a drug test and then meet for a orientation later on the week

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied online and was asked to the interview. The HR person who was supposed to interview me never showed, so someone from the backery conducted the interview. They weren't even from the department that I applied to. I was asked a lot of long winded, complicated questions read off a sheet about past experiences working with people. The interview was conducted in the heating room. I got no call back, even though they said that they would. Do not apply here. They will waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • It was a paragraph about what was a time that I had to work with someone who was difficult and how did i handle it, in a nutshell.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Standard phone interview leading to in person. initial behavioral test online. The process is like any other new hire or any other cookie cutter position. No analytical or situational question will be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years. "basic behavioral interview"   Answer Question
    No negotiation flat rate based on experience.

Cashier Interview

Hiring process is usually pretty fast. If they like you, they'll try to do the second interview immediately after the first. If the second interviewer (usually a manager) likes you then send you for a drug test same day. If you pass, you're hired and usually start the following Saturday.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. "Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with you. What was the disagreement? How did you handle the disagreement? And what was the outcome?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

There were three separate interviews. The first one was with a COS, and then the second interview was with a higher up manager. And then the last interview was with the manager of the whole store. Honestly, the questions were easy. I had no problem answering them.

Tire Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in December 2014.

Applied to Sam's Club opening in Cape Coral. Got three different calls from three different people. Tried to call the first person back, never available to answer. Left my name and number and they never returned my call. Called after second person called me and again was told that person was off for the day. Finally got a third call, answered the call, set up interview for the next day. Went in for my interview and they attempted to offer me positions I did not apply for and only part-time employment after I specified only interested in full-time on my application. Didn't bother continuing my interview and walked out disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Only question was did I want to work part-time.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in November 2014.

I applied on a Saturday, received a call on Sunday to come in for an interview on Monday. Monday I went in for the interview and talked to a very nice woman who asked only 3 questions. (I will list below with a (1) next to it). So after that interview she asked if I could come back to speak with another manager later that day. I came back at the set later time and spoke with a man who was extremely friendly you can really tell he cared about his employees and their careers. Anyways He said he was supposed to ask the exact same questions as the first woman but he said he really just wanted to get to know me and who I was. after about 4 minutes he said he wanted to offer me the job and I could start Tuesday. He left the room to get some paperwork and came back to get me so I could meet with a 3rd woman who asked basic question (Will list below with a (3) next to it). So she went over the pay scale with me asked if this pay was alright with me. We filled out paper work and went over the job description. Then she gave me directions and papers to take to the drug test/background testing place. She said if everything came back clean I would get a call Tuesday morning. Later Monday night I got a call from the 2nd interviewer and he said everything was clean and asked if I was ready to go Tuesday for orientation. So that was the whole process, the only things I did not like was I was not told I was going to have to wait in line at the member service desk for them to page them to tell them I was here. So I suggest to come in for your interview 30 minutes early (I always do so I wasn't late thankfully I hate being late!) in case there is a long line at the desk. I waited about 20 minutes in line, then I waited another 15 minutes at the cafe for both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • (1) 1. Tell me about a time when you and a co worker came to a disagreement, how did you handle the situation and what did you learn from it?

1. Why do you want to work for Sams Club?
      2. How do you feel about having to make sales for the plus card?
      4. How long would you like to stay with the company?

Answer Question
    • (1) 2. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • (1) 3. Tell me about a task you had to finish, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • (3) 1. Why do you want to work for Sams Club?   Answer Question
    • (3) 2. How do you feel about having to make sales for the plus card?
      (3) 3. How do you feel about doing other tasks aside from running the cash register?
      (3) 4. How long would you like to stay with the company?

Answer Question
    Pay is based off experience. They offered me a dollar more than what I asked for so I didn't really feel a need to negotiate.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Applied online, received a call to schedule interview 2 weeks later. Interview included answering pre-set questions(Relate a time you had to convince someone w/a different opinion to change their mind, etc). Then I completed some paperwork re: pre-employment background check. Given paperwork to go for drug test w/in 24hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Relate a time when you had to convince someone of a different opinion than your own.   Answer Question
    • Relate a time when you had a number of tasks to complete, and how you decided to do what, when.   Answer Question

Pay rate was too low.