Sam's Club

Updated 11 Feb 2015
Updated 11 Feb 2015

2.3

Pharmacist Prn/Floater Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sam's Club.

I submitted my application and a few days later received a call from the district manager. We spoke about my background and scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Begani with: tell me about yourself and your background and why you are interested in the position. Describe a situation in which you had to assess the environment to make a decision. And 3 more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

The interview process was very generic. The questions were easy. I was hired on the spot and sent for a drug test within a week. The day they got the results back they called me to set up my training. The training videos were so long and useless.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses? Scenario questions. Standard for a cashier.   Answer Question

Club Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

You go through a 3 part hiring precess, which is very standard in the industry. They look for skill set, knowledge and ability but also what to hear what drives and motivates you, what your strengths are and a realistic answer on what you personally strive to improve upon.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any, they keep it to a very safe structured interview and ask about things that anyone who has walked in the shoes of a GM can answer.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate wage or vacation

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Applied online to walmart. Got called in for a interview 2 days later. They had a problem with my references answering but once they did answer they hired me. The questions were simple. Ex. Can you explain a time where you had to lead others.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question that you didn't know the answer to?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Answered some questions and was able to meet some managers and got to meet two interviewers on one day then met the other manager the next day for interview. then was able to take a drug test and then meet for a orientation later on the week

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied online and was asked to the interview. The HR person who was supposed to interview me never showed, so someone from the backery conducted the interview. They weren't even from the department that I applied to. I was asked a lot of long winded, complicated questions read off a sheet about past experiences working with people. The interview was conducted in the heating room. I got no call back, even though they said that they would. Do not apply here. They will waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • It was a paragraph about what was a time that I had to work with someone who was difficult and how did i handle it, in a nutshell.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Standard phone interview leading to in person. initial behavioral test online. The process is like any other new hire or any other cookie cutter position. No analytical or situational question will be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years. "basic behavioral interview"   Answer Question
    No negotiation flat rate based on experience.

Cashier Interview

Hiring process is usually pretty fast. If they like you, they'll try to do the second interview immediately after the first. If the second interviewer (usually a manager) likes you then send you for a drug test same day. If you pass, you're hired and usually start the following Saturday.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. "Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with you. What was the disagreement? How did you handle the disagreement? And what was the outcome?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

There were three separate interviews. The first one was with a COS, and then the second interview was with a higher up manager. And then the last interview was with the manager of the whole store. Honestly, the questions were easy. I had no problem answering them.

Tire Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in December 2014.

Applied to Sam's Club opening in Cape Coral. Got three different calls from three different people. Tried to call the first person back, never available to answer. Left my name and number and they never returned my call. Called after second person called me and again was told that person was off for the day. Finally got a third call, answered the call, set up interview for the next day. Went in for my interview and they attempted to offer me positions I did not apply for and only part-time employment after I specified only interested in full-time on my application. Didn't bother continuing my interview and walked out disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Only question was did I want to work part-time.   View Answer