SanDisk

Updated 26 Nov 2014

3.1

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

Applied through college placements
    First round consisted of 30 questions to be answererd in 40 minutes.
    Aptitude was mandatory
    Easy aptitude questions .
    Other sections were programming , systems and digital electronics.
    Could choose 2 sections out of 3 to answer.
    Interview rounds consisted more of kernel based questions, OS, CO etc
    2 technical interviews , one hr.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk.

Campus Recruitment- Multiple eliminating rounds
    1. written test- Aptitude(Mandatory) +Electronics/VLSI + C Coding + Systems
         (Subjective questions included)
    2. Technical Interview 1
    3. Technical Interview 2 (More interviews can be held depending on performance)
    4. HR Round

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

written test , tech interview , HR
    tech interview was based on FSM,memory,digital, gates, etc
    ques from written exams were asked
    In HR projects & internship , fursther studies plan , family background , abt urself

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

There were totally 4 rounds of interview

1st round: There were 3 sections. Written Test. (There was negative marking-0.25)
    1st sec was aptitude(10 ques-MCQ): Refer RS Agarwal.
    2nd sec was C programming(10 ques MCQ and 2 Programming): MCQ were very basic C question. The 1st programming question was:
    if(<condition>)
    printf("Hello");
    else
    printf("World");
    Give a condition such that Hello World is printed.
    Answer: <condition> = (printf("Hello")&&0)
    2nd Programming question:
    Write a program to read a file and search for a string
    3rd Sec was about hardware(I couldn't answer all because my stream was Information Technology)

2nd round: It was the 1st technical interview. He asked me to explain about the project. Asked questions on my project. Asked me to write a C code to send bit by bit via GPIO. He asked me a simple aptitude kind of question(Just to see the way you think)

3rd round:It was the 2nd technical interview. He asked me to tell about volatile keyword in c. Then he asked me to declare array of function pointer. He then asked me how interrupts work?

4th round: It was HR interview. He asked me to tell something that is not there in my resume. He asked to tell about myself. How many companies did i sit before this and why was i rejected?

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Test with 4 sections.Aptitude,electronics,programing with 2 code, and some more questions related to electronics.Aptitude was normal but if u r a softwae engineer its tough to crack the other section.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

I got call from consultancy.
    1) 1st Round -> Telephonic . Simple question based on C and Kernel
    2) 2nd, 3rd and 4th Round -> Onsite Managre Round -> Mostly question on Projects
    3) 5th and 6th Round -> Face to Face Round

HR said they will call, but they not respond.
    Worst ever experience.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

ROUND-1
    Written test-including 10 basic aptitude questions, 10 questions of C and 2 Coding Questions.
    –Design data structure to implement sparse matrix.
    –One bit manupulation ques.

Top 8 students were shortlisted from CS

ROUND-2
    Technical Interview
    1. Ask about written test,about questions in written test -how you had solve them.
    2. Ask me about the projects you have made.
    3. Which language you like the most and why?
    4. Other basic questions…

Top 3 students were shortlisted in this round

ROUND-3
    Technical Interview

All 3 students were asked to sit in one big room.
    Then 2 coding questions were given to write on paper in 45 min.
    1..Implement strtok functions of strings.
    eg char a[]=”ab,cd,e”
    Output should be 3 strings–“ab”, “cd” and “e” if we consider the delimiter as ‘,’

2..People are sitting on round table and we have knock out each of one in alternate order eg 1 2 3 4 5 6. These 6 people are sitting in circular table. If we knock out 2 first. Output should be 2 4 6 3 1 5

ROUND-4
    HR Round

1. Tell me about yourself?
    2. Why you want to join sandisk?
    3. What if any other company offer more than what they offer?
    4. Working environment or high salary

Interview Questions
    • Implement strtok functions of strings.
      eg char a[]=”ab,cd,e”

Answer Question

There were 3 Rounds:
    1) Technical Round comprising of Hardware as well as C/C++ questions.
    2) 2 Rounds of technical interviews. 1st had general coding questions. There were also some testing questions. The 2nd one was focused on my internship/projects.
    3) HR Round

Senior Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

Had 3 rounds of telephonic rounds followed by another 2 rounds F2F. This is by far the worst recruitment process i have ever seen. I have put all my efforts in clearing the rounds. After all rounds I was told they will release an offer for me. I kept following up with HR who said "the offer will be released soon..". He kept on saying that for more than a month. I got frustrated and asked directly to provide clear status. At this point HR revealed that my skillset didnt match with the requirement. How gross !! Within a second from "releasing the offer" to "Skill-set didn't match with the requirement". Unprofessional way of recruitment.

My sugesstion is not to attend the interview at all

Interview Questions
    • Coming to the interview questions..they are related to scripting, testing technologies, NAND memory related questions..   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

interviewed at SanDisk in August 2013.

The Hiring process was of 1 written test,2 technical interview,1 HR interview.
    Written test contained 15 aptitude and 20 technical questions for which basics of digital electronics is necessary..
    In two technical interview they mostly concentrated how good am in dealing with digital circuits....
    They also asked some puzzles which everyone can do with some logic thinking...
    Some questions like design a system with frequency 1/3rd the freq of clk with 50% dutycycle,double the freq so on.....
    HR interview was very friendly type of interview no need to bother about that....
    ALL THE BEST.....

Interview Questions
    • Doubling the clock freq is unexpected ques for me which took some time to solve but really challenging......   View Answer