Sanjel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in September 2013.

Interview Details hiring process was quick and well managed, telephonic interview was also good. immediately called me for a personal interview and technical interviewhiring process was quick and well managed, telephonic interview was also good. immediately called me for a personal interview and technical interview

Negotiation Details – the management did not negotiate

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

Interviewed at Sanjel

Interview Details Typical. Asking normal questions to a college-age candidate looking for a first job. Not familiar with US customs, obviously foreign ideals. Decent interview overall. Would not recommend for or against.

Very Easy Interview

Pumping Services Operator Interview

Pumping Services Operator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in April 2011.

Interview Details Quick and painless, but disorganized. People are very friendly and helpful. Starts with a group session, just information only no questions in here. Then on to a one on one interview with hiring manager. Had an offer the following week. Pre employment testing includes a physical test, e.g. lifting and moving heavy objects.

Interview Question – There weren't any, just a general please describe your experience.   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic
Williston, ND (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sanjel in October 2011.

Interview Details The Company was advertised on Craigslist. I contacted the recruiting department and discussed my qualifications and was given an application. There was an urgency on their part and they scheduled an interview in my home area, nearly 1000 miles from the job location. I didn't take the job initially, but I called back one year later and got an interview with who would be my direct supervisor and was hired.

Interview Question – Why do you think the head mechanic at your last job didn't like you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The manager told me my salary would be low twenties per hour. That was more than I expected, and when Recruiting sent me the official offer, It was twenty two. So there realy wasn't any negotiation on my part.

Driver, Equipment Operator Interview

Driver, Equipment Operator
Miles City, MT (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in September 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process very meticulous. Had to have every detail done in full, faxed back and forth with Denver Office for 3-4 days. Bounced between people and departments before interview. Communication about status not always clear or precise. Interview was not too hard, no room for negotiation on salary. Found out later that they probably weren't as selective as I was led to believe, so I had little reason to be nervous.

Interview Question – Nothing significant. I don't remember any real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found no room for negotiations as an entry-level employee.

Equipment Operator Interview

Equipment Operator

I applied through another source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sanjel in December 2010.

Interview Details It was very disorganized.

Interview Question – Are you too old to work for Sanjel?   View Answer

Frac Driver Interview

Frac Driver

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sanjel in January 2012.

Interview Details Everything was easy. I had my cdl learners permit and they liked me. I got a drug test right away and was told I am a shoe in so I just waited for a call back with an offer. I had to chase my offer becuase my file was misplaced at the office. My friend who was interviewed at the same time recieved his call a week before i did, which was three days after the innitial interview. I later went through the physical test and passed and at the last minute before I recieved my start date orders which I was told to be on the following Monday, I was told my back ground check was bad and I will get a letter telling me about it. They could not hire me though. Very dissapointing call when I was all packed. I am as squeeky clean as it gets so that back ground check must go back to the over due book at the library when I was ten.

Interview Question – What is your most important quality and how will it help our company?   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Junior Field Engineer
Red Deer, AB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Sanjel in May 2010.

Interview Details A couple of weeks after applying through their web site an HR from Sanjel called and briefly wanted to know the usual "What do you know about Sanjel?, What was your favourite university course?, What do you know about the position?". After that the HR setup the interview a week later at the University. Then it was a 1 on 1 interview which consisted of the supervisor engineer explaining about the the various service lines with Sanjel. Not very difficult, wasn't behavioural based, it was all very casual chat.

Interview Question – Explaining my poor driver's abstract...   Answer Question

Worked for Sanjel? Contribute to the Community!