Save the Children

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Interview

New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Save the Children in June 2011.

Interview Details First round of Telephonic Interview, if get shortlisted you would be called in for a 1:1 Interview round. Final round of Interview would be conducted to finalize the salary part. After all the discussions you would be asked to submit your previous employment documents and references if all is clear you will be contact to confirm the Date Of Joining.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2013.

Interview Details There were two telephone interviews. The first was an initial screening with the department assistant. The second was with the hiring manager. Both were straightforward. I was asked to describe my relevant experience and how I could contribute to the team. I prepared by reading relevant Save the Children publications.

Interview Question – What advice can you offer us for improving our organization?   View Answer

Advisor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview Details Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Interview Question – Directly asking about what salary I would want.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview Details The phone interview was set up via e-mail by and HR person how confirmed that she would initiate the call. Questions were general and then relied on the the position description.

The in person (1:1) interview was set up by one of the project team members.

The 1:1 interview was strange and somewhat unprofessional. The Interviewer was pleasant but seemed unprepared and inexperienced. For example, the interviewer had not previously reviewed my resume and left me in the interview room to get a drink. There were few questions about my work experience or technical skills. Interviewer asked personal questions and spoke more if his/her own experience and then basically insulted everyone who didn't work in her specific field.

Interview Question – Have you spoken to your family about this position?   View Answer

Foold Security and Livelihoods Community Mobilization Officer Interview

Foold Security and Livelihoods Community Mobilization Officer
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Save the Children in September 2010.

Interview Details Save the Children conducted test to short list the candidates for interviews. After that shortlisted candidates were called for interviews. A panel of six persons including HR, Program, Child Protection conducted interviews.

Interview Question – When the child rights ordnance passed in Pakistan   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I only negotiated on salary............and posting place

Distribution/Program Assistant Interview

Rājanpur, Punjab (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Save the Children in October 2011.

Interview Details What is Distribution procedure?
How to request the commodities for distribution?
how to manage if any problem occurred at distribution point?
What is SRF?
What is Outlet Report?

Interview Question – what will your first action if quarrel occurred in the community?   View Answer

Documentation Assistant Interview

Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2012.

Interview Details 2 interviews i have gave.

Interview Question – the question was related to documentation.   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Program Associate
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2010.

Interview Details After first being contacted for an interview, and finally going in for an interview, the hiring manager never contacted me to let me know that they had chosen another candidate. Save the Children is a very reputable organization, however this was not a good example of professionalism from one of their employees.

Interview Question – How do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment?   View Answer

Communications Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Save the Children in August 2009.

Interview Details It was a phone interview followed by a one on one. It was very competitive and I think most candidates were hugely overqualified for the position.

Desktop Support Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2008.

Interview Details The first interview was a brief interview with H.R. for screening purposes. The second interview was a few days later with the IT manager and a couple folks from the team. I was asked the usual desktop support questions and it went very well. I was invited back for a third interview witht the IT director a few days after that. This interview consisted more of the "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions. This also went very well. Here is my gripe... I was never notified. I waited two weeks or so and finally emailed the IT manager. He replied that they found someone that better fit the position. OK, great, but don't leave people hanging like that. Very annoying because it's not easy getting to these interviews (mid day mind you so I have to take time from work) and they don't have the courtesy to call or even email you? After 3 interviews?

Interview Question – Provide an example where you were not able to solve a problem and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Save the Children? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Save the Children interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Save the Children employees and interview candidates.