Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
390 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Resume Short-listing, Group Discussion, Group Activity, Personal Interview (HR)

Interview Question – How does your name affect you? (Unexpected)   View Answer

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2011.

Interview Details The initial resume based shortlisting was followed by a Group Discussion. The topics for the GD were vague and forced you to be creative. This was followed by the personal interviews. My interview ran for 20-25 min. It had a casual tonr with no core questions. I was asked a lot of questions pertaining to leadership ( give instances were you convinced your group to change its opinion, give an instance were you resolved a dispute, an instance of a difficult decision you made) They discussed my resume thoroughly and also spent some time on why I wanted to join the company and asked how much i had learnt about the company and the profile being offered.

Interview Question – They aked for reasons why i may not join the company after the internship if given an opportunity.   Answer Question

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2011.

Interview Details Resume based, GD, HR(technical), HR

Interview Question – why do u want to join us?   View Answer

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2013.

Interview Details around 30 people were selected from the resume shorlisting. They mostly selected people who had a sports background or some good leadership position in the past. a good GPA isn't their criteria. Instead they want someone who is dedicated enough to eork for the firm for long periods of time. This was followed by a Group Discussion with abstract topics like "white and shades of gray" and then a group activity and finally the PI. only 2 people were selected

Interview Question – didn't reach to the PI level   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details 3 steps: Group Discussion, Group Activity, Personal Interview

Interview Question – Nothing as such. General discussion of the resume and experiences.   Answer Question

Roorkee

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2009.

Interview Details Three round interview. Group discussion, team activity and personal interview.

Interview Question – How does a tubelight work?   View Answer

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

Interview Details The basic process includes resume shortlisting, followed by group discussion, group activity and final round consists of an general interview, in which they may ask technical as well as Hr. Cgpa of 6.0 was shortlisted, other traits they look for are Positions of responsibility, hobbies. For Gd, the topics were random, eg. 'Black', 'Green', 'Dragon', 'Guitar', etc. No time was given for thinking, just 5 mins for discussing. Group activity included the assembly of broken car parts.

Interview Question – What will you do if your worker has lost his hand and at the same time you cannot stop the work since it will cost millions of dollars to the company   View Answers (2)

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details I was recruited from the campus. The process starts with a group discussion and the topic of discussion is very random. It can be discuss the word 'C' or 'Star in your eye'. The whole point of the discussion is not necessarily to make logical sense but all they want to see is how you talk in a group whether you can lead the discussion or not.
Next is a group activity where you will be made to build something in a team, like build a paper plane or a lego model. They will be judging on your ability to have a coordination with your team members and how you handle them.
The final interview is mainly about your mentality towards a physical job in a remote location. If you can convince them that if necessary you can live in a dessert for days on an end or live in the ocean on oil rigs then you would make it through.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just be sure if you want to do this kind of work or not.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2008.

Interview Details Group discussion followed by a typical HR interview. They just want to know whether you have higher career aspirations. If not, they'll hire you. You should be willing to work in remote places.

Interview Question – What is your long term plan?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – campus recruitment, no negotiation

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2008.

Interview Details Interviews after screening CVs.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!