Schlumberger

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Specialist Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview Details I met a member of the Schlumberger HR department who was presenting at a college careers event. He accepted my CV and I got an email nearer the end of my course, which was about two months later inviting me for an interview at their "assessment centre".

The assessment centre was a group interview (twelve candidates) which lasted the whole day. Dress code was "smart casual" which pretty much meant suit but no tie. It included a presentation on the company (during which we were questioned on) an aptitude test based on mechanical and technical knowledge, group task where we had to work in teams to build a tower out of paper and sellotape, an individual presentation which was five minutes and a few slides on ourselves and our career goals and finally a one to one interview comprising of pretty standard interview questions.

It appeared that we were assessed throughout the whole day not just during the tasks. I attempted to engage with the other candidates and the assessor shaking their hand, making eye contact and making relaxed chit chat between activities and during lunch.

I commented that I had enjoyed the day and that the group task was particularly interesting as I enjoyed working with my team who were very competent and good to work with. This seemed to go down well with the assessor.

Overall it was a good experience which I enjoyed and learned a lot from.

Interview Question – At the start of the one to one interview I was asked to assemble a valve (within a time limit of a few minutes) based on a technical drawing and a box of components which were presented to me.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My two year technical diploma (HND) which was required for this position also qualified me to enter university at year three which I chose to do instead of taking this position.

Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Applied online
Invited to Assessment Centre in Dec 2013,
Standard AC activities including presentation from the company, aptitude tests, personal interview and technical test involving putting together a valve using a technical drawing.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

Interview Details I was invited to the assessment centre in Aberdeen where a full day event was conducted.
The day started with 3 psychometric tests, these were unlike others I have seen in the industry where the first was a logic sequence, however in a 3x3 grid with 1 square missing, the 2nd was a circuit like problem where different components altered the shape going through it in terms of size, colour and shape type this was fairly easy, the last test was also component based and fairly logical.
After a break we worked in a group to make a structure out of paper we could all stand under. We had lunch and then there were pre prepared presentations from all candidates and individual interviews.
The staff were fairly friendly, however a more holistic approach would have been better rather than telling people to leave after not scoring well in the tests which is quite intimidating.

Interview Question – The psychometric tests were unexpected.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview Details The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2013.

Interview Details Got offered an assessment center a week after applying, was a full day in Aberdeen. right from the start was the toughest interview i've ever had! we waited in the canteen at the start of the day then were lead into a room and with no introductions or anything were told there's 3 different logic tests on the table, we have one hour and anyone who gets under 70% their day is over. so a pretty stressful start.
4 of the 12 failed the test and after that things were a bit more relaxed with a long talk about how the industry works and where Schlumberger fits into this. next we had to give a 5 minute presentation about ourselves which was all fairly straight forward. after lunch there was a group exercise where we had to build a structure for 3 people to fit under out of 25 sheets of paper and some selotape. my team built a Teepee which was the best one.
finally there was a practical test where we had to assemble a valve and the interview. the interview was very standard compitency questions however the women asking the questions seemed very disinterested and not impressed by my answers which knocked my confidence a bit and my interview only lasted 10 minutes compared to 30 for everyone else. i think this was because i was the last person and we had allready ran over time. i thought the day went terribly and wasnt expecting anything to come but 3 weeks later i got an offer!

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you've been shouted at or told off by a customer or coworker who wasnt happy with your work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave.

The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Interview Question – Valve assembly had a time limit.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Stonehouse, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Sent CV online and got an interview 2 weeks later. involved 30 minute presentation on any technical topic of my choice, followed by technical questioning. Secondly a simple multiple choice test on technical principles, and finally a seocnd interview with HR and recruitment team, which was competency based.
Final tour of facilities.
Overall an enjoyable experience, with polite and friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – Technical questions on presentation.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Inverurie, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and after about a month was called for an assessment centre. Was told to prepare a 5 minute presentation about topics that were sent with the invite.

The environment and employees were friendly. Started the day with introduction and some IQ tests. Then the hr manager gave a pretty detailed presentation about the company and work we will be doing. This was followed by presentations and lunch. Finally there was a group exercise and then an interview with a couple of the employees.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult pretty straight forward questions were asked. In the interview was told to assemble a valve but that was pretty easy if you use a diagram that is provided.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Why didn't you do a masters degree?

Interview Question – Who could win in a fight Chuck Norris or Godzilla?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed Salary, no negotiation!

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interview Details Standard as other corporate companies

Interview Question – How do you handle negative feedback   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was the matter of take it or leave it

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.