Schlumberger

Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.9

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

I applied by submitting my CV to their online recruitment process in October and was invited to an assessment centre in December. It was pretty standard stuff, needed to give an interview on our backgrounds, psychometric tests, team building exercise and interview. During the interview I needed to assemble a valve from an engineering drawing.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I got asked was "If unforeseen occur then would you be prepared to work 24 hours for the company?"   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

There were a range of things to complete including psychometric testing, a presentation about yourself and to answer pre-set questions using powerpoint and a face to face interview. It was overall a good experience and the interviewers were absolutely lovely people!

Interview Questions
    • Why have you not chosen to pursue work experience within your desired area of interest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

Process was very straight forward. Applied online and submitted a CV. No cover letter required. Talked to one of the engineering recruiters at my university's careers fair. She passed on her contact card and took my CV. I later received an email for an invite to an assessment centre in Aberdeen.

The assessment centre consisted of an introduction to Schlumberger and how their business operates. Be prepared to ask questions and answer queries regarding the companies history. There were timed IQ style tests that lasted approximately 1 hr. It is key to be prepared at this stage and make sure to practice as much as possible. There were no numerical style questions. One of the tests consisted of 3x3 matrices where you have to discover a pattern in a small amount of time.

Later we carried out our self-presentations that were prepared in advance and assembled a valve with an interview to follow.

Interview Questions
    • each candidate had to assemble a diaphragm valve (for gas) within 5 minutes with parts missing. Its important to remain calm at this stage and not to be thrown off. If you do not assemble it within the allocated time, talk about what you would have done to complete the valve. You are provided a cross sectional drawing and not an exploded diagram. They later asked the usual HR questions and what product line interests you the most.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

Application involved submitting a CV.
    Assessment Center - A presentation given by the company, explaining how the company works and giving more information about the role we had applied for. 1 hour of logic testing. We then all gave a presentation about ourselves for 5 minutes. We then conducted an individual 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you deferring away from your original sector of engineering?   Answer Question

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

We started the day with a presentation about the company and was asked questions during this. The questions were basic things you can find on the schlumberger home page: who were the founders and in what year, number if employees etc.
    After this we had our individual tests. These were a mechanical or electrical one to begin with then 2 psychometric tests. If you have any doubt about which one to choose I'd definitely choose the mechanical one.
    We then had our individual presentations, follow by lunch then the group exercises. On this we had to build a tower out of 20 sheets of paper and Sellotape which was strong and stable enough to hold an iPhone on top of it for 10 seconds.
    After this we had the individual interviews. This was pretty straight forward. We were asked to put together a valve using a drawing and then asked a few basic questions and sent home. Still waiting to hear the outcome in a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If you were offered the position would you have any initial concerns.   Answer Question

Graduate Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

I Applied online and I was invited for an assessment day after a few months, where I did a presentation about myself and a recent technical project. I also did 2 diagrammatic tests and an interview.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Sent off CV and got a response within a week; invited to Assessment Centre.

The assessment day was quite typical; presentation, logic tests (do revision on different types of psychometric logic tests) group exercise and one-on-one interview.
    Nothing extremely difficult..

However, quite a bad HR department. Some people from the interview didn't hear back about negative results until they personally called the department after almost 2 months. It seems most of the positions were already filled while we interviewed the assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a practical assignment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

Online application, then an invite to assessment centre.

Assessment centre quite laid-back, they seem to observe your personality and whether you would suit the role. Then a one-on-one interview is given to round off the day. Make sure you are well adept with competency questions and have lots of examples where you demonstrate it.

A major con: No feedback is offered at any stage of the recruitment, even after interview.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Two separate interviews. First one on campus and a second one at one of the regional headquarters. There was an interview panel made up of technical and personnel people.
    All the candidates had to do a technical presentation of work they had done recently. You would then get grilled on what you had spoken about, they would go at you until you crack basically, guess its just to see how you can think on the spot and answer questions under pressure.
    Apart from that it was mostly relaxed and they were friendly.

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

I had to go through 3 Interview stages before i was hired, 1st was a group test and logical questions to assess your thinking, the test mainly included mathematical and mechanical problems including fluid and torque calculations. the second stage was an HR one to one interview, mainly you speak about yourself and they check if you are suitable for this type of field job. Third and final stage was another group meeting with all the candidates, where everyone is required to prepare and present himself in a 5-slide power point presentation mentioning his strengths , weaknesses, previous experiences and things that excite him in general.

Interview Questions
    • They really seamed to care about what you have been doing in the past as they are trying to get an idea of what kind of personality you are and how you reacted to tough situations.   View Answer
    ?