Schneider National

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Logistics Account Executive

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schneider National.

Interview Details I met with Schneider at a career fair at my university. We talked about the role and I handed over my resume. I received a call later that week to set up an initial phone interview, which led to another about 2 weeks after. The third one was about a month after my second. The offer came the next day. Very standard interview questions.

Interview Question – I didn't really struggle with any one question. The guys were very personable and a lot of fun to talk with.   Answer Question

Dedicated Driver Interview

Dedicated Driver

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider National.

Interview Details Schneider needs drivers and is very aggressive in their recruitment. They do a thorough background check, health, work history, DMV etc. There isnt much of a interview process its more of meeting paper/legal requirements at that point they will pretty much say or do anything to get you on as a driver.

Interview Question – Really wasnt one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Schneider trumped mileage, training pay, truck models etc so there wasnt much negotiating .Problem is after hire they didnt come through on promises.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider National.

Interview Details Very straight forward phone interview then a one on one interview. Interview questions were most behavioral based. No technical questions were asked. They brought me in and show me what i was going to do. Then we talked about if i was interested and when i could start. We talked wages not much can be done.

Interview Question – Name a difficult situation you were able to resolve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Green Bay, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider National in September 2013.

Interview Details Schneider contacted me a couple days after applying and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview went great and lasted about 30 minutes! A couple days later received a call from a recruiter to come back for an in person interview.

The in person interview was awful. It's a panel interview with 3 "middle" management individuals that lasted an hour. Their questions were ridiculous! Who asks something like "what do you do to motivate people"? I'm interviewing for a Customer Service position, not a managment position. I have never had to motivate people!

Anyway, the interview was very intimidating and it felt like they were trying to break me. They weren't even interested in getting to know me as a worker or individual...just supid behavioral questions that are not related to the job.

I ended up accepting another position with a better Company for more pay.

Schneider also never got back to me.

Interview Question – What do you do to motivate people?   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Schneider National.

Interview Details I got a HR screen interview. A very nice recruiter just asked some normal questions such like why do you want to work for Schneider National, why do you think you are the right person. After the 30 minutes interview, the recruiter immediately told me I can get another interview next week. I sent follow-up email every week after the first interview and they always told me that they were still reviewing my background. After three weeks, I was told they wouldn't consider me for this position.

Interview Question – What kinds of problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Pricing Intern Interview

Green Bay, WI (US)

I interviewed at Schneider National in April 2013.

Interview Details I had an initial phone interview and was asked many broad questions about myself, and how much I knew about the company.
After passing the phone interview I had 3 twenty minute interview with different pricing analysts. They each asked me different types of questions.. Technical, soft, and specific about my resume.

Interview Question – The toughest question for me was during my phone interview I was asked for the wage that I expected to have. This was tough because I was not ready for it and I did not want to go too low but also wanted the internship.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider National in June 2013.

Interview Details Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long
2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long
In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Question – How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Different company had better offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Green Bay, WI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider National in December 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview that lasted an hour, they asked about previous work history, what I liked and disliked about previous jobs, formal education and why I wanted to work for them and questions to gauge personality. It was followed by 3 person panel interview upon being found successful by phone. Long process, hour and a half for panel interview probably a lot of questions that are hard to prepare for, fair questions but stressful and unexpected.

Interview Question – Three things about yourself that others might find negative.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, they threw a number at me, i accepted. They wanted a year and a half commitment to my starting role. I should have fought that one, but was just too happy to be getting an offer at the time.

Drivers Business Leader Interview

Interviewed at Schneider National

Interview Details First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Question – When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Company Driver Interview

Company Driver
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider National in September 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Interview Question – Don't be late to class. Drive slow and careful.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider National

Worked for Schneider National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider National interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Schneider National employees and interview candidates.