Scientific Drilling

In Houston Interview

In Houston
Houston, TX (US)

Interviewed at Scientific Drilling

Interview Details Unstructured and unorganized. Poor communication with HR.

Three interviews with increasing manager levels. Each less effective and more incongruous. None prepared.

On boarding very poor except for IT. Onboarding assistance non existent by and large. Limited to no Operations or HR support.

Background check made following acceptance as expected also typical drug tests.

Interview Question – Standard questions. Interviewer unprepared. Nothing challenging. Standard to twenty questions from internet with a few technical questions added.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – VERY DIFFICULT, Firm salary offered lower than previous. and excused by generous benefits. Some slight salary, move but begrudgingly. No match on previous vacation experience. No leeway on benefits. Process very slow.

Take it or leave it impression with no attempt to convince why offer good. Discovered once inside others with less experience making more. Very disappointing.

Very Easy Interview

Survey Management Specialist Interview

Survey Management Specialist
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Interview Details We discussed my experience and technical knowledge and then we discussed pay. After that I went through the new hire process and was ready to go. It was a very easy process.

Negotiation Details – I said what I wanted and they matched it.

CAD Drafter Interview

CAD Drafter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scientific Drilling in July 2013.

Interview Details Two interview. General questions about yourself, customer service, likes and dislikes, express your character. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now. What are your full-time goals. Why are you leaving your former company? What can you offer to the company? What is a difficult situation that you have handled? How would you describe yourself?

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated some vacation time. You don't obtain vacation until after a year. The initial offer was great.

MWD Engineer Interview

MWD Engineer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scientific Drilling in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied by sending the CV and Cover Letter to HR representative.
Interview was about 20 minute, in the hotel reception room, at the table for 2.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.
-Do you have a girlfriend?
-Do you have a driving licence and if you have a own car?
-What is your current salary? ("if you can't do this, maybe we couldn't do the proper offer for you.." )
-Do your employer have provided the food on the Rig for you?
-When you want to promote from MWD to DD?
-Other simple questions
  Answer Question

Project Engineer and Other Electronic Engineer Related Positions Interview

Project Engineer and Other Electronic Engineer Related Positions

I applied online and interviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Interview Details Just had the 1st round, pretty much HR stuff.......Interviewer was friendly and was quiet accommodating in re-scheduling telephonic interview.....

I am not sure if the company sponsored H1b and neither was the HR. They said that they would find out and get back to me.

Interview Question – They seem to have a standard template i.e what is the most challenging situation that you have been in, how to do respond to change etc   Answer Question

Worked for Scientific Drilling? Contribute to the Community!