Sephora Color Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.4

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Holyoke, MA (US)).

Interview

I am still in the Interview Process. I applied in December and received a call back in March. My first interview was at a Starbucks in the mall with the HR manager, one on one. My second interview was with the store manager in her office, also one on one. Today was my third interview which consisted of an hour and a half skin care/make-up demonstration on the HR manager with the (who I am assuming is the Color Lead) watching my demonstration. They let me have free reign and it was more of a demonstration to see how confident I am with selling, application and client interaction. They said they would check my references and make decisions at the end of the week. Each interview was roughly scheduled a week apart and I received a call back a few days later to schedule the next.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Pre-screen call, in person interview, artistry demo interview (go in to the store and actually perform and makeover service as part of the interview process), reference check and hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Customer Service   1 Answer

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Long interview process took 3 weeks I went on one huge group interview, a second smaller group interview and then a one on one interview. They told me I would have to do a makeup demo before getting hired but I was offered a position as color consultant with out the makeup demo.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora (Manhattan Beach, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Got called three hours later. Accepted offer. Did paperwork and came the next day for training. Orientation was once a week for two weeks. That was the only part that doesn't make sense to me but I love it here

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client broke a perfume after walking out   Answer Question

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called for a brief phone interview and later was invited for a group interview. I got there and there were other girls waiting for the interview. Once we got inside, we were introduced to one another and the 2 leads asked us various questions, such as details about ourselves and a fun fact. Then we got into other questions such as "Have you had conflict with other co-workers?" "What frustrates you about the retail industry?" and more. They told us they would call us within a week after contacting our references but it has been a month.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

1. Submit resume 2. Group interview 3. Interview with other cast members 4. Phone Interview
    You will need to be comfortable talking in front of a group, and jumping threw quite a few hoops. (not literally)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1-2 weeks offered me a much lower wage than I had asked for

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic questions as everyone has mentioned before. Why sephora, name one word to describe yourself, etc. it was a group interview, I thought I did really well, but have yet to hear from anyone 3 weeks later. Which is rude, and questionable. I am highly qualified, and did great. Very disappointed that they have not atleast emailed back to say that unfortunately at this time, the positions are filled up. Try again next time. Something.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sephora (Spokane, WA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later went into the store with my resume. They told me they could not accept anything in store, but they were having a job fair at the same time down the hall. I ran down the hall and was about 6 minutes after they ended the fair. They still very nicely offered me an interview, and told me on the spot that they would call to set up a second phone interview with a manager from a different store, and that they would be calling my references. About 5 days later the same manager who interviewed me said that I would be getting a call from the other store manager in 2 days and we set up a time. She called and asked the same questions as the first interview, then said that the store I applied to would be getting in touch soon. I waited 5 days and then called to check in, let her know i was still interested and she said that she would get back to me tomorrow. She did, and she called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Normal customer service questions.
      Why sephora?
      What got you into makeup?
      Tell me about a difficult time with a customer?
      Tell me what qualities you think make a good manager?
      What qualities make a bad manager?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on the 3rd of July and was called on the 4th, I answered and was asked to set up an interview, I set up one for the following week. When I arrived to the interview I was then told it was a group interview. All I knew was to be super friendly so another girl that was waiting, I just started talking to her. We were then led to the food court and asked questions and told to answer how ever. Most of the questions were very general like why sephora, do you have an retail experience, tell me about an co worker who didn't follow rules. At the end of the interview they told us they would follow up in that week. Two days later I was called to have a personal one on one and since I had cosmetic experience to do a demo. I went in a had my one on one which were more LP(loss prevention) and customer service orientated questions. They asked the infamous perfume question. I was then asked to do a demo on the manager, talk about nerve wreaking. So I did a smokey eye and then left as they were getting busy and was told that they would call me in the next week. I heard nothing. Then a little over a week later the Assistant Manager called me to tell me they were trying to get ahold of my references. I guess that means I did well in my second interview. So I explained that two of them were on vacation and they would be back this day. After they got ahold of my references they called me with an offer. I asked them to let me mull it over for a day and then decided I would take it and negotiate on salary.

Interview Questions

• If a client came into the store and explained that she just bought the perfume and broke it what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked the manager if they would be open to salary negotiations, I put a price on my application which you should never do. She asked why I wanted more since I put down $$ and I explained that I know what my value is as an employee and the type of environment I would be working in. we landed somewhere in the middle of what I wanted and what was offered.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online a month before receiving a call. Had the interview on a Wednesday which took about 30 mintues was super friendly. Received phone call the following week on a Friday as she said she would either way if hired or not. Offered me a core position and congratulated me on being hired cause of course I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• What can bring to Sephora?
      What would you do if you had a issue with a fellow employee?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was about money, it is negotiable especially if you have previous retail and or in cosmetic industry. I got a tad under what I asked but well over the normal.