Sheetz

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Birdsboro, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sheetz in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a got a call for an interview a few days later.
I went for the interview and it was a little harder than I expected. She took me to a small room in the back and there was a guy observing the interview, which made me nervous. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some questions where basic: what do you know about Sheetz?
Where would ypou like to be in 5 years?
Describe Team Player.
What do you think of the sentence "good enough"?
After the interview she said she would get back to me by the end of the week. She did give me call saying I didn't get the job because I was better for a managing position.
I do remember leaving there with mixed feelings, I wasn't sure If i did good or not.

Interview Question – There where a few unexpected questions, but the only one I can remember was this one: How sweet can I be in a work place?   Answer Question

Zebulon, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sheetz in October 2012.

Interview Details My initial perception of the Sheetz culture was as a customer. I enjoyed the environment whenever I needed more than a fuel purchase. After I applied for a position online, I went into the location and spoke with management about my application. I received a call within a day or two to go in for an interview. I was offered a position right away. My start date was delayed for 5 weeks due to a tragic family event, but the offer remained open. Not many businesses will hold a position for a new employee, so I'm proud to say I work for Sheetz.

Interview Question – I don't recall any questions that were difficult to answer, nor did any aspect of the discussion/interview process seem unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Woodbridge, VA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sheetz in January 2013.

Interview Details I speak from the side of the manager doing the interview. We go threw plenty of applications a week and try to set up at least a handful every week. We may not be hiring, but we are always willing to do interviews, you never know if this person can be a strong asset to your company. We ask a wide array of questions, but really look at questions dealing with customer service. That is the business that we are in, and would want all of our employees to display a strong urgency for taking care of our customers.

We try to contact all interviewees by phone to let them know the decision that has been made. Some stores even set up second interviews, especially for the management positions. Once we proceed with the hiring process there is a drug and background check that is associated with pre-hire, these results usually take a week to get back to the company.

Interview Question – I find that the most difficult question for most people is the 'describe yourself in 3 words' question. Most applicants take quite a bit of time to answer this question.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sheetz

Interview Details Apply online and get a call within the coming week

Interview Question – Normal customer service questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Salesperson Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sheetz in August 2010.

Interview Details It wasn't really a formal interview. They needed a person for third shift, I was a frequent customer. I filled out an application, they asked when I could start, & I got the job.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about it   Answer Question

Great Mills, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sheetz in May 2012.

Interview Details Sheetz was holding an open interview to hire for the summer. I submitted an application online, this includes a brief psych test as well to make sure you aren't crazy. The next day I went in for the open interview. I gave them my resume and they asked questions like, what do you think sheetz is, do you have a favorite menu item, is this your first job, what hours can you work, if you had work but got invited to a party would you call out to go to the party?

Interview Question – What is your favorite menu item? I hadn't eaten there yet so I had to make something up!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just my hours. It was my first job so I couldn't really negotiate pay. You basically tell them your availability by day of the week and what holidays you can work.

Very Easy Interview

Belle Vernon, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview Details Very long and annoying

Interview Question – Interview was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing I signed my life away

Salesperson Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview Details I had one interview, in which I was asked the standard interview questions. What surprised and impressed me the most, was that the manager asked me if he could give me some feedback on my interview skills! He gave both positive and negative feedback which has helped me since!

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just the general questions for a retail/customer service position.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sheetz in August 2012.

Interview Details Two interview process. If there is an offer, drug screen and training.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Williamsport, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sheetz in April 2013.

Interview Details Ask regular interview type questions

Negotiation Details – She told me the salary & I had to go get a pee test done that day.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sheetz

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sheetz interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sheetz employees and interview candidates.