Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I found out about the job by a sign in the window of the store. I walked in and asked for an application. easy enough. I got a call a few days later and met with the store manager the same day. Basic interview questions were asked but it genuinely seemed like the manager cared about my personal life and not just what I was on paper. got the job and spent 2 years with the company. would work for them again.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone wanted a product that you had committed to another customer but that customer had not come to pick it up yet?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate and started $1 more an hour. They were quite reasonable.

Summer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

All questions were fairly simple and project related. Good part was that they allowed me to ask them some questions about the kind of work I will get to do.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2010.

SLOW. Started in April and ended in June with little feedback. Also was interviewed by the manager that would eventually report to me. She was not prepped and had no idea of where I came from and why I was there. A little strange.

Tough

Part Time Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Very relaxed, felt like I was talking to someone who wanted me there to begin with. Lucked out by going in at the right time and asking for a job. Although had some pre knowledge due to having odd jobs that needed me to visit that store frequently.

Didn't feel the need to

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2010.

Recruiter called to see if I'd be interested in this position. Next day interview with my potential boss. Then HR phone interview. Another "boss" interview. Fly to out of state for interview with upper management. Informal interview with work partners/peers. Fly to out of state ride alaong for 3 days with peer in similar position.

Interview Questions
    • How did you last best handle a customer complaint keeping the companies interest at the forefront?   Answer Question
    Some flexibility (5 to 10,000 in base salary.. Don't give in too quickly.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. From the beginning it seemed the interviewer didn't like me and had the feeling that I wouldn't get an offer. He seemed disinterested and asked some off the wall questions.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I was contacted by a recruiter about their Management Trainee Program. First interview was with an HR rep where I was asked the basic first interview questions. Second step was an in-store visit to two stores in my area where they provided me a list of questions to ask both the Manager and the Assistant Manager to get a feel for what they do. Third step was an interview in person with the District Manager. There were questions asking what I thought I could bring to the company, how I have handled a difficult situation with the "co-worker" of some sort, and what are your future goals.

Great company, awesome pay and the best people co-workers but be ready to pick up your life to move where they want you. Also you will most likely work every weekend as an Assistant Manager.

Interview Questions
    • I had done a lot of research on interviewing so there was no question that was particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

The interview processes that I have been involved in have been fairly casual and straight forward. It always looks good to dress professionally. You will usually do one o two interviews, one with the store manager, and if they consider you, one with the DM. It also looks good if you show interest in continuing your career with Sherwin-Williams, or if you are a woman or a minority. Because SW is mostly white males, they are eager to hire women and minorities who are interested in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest strengths/ weaknesses in regards to working in the store?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Making sure the individual is comfortable as possible, by doing so it can help them answer questions and get a better understanding of the job. Also making sure the candidate is professional and presentable.

Store Manager Interview

Posted to an internal job posting, which was followed by a call to inform me I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. The interview took about a hour to a hour and half upon which I was informed I would be notified shortly of his/her decision. I was offered the position within a couple of days with my asking salary and I accepted

n/a

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!