Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Met recruiters at campus career fair. It was pretty easy to get an interview, she just had me sign up on a sheet. She was very nice, but seemed to be grabbing any student that was interested no matter how they were.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the worst negative feedback you have received from a current employer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

There was 2 rounds, the first was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions - tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Second round was in the office, again pretty easy interview, just a little more in depth about yourself. Half of the interview is spent with the guy telling you about Sherwin and what he does/what you'll be doing.

Sales/Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Met campus recruiter at internship fair; gave resume and set up interview time on the spot. First interview with campus recruiter, second interview with city manager, email with contract a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty generic situational questions; one question- how do you take safety into consideration in your everyday life   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Summer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

All questions were fairly simple and project related. Good part was that they allowed me to ask them some questions about the kind of work I will get to do.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I found out about the job by a sign in the window of the store. I walked in and asked for an application. easy enough. I got a call a few days later and met with the store manager the same day. Basic interview questions were asked but it genuinely seemed like the manager cared about my personal life and not just what I was on paper. got the job and spent 2 years with the company. would work for them again.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone wanted a product that you had committed to another customer but that customer had not come to pick it up yet?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate and started $1 more an hour. They were quite reasonable.

Part Time Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Very relaxed, felt like I was talking to someone who wanted me there to begin with. Lucked out by going in at the right time and asking for a job. Although had some pre knowledge due to having odd jobs that needed me to visit that store frequently.

Didn't feel the need to

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. From the beginning it seemed the interviewer didn't like me and had the feeling that I wouldn't get an offer. He seemed disinterested and asked some off the wall questions.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I was contacted by a recruiter about their Management Trainee Program. First interview was with an HR rep where I was asked the basic first interview questions. Second step was an in-store visit to two stores in my area where they provided me a list of questions to ask both the Manager and the Assistant Manager to get a feel for what they do. Third step was an interview in person with the District Manager. There were questions asking what I thought I could bring to the company, how I have handled a difficult situation with the "co-worker" of some sort, and what are your future goals.

Great company, awesome pay and the best people co-workers but be ready to pick up your life to move where they want you. Also you will most likely work every weekend as an Assistant Manager.

Interview Questions
    • I had done a lot of research on interviewing so there was no question that was particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

The interview processes that I have been involved in have been fairly casual and straight forward. It always looks good to dress professionally. You will usually do one o two interviews, one with the store manager, and if they consider you, one with the DM. It also looks good if you show interest in continuing your career with Sherwin-Williams, or if you are a woman or a minority. Because SW is mostly white males, they are eager to hire women and minorities who are interested in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest strengths/ weaknesses in regards to working in the store?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Making sure the individual is comfortable as possible, by doing so it can help them answer questions and get a better understanding of the job. Also making sure the candidate is professional and presentable.