Sherwin-Williams

Average Difficulty
272 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Very straight-forward and friendly process! Three interviews: 1.) phone interview w/ recruiter 2.) Store interview with store manager and assistant manager 3.) Face-to-face interview with City Manager and District Manager

The phone interview was about 30 minutes, questions were STAR format that had a lot to do with customer-service. Just prepare several "stories" about how you've done well in a sales/customer-service/management environment and be able to tell them in a way that makes you seem warm and professional. Recruiter also emphasizes whether you're open to relocation - so be open with them about your expectations.

The store interview is when you go in an learn more about the position. They go over the different responsibilities, from warehouse safety, sales, operations, and inventory management. Recruiter will email a worksheet with questions to ask the Store Manager - mostly about the different responsibilities and expectations. From my experience, the Store Manager didn't ask me anything about my past work-experience (they were busy!). I felt he was mostly gauging my interest in the job and whether it would be something I would want to do.

Final interview is at the District Office with the City Manager and District Manager. They went through my resume and asked me about my work experience. They also spent a good amount of time going over the opportunities and culture. They didn't ask any STAR questions (I was kinda bummed, I had prepared a lot!), but they mostly were gauging my personality and whether it would be a fit.

From my experience, everyone was overwhelmingly friendly. You can tell this is a good company to work for.

Interview Question – Name an instance when you've turned a negative customer-service experience into a good one.

Name a time when you've been part of a group where someone wasn't pulling their weight and what you did about it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set salary

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online using their web based system. It did not work very well and I did not hear from them for at least three weeks. I had a brief phone interview and seemed as if I was unqualified.

Interview Question – There were some technical questions I was unable to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details I first met with the manager of the store. After a few questions and some time "getting to know" each other, I was told I would be meeting with the district manager. The interview with the district manager was just as simple. A few questions about my experience (the typical..."Do you have any customer service experience?", "Have you handled cash before?".

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Warner Robins, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details The interviewing process was as easy as can be. There is a 3 step process. The first step is the phone interview there is a recruiter who calls you and the call is about 30-45 minutes. After the phone interview, the recruiter will set you up for the second step which is the in-store interview. The in-store interview is usually about an hour to two hours long. I was told the store that I would be visiting and given the number to call the store manager to set up a time and date that was convenient for the both of us. I also asked what he recommended I wear which he told me khakis and collar shirt would be fine. It includes a tour of the store and a interview with the store manager and the assistant manager. Before you arrive, the recruiter will send you a questionnaire to print out and take with you for the in-store interview and it basically has questions that you should ask which gives you further details about the store and the business. The store manager asks his/her questions then you turn around and ask the questions listed on the sheet. Same goes for the assistant manager. If you make it to the 3rd step, you will be contacted by the District Manager to set up the final interview. Be sure to dress your best because this will be more of a professional interview than the first two were. After speaking with the District Manager you will then be contacted by the recruiter later in the week to offer or not offer you the job.

Interview Question – The questions weren't so bad. The phone and the District Manager interview asked similar questions such as "Why do you want to work for the Sherwin- Williams Company?, What is good customer service? How would you handle an angry customer? "Based on the store visit, what would you change about the store?" Are you willing to relocate?" I realized that Glassdoor was the best source to prepare for the job interview with this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired by the District Manager and was offered the job where I gladly accepted. The recruiter sent the offer letter to my email address and I had a couple of days to accept or decline. The offer letter consist of the store location as well as the benefits and salary.

STM - Assistant Manager Interview

STM - Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details This is a company where there is a lack of diversity. If you are a minority, you will get interviewed. But good luck with the interview process. This isn't a company that values diversity and it isn't a global company. To be honest, being a minority and working for this company would have been nothing but disappointments. Literally playing the role of Rosa Parks in a company like this isn't a battle worth taking on top of daily work stress. Politics would be a challenge you can't take on.

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Communications were very straight forward and detailed. Questions are sales based, experience based and make sure to ask what the every day processes are like. The managers are very friendly and want to get to know you, but I wish the store visit I was able to interact with the other employees and get their insight.

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain from this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lawton, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details Just a genereal interview asking about what you think of paint, and what made you choose their company. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They ask you about your past experiences in sales, and about the difficulty the job requires.

Interview Question – what do you think you can add to our company   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Question – What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was negotiable.

Anonymous Interview

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details The process began with a light phone screen. The discussion was on their project and the structure of their business. This was followed by another call and we set a time for me to interview onsite. Before the interview the hiring manager asked me to connect to her on LinkedIn.

Interview Question – How do you influence a team?   View Answer

Summer Management Intern Interview

Summer Management Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online- Received an E-mail for a phone interview in about one week time in which i was given different time slots based on my availability to choose from. The Interview went smoothly lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly behavioral based i.e. In a given situation who did you handled the problem   Answer Question

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!