Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

Interview

The branch manger was very polite but because of my sceduke I was unable to be hired. the interview itself was very good and I was accepted to have a job but as I have previous stated I could not because of my schedule.

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

1 : 1 interview, then a panel interview on the same day. Color matching test was given - place colored pegs in various orders while being timed. Questions were asked about previously used lab equipment and previous testing (ITM) experience.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2015.

Interview

Expect the STAR format questions during the phone interview. They will ask you to have specific stories so don't plan on trying to talk around them. Its best to prepare answers about past experiences before the call

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied online for the Management training program, later contacted by a recruiter. Had short interview with the recruiter, asked me all sort of questions about what I would do in situations and leadership skills. Next I had my in-store visit, that went well. Lastly, I was contacted by district manager asking for my hours of availability in order to have an interview with him. Interview should be by the end of this week. Overall great experience, a little concerned about the whole relocation thing. I dont live in the area yet but I am moving there and its frustrating to look for a place because there is not a set location. They train you in one store in the area and then they move you to another location in the area- its just a little confusing and difficult for people who dont live in the area yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is unhappy with the service and treating you with disrespect?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Posted for job on website....hiring manager called me to schedule an interview. Interviewed at office in a suit and had a business plan prepared for the interviewer. It was fun and a great experience

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Fayetteville, NC (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out application then got called by recruiter asked couple basic questions then I got store glance where they showed what I was going be doing then I was told my email week later there was no positions opening waste of time

Interview Questions

• Why you wanna work for Sherwin williams ? What customer service experience and bunch of " tell me about a time " when   Answer Question

Web Development Professional Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. A lot of the time was spent explaining the program and asking about what kinds of work i've done before, and how I work in groups. Technical questions were very surface level, they only asked questions about technologies/languages that I have worked in before, as they were more interested in my desire to learn new things rather than coming in with a lot of knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working in groups when others don't fulfill their responsibilities?   Answer Question

Manager Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

First interview was great. I'm now waiting to go visit the store for my second interview. I know that I will get hired and claiming it. This company seems to have a great work life balance and that is great. The benefits and pay are great as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay safe and what steps do you go about to remain safe?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online contacted by recruiter that afternoon.He was pleasant we set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Phone interview typical questions mostly about customer service and my current job as a restaurant manager.Was asked how far I could travel I said an hour. Was setup with a store visit the following week. Store visit was great, Store manager very informative about expectations. She told me she thought I would be an excellent fit. Recruiter contacted me again the next day, I was set up with a 3rd interview two weeks later. When I got to third interview they informed me that I was the last of six interviews that day and that four people would be interviewing me. I was the last interview of the day. Went through City manager first was a great interview he really liked me I could tell. Next interview with two people one was a Store manager who was training to do interviews. that also went well. Third in interviewed with District Manager, I felt like I talked too much with him, I also said something negative about current employer and regretted it as soon as I said it. At the end of interview he asked me how far I would travel, I said and hour. He said that someone would get back to me by Friday either way(This was Wednesday). No one called me by Friday, I figured they were busy and that they would call Monday. No call Monday. I got a letter in the mail on Monday postmarked Friday that I did not get job. I was Bummed I was very excited about Sherwin-Williams and they seemed excited about me. I assumed it was because of my interview with District Manager.I was unhappy that no one called. The reason I am still upset about this experience is that the next day the recruiter called to follow up he asked how the Interview went I told him obviously not well since they mailed me the generic reject letter. He told me that he was told that my interviews were fine but that I was not willing to relocate so they could not hire me since they had no openings in my area. I was never asked once throughout this whole process if I would relocate.I would not have gone to interview if that was the case. As for traveling I feel that an hour of travel to work is a generous offer to go sell paint. There are 25 locations within an hour of my home. I think there are other reasons I did not get hired. It was awful for them to call me after sending me that letter, just to tell me a lie. They still have a posting up that they are hiring for my area.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Standard phone interview, I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and then they asked that I go over my resume from my oldest job to my most recent job. They described the position in more detail and asked how I felt about it and about moving from my current city.

Interview Questions

• I did not think they would have me go over my resume from oldest to most recent job in such detail, I was asked to go over every line.   Answer Question