Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
277 interviews

2.6

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in December 2013.

Easy as long as you prepare well

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute more to the company that you are not doing right now.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

The managers are highly professional and respectful. I walked in looking for employment and walked out two hours later employed. I felt welcomed the moment I walked in. I did not get ugly looks when I told them I was here for a job. I was asked if i wanted to interview that same day or come back another day. If this is offered to you I recommend interviewing right then and there. I believe this shows confidence and that goes a long way.

Interview Questions
    • The question I felt was difficult to answer was why do you want to work for Sherwin Williams since i have never had any contact with this company before.   Answer Question

Intern, MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saratoga Springs, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Received an e-mail through my college's career development center of an HR rep from SW coming to hire for internships at school. Sent in a resume and cover letter and went in for a face-to-face interview. Was notified by HR within a week that I got it. Next step was to visit my training store in Saratoga Springs and ask the managers questions. After that, I had to meet with the district manager for placement.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked very basic questions to see how interested and dedicated you'd be to get involved with their internship. Asked about grades, schooling, etc.   Answer Question
    i didn't negotiate anything, I just wanted an internship for some business experience.

Store Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2013.

Meet some employees at a Career Fair, Applied Online, Phone Interview, One on One interview.

Process between Career Fair and One on One interview is about One month. Might be less for some people.

Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview was very easy. Basic interview questions, no curve balls.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I randomly walked into the store , asked if they were hiring and applied . I spoke directly to the store manager every time .Relaxed envoirment but still very professional . Had my interview with the store manager, the next day interview i also interview with district manager. Most stores have a small staff so be prepared to work mornings and weekend. Customer service is important for this position so try to highlight your skill in this area.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question : Tell me about a time where you had a angry customer.   Answer Question
    He me ask how much I want t

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2011.

Behavioral interview, basic questions about resume, situational type questions about how you can deal with customers who call in that are disappointed. Questions about how you deal with people on the phone and how you can solve problems

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a customer who calls in demanding a refund?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions
    You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Very long process. I have had 3 interviews so far and one in store visit and I don't know when it is going to stop.

Sales/Management Intern Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There was nothing really surprising. It started with taking about my prior experience. Then we went into behavioral questions such as: What do you expect to get out of this internship, what sort of responsibilities did you take on with prior employers ect.

Interview Questions
    • How do you incorporate safety into your everyday life?   View Answer

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online and received an invitation to set up a phone interview/screening shortly after. The interviewer was very casual and unprofessional at times. I then found out that I was being interviewed for a territory other than the one that I applied for. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would receive an e-mail with instructions to set up the next step in the process. This e-mail never arrived. I sent a follow-up e-mail to check on this issue, and never received another response from this company.