Sherwin-Williams

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2011.

Interview Details Behavioral interview, basic questions about resume, situational type questions about how you can deal with customers who call in that are disappointed. Questions about how you deal with people on the phone and how you can solve problems

Interview Question – What would you say to a customer who calls in demanding a refund?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Sales/Management Intern Interview

Sales/Management Intern

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details The interview process was pretty straight forward. There was nothing really surprising. It started with taking about my prior experience. Then we went into behavioral questions such as: What do you expect to get out of this internship, what sort of responsibilities did you take on with prior employers ect.

Interview Question – How do you incorporate safety into your everyday life?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online and interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details I applied online and received an invitation to set up a phone interview/screening shortly after. The interviewer was very casual and unprofessional at times. I then found out that I was being interviewed for a territory other than the one that I applied for. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would receive an e-mail with instructions to set up the next step in the process. This e-mail never arrived. I sent a follow-up e-mail to check on this issue, and never received another response from this company.

Interview Question – None. Very predictable.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details Very long process. I have had 3 interviews so far and one in store visit and I don't know when it is going to stop.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly easy   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Full Time
Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2010.

Interview Details Now days its all about who you know

Interview Question – I really don't recall   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2014.

Interview Details The process took about three weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter and was moved on to the next part of the interview which was meeting a store manager. I made sure to bring many questions to the interview to ask. I then conacted the recruiter and was scheduled for a the last and final interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – What do you consider excellent customer service? STAR format questions, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details Applied through the career fair at my school and went in for an on campus interview.

Interview Question – What is your dream job (Apparently the answer he said he would have said was "to sell Ferraris")   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Fernandina Beach, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details They ask you typical interview questions like why do you want to work here? What would you do or what have you done in past experiences dealing with upset customers? etc… In my experience they like to throw in a fun question to gauge your personality. Most employees are down to earth so don't be intimidated. They are looking for someone who is friendly and smart. Just be yourself and be calm. They don't throw any curve ball questions.

Interview Question – They may ask you what you know about the company. It's always best to do research on a company before an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When hired or promoted to key holder you have to have a minimum car insurance coverage. I had to change mine to get the promotion…it was only $10-15 difference and it was worth the pay increase. You also get a pay increase every year being there.

Lawton, OK (US)

Interview Details It began with an email to schedule a phone interview with the area recruiter. After the phone interview, you do an in store interview which was more like a tour or sneak peek to what the wirk place is like with a store manager. After this, there was an interview with the district manager, which we met inside the same store.My FOURTH interview was with the district district HR manager over the phone. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position, but I had to accept the offer through an email. The recruiter made contact with me throughout the whole process via email and phone. If we spoke on the phone, he made sure to send a confirmation on what was spoken during the phone calls. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you created a project and was criticised for your work?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Consider the fact that you might not be working in the city that you applied in. Most positions can open any where in the district and you have to be willing to move for the job.