Sherwin-Williams

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I first met with the manager of the store. After a few questions and some time "getting to know" each other, I was told I would be meeting with the district manager. The interview with the district manager was just as simple. A few questions about my experience (the typical..."Do you have any customer service experience?", "Have you handled cash before?".

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was straight forward.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Communications were very straight forward and detailed. Questions are sales based, experience based and make sure to ask what the every day processes are like. The managers are very friendly and want to get to know you, but I wish the store visit I was able to interact with the other employees and get their insight.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2014.

First, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to look over some information regarding the company to make sure that this was a company i wanted to work for. Next, the recruiter asked me which areas I was interested in working in and told me to officially apply for these areas. Then, a phone interview was set up. From here, he asked me to go visit a store and talk with the management of this store. I was there for about two hours. Next the recruiter contacted me regarding the store visit and asked me to go to another interview with the District Manager of the area I had applied for. The DM offered me the job on the spot and said that more information regarding salary and benefits would be e-mailed me. I officially accepted the job over e-mail the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a specific customer service experience you have had (positive and negative).   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question
    Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going within this company?   View Answer
    They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

The interviewing process was as easy as can be. There is a 3 step process. The first step is the phone interview there is a recruiter who calls you and the call is about 30-45 minutes. After the phone interview, the recruiter will set you up for the second step which is the in-store interview. The in-store interview is usually about an hour to two hours long. I was told the store that I would be visiting and given the number to call the store manager to set up a time and date that was convenient for the both of us. I also asked what he recommended I wear which he told me khakis and collar shirt would be fine. It includes a tour of the store and a interview with the store manager and the assistant manager. Before you arrive, the recruiter will send you a questionnaire to print out and take with you for the in-store interview and it basically has questions that you should ask which gives you further details about the store and the business. The store manager asks his/her questions then you turn around and ask the questions listed on the sheet. Same goes for the assistant manager. If you make it to the 3rd step, you will be contacted by the District Manager to set up the final interview. Be sure to dress your best because this will be more of a professional interview than the first two were. After speaking with the District Manager you will then be contacted by the recruiter later in the week to offer or not offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't so bad. The phone and the District Manager interview asked similar questions such as "Why do you want to work for the Sherwin- Williams Company?, What is good customer service? How would you handle an angry customer? "Based on the store visit, what would you change about the store?" Are you willing to relocate?" I realized that Glassdoor was the best source to prepare for the job interview with this company.   Answer Question
    I was hired by the District Manager and was offered the job where I gladly accepted. The recruiter sent the offer letter to my email address and I had a couple of days to accept or decline. The offer letter consist of the store location as well as the benefits and salary.

College Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Three-part interview process which began with a telephone interview, then moved on to a store visit, and finally an interview with the district manager. The initial recruiter who gave you the phone interview stayed with you during the whole process and helped with any questions and always followed up to help schedule the next step. Everyone was very friendly, very obviously loved the company, and it was a great experience. The questions were pretty typical and included things like, "where do you see yourself in _ years?" or "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer," "why do you want to work for Sherwin-Williams?" etc. The recruiter was the only one who had actually really looked at your resume and would ask questions over that, the store visit was more for you to ask questions and see if you wanted to work there, and the district manager asked a lot of the same questions as the telephone interview, but it was just more serious and in a professional setting.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of when you had to deal with a customer in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of times where you have been a leader and talk about your leadership style   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary was set already.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal questions. There was some situational questions on the last interview.   Answer Question
    No, negotiation.

Intern, MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Received an e-mail through my college's career development center of an HR rep from SW coming to hire for internships at school. Sent in a resume and cover letter and went in for a face-to-face interview. Was notified by HR within a week that I got it. Next step was to visit my training store in Saratoga Springs and ask the managers questions. After that, I had to meet with the district manager for placement.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked very basic questions to see how interested and dedicated you'd be to get involved with their internship. Asked about grades, schooling, etc.   Answer Question
    i didn't negotiate anything, I just wanted an internship for some business experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I randomly walked into the store , asked if they were hiring and applied . I spoke directly to the store manager every time .Relaxed envoirment but still very professional . Had my interview with the store manager, the next day interview i also interview with district manager. Most stores have a small staff so be prepared to work mornings and weekend. Customer service is important for this position so try to highlight your skill in this area.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question : Tell me about a time where you had a angry customer.   Answer Question
    He me ask how much I want t