Sherwin-Williams Management Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2013.

It was a long interview process. Initially I applied online then a few days later I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is a basic phone screening. Then there was a delay because the recruiters had placed me in the wrong territory. Then after that issue was dealt with I had an in-store visit. During the in-store visit you are supplied with questions for the manager and assistant manager to answer. Then after the store visit a follow-up call is made to the recruiter. After that I had an interview with the regional manager. Once again this is a very standard interview, but for those whom have never been on an interview they ask you question and you should answer in STAR format (google it). Google common interview questions and that will basically cover the questions they ask you. Personally, I read the book "Greatest Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions" and I felt that prepared me very well. Then after that you will meet with the district manager who will describe the position more and ask you some more STAR format questions. A hint to anyone interviewing for this position ask relative questions throughout the interview and especially when they ask you if you have any questions. Personally, I had a very high understanding of the position but asked questions that I knew the answers too just to keep the conversation flowing and seem more inquisitive about the position. They offered me a position 2 days after my meeting with the district manager. I accepted the offer and a week later they told me I would start next week. So overall the process took me 5 steps and took almost 2 months! Sherwin-Williams is seemingly a terrific opportunity for a recent college graduate and so hopefully it will be worth it.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Management Trainee Interview

The first interview was a phone interview, it was very easy, the second was a instore visit followed by a second phone interview. They try and get you in by saying there is unlimited growth and great benifts, but thats only if you want to stay in sales.

Interview Questions

I wanted to eventually transition to HR the chances of that there was slim.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2012.

I contacted a recruiter via email after meeting with some company representatives at my former University. I was responded to almost immediately and my resume was reviewed and a Skype interview was scheduled. After that I went in for a 1:1 Interview with the district manager and finally, a week later, an in-store visit. I was offered the position via phone after the in-store visit and accepted.

The interview process with Sherwin-Williams is very thorough and very professional. They want to find out if you are a fit for them and vice-versa as fast as possible. It is clear they value the people they have on their team and everyone I met truly enjoyed their jobs. A great interview experience!

Interview Questions
    • What are your three greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable building business relationships in a more casual setting?   Answer Question
    There wasn't a particular phase for negotiation. They seek people who are willing to re-locate to some degree and you can discuss the specifics of this at any point during the interview process.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chico, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2012.

Talked to campus recruiter. Then filled out application online. Got a phone call for interview. Then taken to store. With a 1 on 1 interview.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

Phone interview went well, and then I was invited for a store visit at the local center. Store visit consist of store tour, asking current store manager and assistant store manager questions about their positions, and then the behavioral questions 1:1 by the store manager.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2011.

Call was about 30 mins. Reception wasn't great; had it been all would have gone better. General information; back and forth. Offer would come later.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2011.

I applied for the Management Trainee Program online through the Sherwin Williams website. I was contacted by a recruiter about a week after I submitted my application. I informed him I was looking for work in a specific city because I was relocating there. He said once I got there we could schedule a phone interview.

The recruiter scheduled the interview, emailed me at the last minute to reschedule, and then missed the interview because he scheduled something else around the same time. I found that very disrespectful, as I spent almost an hour waiting (in addition to the time I spent prepping) for the call until he told me what had happened. He called me the next day, and asked fairly easy and generic questions.

He asked if I was willing to relocate. I said I was, but not for a little while, because I had just signed a lease on an apartment that I could not break. The recruiter explained that even though I had applied for a listing in the city I lived in, I could not stay there once training was done due to a lack of available positions. I would have to relocate about five hours away if I wanted the job. The was no help with relocation costs if I had to break my lease or pay rent on two places.

Overall, I felt the interview process was very unprofessional. They need to be more specific on what they mean by "relocate." I feel they should not list openings in a certain city if they cannot guarantee space. I felt my time was wasted especially since I was upfront about the fact that I had just moved to that city.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2009.

Presented good impression of Co. Lot of hard work, but rewarding.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2010.

came to campus, went for a shadow in a local store, didn't sign up for a second round interview

not my thing

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!