Shoppers Drug Mart

Getting the Interview

62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details The interview process was simple. I applied online, and a few days later, I was notified by the store's pharmacist/owner to come in for the interview. He asked really basic interview questions like "Tell me about yourself, what are some strengths and weaknesses, etc." The whole interview lasted for about 15 minutes. After the interview, the owner notified me that he will keep in touch if I got the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question from my interview was "Taking into consideration all of your past job and volunteer experiences, which one did you enjoy the most and why?"   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details it all depends on if the manager likes you or not. you could even be hired on the spot

Interview Question – basic questions and strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When you could start and availability

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a position online. I was contacted by a recruitment specialist from head office within a few days. We discussed the position that I applied for, and others that I might be interested in. I was not being considered for the position that I had applied for, but the great part was that she took the time to explain why. She then expressed interest for a different position, one she felt was a better fit as well as future opportunities. It was a very positive first contact and we set up a phone interview time for the new position.

The phone interview: It was quite in depth, about 45min. It was a great two way conversation as opposed to a straight question and answer format. I was asked several questions that covered my management style, leadership skills, strengths and weaknesses, problem solving abilities, failures and successes, my career goals. Some questions were basic yes/no answers, others were situations, some required examples, some not. There was a good balance which allowed us to have an interview that flowed very smoothly.

I was notified by the recruitment specialist that my information was sent to a local store and I would be contacted by the Store Manager to set up an in person interview. At the in store interview I was interviewed by both the Store Manager and Owner, primarily the Store Manager. The entire interview was 2 1/2 hours. The interview went well, I was asked many of the same questions and a few different one that pertained to that store specifically. The interview again was a great two way conversation. I was informed by the Store Manager that I interviewed great. Subsequent to the interview I had to complete an on-line questionnaire of approx. 100 questions. I was not offered the position in that store.

This is the great thing that happened: Yes, I was disappointed. I received so much positive feedback that I did not give up and unbeknownst to me neither did they. I contacted the recruitment specialist a few days later by email to have my information sent to another store. Not only had she already done so, she had also spoken to other stores regarding my potential as well. The interview was set up and I met with the Store Manager and Owner. I found out that they received my information from the first store I interviewed in, with recommendation. How great is that?! I experienced a few days of disappointment, to find out that the company itself was trying to find me a job! How great is that?! It was another great interview and two days later I was offered the position! I absolutely accepted!

Good things come to those who wait! This was not a short process, from start to finish, about a month, but did involve head office, more than one store and several peoples schedules including mine. It was well worth the wait! And I can't express enough the high level of professionalism and dedication on the part of everyone involved!

Interview Question – I was fully prepared. I was not asked a question that I found to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did research on the industry and the company. I explained my expectations based on industry standards, the company and my experience. And I was made a good offer.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in May 2012.

Interview Details Online application, one-on-one interview, call back for result.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked for salary expectations, but I did not get the impression that it would be negotiable.

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details Easy and simple

Interview Question – What Would The Person Who Likes You Least In The World Say About You?   Answer Question

P/T Cashier Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in September 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty easy. I was able to be honest with them all in all about my life

Cash Supervisor/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details Interview with the front store manager and cash manager

Interview Question – None that I can remember. Just know the Scan Store Policy.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details Recruiter, phone, technical and manager interview

Interview Question – Did i ever estimated a budget for a project.   Answer Question

Cosmetician Interview

Cosmetician

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Question – SELL ME THIS PEN.
again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Post Office Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details An unusual interview because the only question that was really asked was whether or not I had cash register experience. Most of the discussion centered around what the shifts would be and what the expectations were (keep post office tidy, be polite to customers).

Interview Question – The only question asked was whether I had cash register experience. I was offered the job by phone later in the day. My salary wasn't settled on until a few days after I'd started.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's retail and the hourly rate is the hourly rate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shoppers Drug Mart

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!

Shoppers Drug Mart Videos

Shoppers Drug Mart – Why Work for Us?

​​​Shoppers Drug Mart is a Canadian success story, created by smart, action-oriented and caring people in our organization who recognize needs, innovate services and focus on what’s important. And right now, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shoppers Drug Mart interview questions and advice. All 62 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Shoppers Drug Mart employees and interview candidates.