Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview if you are from different city followed by a face to face. I travelled to banglore to give f2f. Telephonic took around 45min and f2f took around 2 hours. HR was over phone.

Interview Questions

• Mostly around xp practicies, TDD & ATDD practices. Write a code with TDD approach. Explain current project achitecture.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

technical round,3 technical interviews and 1 hr interview
    Th e written was easy.
    The Technical rounds are bit difficult as they are checking your knowledge in depth.
    As the interview leads the difficulty is also increasing.

Process Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Aptitude was hardcore Tech and general aptitude followed by GD.
    Tech topics like c, oops, data structures, operating systems and others.
    Aptitude round will be same for MBA and BE,Btec. Be prepared with your engineering subjects and your projects

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked detail about the project, few logical question and general knowledge questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Position was for .net project
    2 technical round
    As the project for which they were hiring was windows projects so most of the questions were on C# concepts like primitive data types, delegates events, garabage collection, value type ref type...some problem solving programming questions like fibonacci series etc.
    Some basic questions on DB ...queries, sp, function etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial.It took whole day to complete all 3 interview,
    after that HR asked for my document and other details over mail.With constant follow up with the HR and recruiter
    on 6th Jan 2015 the told that they do not have any position to map my profile.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial and one hr rounds. They generally conduct interviews as drives so, expect a lot of candidates to be present with similar skill set as yours.

Interview Questions

• sql join questions for a front end developer position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Chennai) in April 2014.

Interview

Had two face to face interview at Chennai for a opening. Hierarchy is very layered and can be misleading. Example: TL - 8A/8B, Asst Mgr - 7A/7B, Mgr - 6A/6B etc

H.R is not very transparent about hierarchy in the company and this can be misleading and cause confusion for any potential candidate applying for an opening.

Had 3 rounds of salary negotiations post which offer was rolled out. It was only in the last round they clarified about the actual hierarchy in the company. In hindsight it was a difficult but good decision I let the offer go as much better offers came after.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions that were asked. All questions were along expected lines   Answer Question

arrogant H.R and company not transparent about hierarchy

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore) in March 2014.

Interview

Process is very bad and pathetic ...They took 3 round on same day including HR Round and next they ask to submit document on salary part and some identification document but after that no response till now ...Almost 17 days over... While HR Round he said we will give you confirmation immediately with in 3-4 days... But It is worst company i would say...

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions

• To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore) in July 2013.

Interview

1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.