Société Générale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details 1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Question – All common questions. Nothing new or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in May 2010.

Interview Details Recruitment mostly from consultants.
2 - 3 rounds may be there ..........

Interview Question – why r u changing job?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in September 2012.

Interview Details Two rounds of intereview. One with the SME and then with the head of the department.

Interview Question – Get your basics right. Truthfull answers are always appreciated. Give relevant example for every answer that you give. No great surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 month

IT Support Team Leader Interview

IT Support Team Leader
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2013.

Interview Details very unprofessional!!!
I got call from a consultancy saying that there are openings in Societe Generale for Technical lead position. Interview date was scheduled. I reached their office on time for interview. After couple of hours first round is done and HR asked me to wait for next round. Waited till 3PM. Then they told me that they do not have interview panel for next round and I can leave for the day. After a month I got call for further rounds with team from their head quarters. Next round is completed. Next day I got call saying that I am selected and HR will contact me for a discussion. Within same week had HR round and I got confirmation from HR that he will send an offer in couple of days. I did follow up for couple of weeks. HR did not send any offer. This is very unfair. Even though HR told me that he will send an offer they did not give me any offer.

Interview Question – What leadership qualities I have which distinguishes me as better lead among others?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Tūmkūr

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in February 2013.

Interview Details Very easy to clear the aptitude round.Aptitude consisted of both technical and general aptitudeAfter aptitude GD were taken.and HR

Interview Question – I couldn'y make it to that level because it was my first interview experience and too much nervous.   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

Hyderābād

I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Interview Details Total 4 rounds. 1st written. 2nd and 3rd technical round. 4th HR round.

Interview Question – How do you cope up with lead's estimation of any task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still going on

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2013.

Interview Details first round was apti,then they short-listed some based on the results
second round was interview with a senior manager
last round was HR round

Interview Question – the process was very good,they are very helpful
they asked basic banking related questions
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details Started with first F2F interview, asked me if I have worked on Web Applications/Web Services. I think the interviewer didn't look at the profile as I am working on windows application only.

Interview Question – I have worked on windows application throughout and was asked if worked on web applications   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details 1. Written Test
2. Group Discussion
3. 2 Rounds of Technical Interview And 1 HR

Interview Question – Maximum eliminations in Group Discussions. Once u r through it, It's easy in other rounds.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2009.

Interview Details Not much anybody with exposure to banking can be hired. Know basics of banking and the project one has worked on. Show bit on project management and communication and you are sure shot for HR round. It is a slow paced company so do not expect much on day to day work.

Interview Question – why this job and company   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Société Générale

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société Générale interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Société Générale employees and interview candidates.