Société Générale

Updated 20 Nov 2014

2.9

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial and one hr rounds. They generally conduct interviews as drives so, expect a lot of candidates to be present with similar skill set as yours.

Interview Questions
    • sql join questions for a front end developer position   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

Had two face to face interview at Chennai for a opening. Hierarchy is very layered and can be misleading. Example: TL - 8A/8B, Asst Mgr - 7A/7B, Mgr - 6A/6B etc

H.R is not very transparent about hierarchy in the company and this can be misleading and cause confusion for any potential candidate applying for an opening.

Had 3 rounds of salary negotiations post which offer was rolled out. It was only in the last round they clarified about the actual hierarchy in the company. In hindsight it was a difficult but good decision I let the offer go as much better offers came after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions that were asked. All questions were along expected lines   Answer Question

arrogant H.R and company not transparent about hierarchy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Process is very bad and pathetic ...They took 3 round on same day including HR Round and next they ask to submit document on salary part and some identification document but after that no response till now ...Almost 17 days over... While HR Round he said we will give you confirmation immediately with in 3-4 days... But It is worst company i would say...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in August 2013.

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions
    • To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Questions
    Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

The interview was a quick session from morning to noon one day. There were 3 rounds in all, 2 with the hiring management and 1 with the HR. Not very tough or inquisitive interview as such. Most of the interviewing managers/staff tend to be developers turned into managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult as most of the questions were basic and standard.   View Answer
    They offered a decent hike in the initial offer. I countered with my counter offer. 1 day later, they accepted my counter-offer. HR wasn't very strong in negotiating.

IT Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in June 2013.

very unprofessional!!!
    I got call from a consultancy saying that there are openings in Societe Generale for Technical lead position. Interview date was scheduled. I reached their office on time for interview. After couple of hours first round is done and HR asked me to wait for next round. Waited till 3PM. Then they told me that they do not have interview panel for next round and I can leave for the day. After a month I got call for further rounds with team from their head quarters. Next round is completed. Next day I got call saying that I am selected and HR will contact me for a discussion. Within same week had HR round and I got confirmation from HR that he will send an offer in couple of days. I did follow up for couple of weeks. HR did not send any offer. This is very unfair. Even though HR told me that he will send an offer they did not give me any offer.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership qualities I have which distinguishes me as better lead among others?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Total 4 rounds. 1st written. 2nd and 3rd technical round. 4th HR round.

Interview Questions
    • How do you cope up with lead's estimation of any task.   Answer Question
    Still going on

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Started with first F2F interview, asked me if I have worked on Web Applications/Web Services. I think the interviewer didn't look at the profile as I am working on windows application only.

Interview Questions
    • I have worked on windows application throughout and was asked if worked on web applications   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

1. Written Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. 2 Rounds of Technical Interview And 1 HR

Interview Questions
    • Maximum eliminations in Group Discussions. Once u r through it, It's easy in other rounds.   Answer Question