Société Générale

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Société Générale in August 2013.

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions
    • To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2012.

communication is a must, interview process is simple. if the person meets the budget limit, offers get releases immediately. intial scrutinizing will be done by telephonic interview, then f2f , then manager or one more technical interview and then hr round

i asked 30%, got more than i expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

College Interview
    Written Test and GD round-Just need to speak,that's enough
    Basic Aptitude -No technical Depends on the interviewer
    HR -Why SG basic questions just had to convince him that being from bombay I wont leave within a year

Interview Questions
    • Just depends on weather you are interviewed by a Manager or a Developer Should have some Business knowledge   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

The interview was a quick session from morning to noon one day. There were 3 rounds in all, 2 with the hiring management and 1 with the HR. Not very tough or inquisitive interview as such. Most of the interviewing managers/staff tend to be developers turned into managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult as most of the questions were basic and standard.   View Answer
    They offered a decent hike in the initial offer. I countered with my counter offer. 1 day later, they accepted my counter-offer. HR wasn't very strong in negotiating.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Questions
    Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in May 2010.

Recruitment mostly from consultants.
    2 - 3 rounds may be there ..........

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in September 2012.

Two rounds of intereview. One with the SME and then with the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Get your basics right. Truthfull answers are always appreciated. Give relevant example for every answer that you give. No great surprises.   Answer Question
    1 month

IT Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2013.

very unprofessional!!!
    I got call from a consultancy saying that there are openings in Societe Generale for Technical lead position. Interview date was scheduled. I reached their office on time for interview. After couple of hours first round is done and HR asked me to wait for next round. Waited till 3PM. Then they told me that they do not have interview panel for next round and I can leave for the day. After a month I got call for further rounds with team from their head quarters. Next round is completed. Next day I got call saying that I am selected and HR will contact me for a discussion. Within same week had HR round and I got confirmation from HR that he will send an offer in couple of days. I did follow up for couple of weeks. HR did not send any offer. This is very unfair. Even though HR told me that he will send an offer they did not give me any offer.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership qualities I have which distinguishes me as better lead among others?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tūmkūr
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tūmkūr

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in February 2013.

Very easy to clear the aptitude round.Aptitude consisted of both technical and general aptitudeAfter aptitude GD were taken.and HR

Interview Questions
    • I couldn'y make it to that level because it was my first interview experience and too much nervous.   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Total 4 rounds. 1st written. 2nd and 3rd technical round. 4th HR round.

Interview Questions
    • How do you cope up with lead's estimation of any task.   Answer Question
    Still going on

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!