Southern California Edison

113 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst I Interview

Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2010.

Interview Details Case study and behavioral interviews

Interview Question – Business case study   Answer Question

Automation Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Initial phone interview had really basic questions (Why are you a good fit for this role, describe yourself in 1 word, why are you interested, etc.). Wanted someone who knew AutoCAD, even though the skill wasn't mentioned in the description. Asked a series of "Yes/No" questions after the basic behavioral questions. The lady was nice, but the phone interview could have been better if she emailed me ahead of time, asking for a good time to conduct the interview, rather than calling me unexpectedly during my classes (wasn't able to pick up right away).

Interview Question – Asked if I had experience with leading large teams--which wasn't asked for in the description. Haven't heard back after telling them "no," even though I tried my best to save myself.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Phone interview: Good, friendly people. Asked very relevant questions about how my background fit into the job description. Some behavioral questions. Half of the interview was informative. They can go a bit over the allotted time for an interview. Overall a very pleasant interview. My advice is to understand really well how you satisfy the requirements and what the required job skills are.

Interview Question – No particular question was difficult.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Email and phone from HR. Panel interview, dimensional, about 10 questions.

Interview Question – When you did not agree with business decision, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not lengthy, offered highest pay

Deputy Director Interview

Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2014.

Interview Details Long process, but handled very professionally.

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. They rotated asking questions, and took notes while I gave my answers.

The questions were mostly behavioral in nature, as opposed to discussing my background or resume. I highly recommend that applicants become familiar with the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format of answering interview questions. Come prepared with examples in mind of situations you have faced in your career.

Some of the key questions I remember:

“Tell us about yourself” – This was only opportunity to hit on key aspects of your background, demonstrate knowledge of Edison, why you want the job, why you’re the best candidate, etc.

Safety – There was a question along these lines: “Safety is a big priority for Edison. If you were hired in this position what would you do to ensure a safe working environment.” Be ready to answer this, and to give an example from your background (STAR style).

Multi-Functional Team – Be prepared to give an example of a time when you lead/managed a multi-functional team.

Failure – Be prepared to give an example of a time when you failed at something.

Interview Question – Decision Making – Be prepared to give an example of a time when you had to make a quick decision without having all of the facts.   Answer Question

ITS4 - Information Security Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Phone screening followed by face-to-face behavioral interview

Interview Question – Behavioral Interview questions - The questions are not difficult, they are all scripted, about 6-8 questions, each question comes with sub part.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Nuclear Security Officer Interview

Nuclear Security Officer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2010.

Interview Details If your resume and application are accepted you must then take a written test. If you pass the test you will be asked to go to the firing range and prove you have marksman ship skills with a rifle and pistol. If you pass the range you will be given an interview.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you had to make a decision that was unpopular and what was the result or out come.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ther was no negotiation the wage was set

IT Specialist I Interview

IT Specialist I
Irwindale, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2010.

Interview Details Attended a career event at Cal Poly Pomona and handed the SCE job recruiter my resume. Was contacted about a job a few months later. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager that asked a bunch of informational questions. Had another interview in person with the hiring manager and team member. Asked more informational and behavior questions. Was contacted by HR via phone that I got the job and accepted it. Had to do a drug and background check. Show proof of degrees and current school status. Overall process took a few months.

Interview Questions

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Tulare, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details My first interview was over the phone with a 3 member panel. They asked simple questions such as what kind of experience had I had with Transmission lines and how I have handled working in a diverse group. Follow up interview was in person and was conducted by 2 people who then went into more detailed questions.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was How do I feel about working in a diverse group.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a salary and I asked for more and they were honest and said what was the most they had budgeted for the position.

Technical Specialist Scientist IV Interview

Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2013.

Interview Details You will need to fill out a profile and cover all areas of responsibilities! Each job is posted for a limited time period so note the time limit for applying for each job. Hiring process can be very slow (3 to 4 months before you hear back about the job you applied for.) You will only have one interview and there will be more than one person interviewing you at the same time (2 to 4 usually). It will be a “dimensional interview” so be prepared for that type of interview. They will ask questions like, describe a time when you had to perform a task and you didn’t have enough time to complete the task. What did you do? They most likely will not look at you too much during the interview because they will be busy writing down your response. Pay attention, if they are not writing while you are responding then, you are off track in regards to the question asked.

It most likely is a professional office environment. The dress code depends on location and job. Most people work in a cubical in the office environment. They have a strong safety culture environment which includes IT safety and no tailgating. Most people working there do not have college degrees. When you accept a job you are stuck in that position for 18 months before you can apply for another job without VP written approval. Overall the people are very nice and a pleasure to work with. You will work there because of the people and the compensation.

Interview Question – It will be a “dimensional interview” so be prepared for that type of interview. They will ask questions like, describe a time when you had to perform a task and you didn’t have enough time to complete the task. What did you do? Describe a time when you had to get a job accomplished and you can not reschedule the work and you are told you are not going to receive parts on time for this planned work, What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate salary, signing bonus, and moving expenses.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern California Edison

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison interview questions and advice. All 113 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees and interview candidates.