Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.2

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2013.

Very long process. I applied in November 2013 and was asked to come in for an interview in February 2014. In April I was told they had chosen a different candidate.

Planner Trainee Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions
    • In short, Tell us about your problems.   View Answer

Control Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2014.

It took about a month and a half after the initial phone interview to get the final in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a panel of engineers, (3-4), asking various behavioral questions, like "Give an example of a time that you were wrong in an engineering calculation, and how you went about to correct it", "Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a colleague and what you did to resolve it". After several of these types of questions, there were some position-specific questions to evaluate the interviewee's competency and understanding of the skills and knowledge required. After the interview, it took exactly 1 week to hear back with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alhambra, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in May 2014.

Hiring process took exactly 35 days, from when I applied for the position, all the way to my start date. The background check took one day. Interview process is exactly what other people have advised. It follows a STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), behavioral-based interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very challenging compared to what I am normally used to when it comes to interview questions. However, knowing what others here have advised, I gathered all possible behavioral-based questions on the internet and tailored it to my career experience. Everything I prepared for in advance got asked in the interview, therefore, no surprises (again, depends how determined you are during the preparation process so that you do not encounter any unexpected questions). I do not recall the exact questions but if not most, all of their questions will determine how you approach every situation, what the tasks were, actions you took and the outcome/results.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase is like any other company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Nuclear Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Turned in application, six month wait before I received a phone call for interview. Interview was basically what would you do if? questions. Just remember to always tell your supervisor and follow all company policies and procedures. After interview did a treadmill test for heart stress test. After medical you go to the shooting range to qualify. After the range you get hired over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you made a terrible mistake and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I was told to apply online after career fair in winter, waited 2+ months for a preliminary call, and waited 1 month for call back indicating candidacy. Interview occurred 1 week later with SCE managers on second week of May 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions, followed by technical questions. What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2010.

panel of 2 -3 people with sets of questions about 5-6 pages long. It also involved discussion. Mainly discussion on past experience on company structure, team members, project assignments, budget.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irwindale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison in April 2014.

Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Questions
    • The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!