Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

3.2

New Grad Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was lengthy and rigorous. Luckily, the staff was nice and the office was air conditioned. The questions were not too difficult, there were just a lot of them. Still, not an experience I'd want to go through again.

Interview Questions

• Describe one instance where you took the role of a leader.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

They first start of with a phone interview just behavioral questions then they will ask for a face to face for technical questions. Even in the face to face you will be asked more behavioral questions. Also go over your resume make sure you know it. Doesn't hurt to brush up on it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three people.
    Each asked me questions regarding my resume along with personal experiences.
    Took about an hour for the whole process.
    Asked both technical and STAR-related questions.
    Overall a pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you couldn't meet a deadline and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

There were four people in the panel and the questions were straight to the point and they were very professional. This was a position specifically for substation engineering. If you have done behavior questions in previous interviews this shouldn't be a problem but it is important to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What considerations do you take in adding a new transformer?   1 Answer
    • Compare the double bus/double breaker and the breaker and a half configuration. If you say one is more reliable than the other one. Why? What is the cost difference? What is the operational difference?   Answer Question
    • What's the function of the bus?   Answer Question
    • What steps do you take to convince your manager that your approach is best than his?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

they make a phone confirmation at the first, then they will tell you the time for the facility interview, after that, you will receive the notification about time of onsite interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. There was a panel of 5 interviewers, most of them were managers. Mainly behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They were very interested in my experience working in groups. They also asked bout the classes I had taken and how they would be relevant to this internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict when working in a group and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Panel Interview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

The best way to prepare is to practice the STAR interview model. Give a situation, task, action, results for even question asked. Come prepared to answer a question about each of the job requirements or anything on the description that days demonstrated ability to do this or that. I interviewed with my supervisor and manager when I interviewed.

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Tulare, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The initial contact was from the talent acquistion explaining about the position and confirmation of experience. Then we set a date for the interview but we missed one procedure I live about 5 hours away from the interview place so I ask about lodging before the interview but I could not find HR rep on time to discuss the issue. Finally I find the HR rep and explain the situation and I told them that I will drive before the night and I ask them there recommendation about local place but the recruiter change the in person interview to the phone interview and explained to that if things work out best in the phone interview they will bring me for the final in person interview covering all the costs I ask this is not big deal that I will cover by myself but I learned that Southern California Edison really cares about SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE the recuriter explained it to me it is all about the safety and comfort all the parties involved.
    I really appreciate they way the recruiter explain the situation and about the SAFETY procedure in SCE. I agreed on the phone interview and it went well accordingly.

Interview Questions

• the questions are behavioural and technical   Answer Question
    • 2.on the technical part they ask you to explain about...
      * what is the minimum height to fix a meter
      *what is rule 2,15 and 16
      * what is the difference between DDS and ADS
      Here on the questions I am new comer instead of asking detail question about the procedures on the DDS and other no. oriented questions it will be best to ask general technical and behavioural question for fair recruitment!!!

Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 Person panel Interview, which included 3 pages of interview questions. The total time in the interview was over 45 minutes and I highly recommend bring water because I was completely dehydrated in the interview

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

applied on SCE.com and received a call for in person interview 1 month later. Asked a total of 6 situational questions from a list given by HR. It was a panel interview and questions were easy to answer. Whole process took about 1 hour.