Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.8

Senior Network Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

A recruiter submitted my resume and I was initially told they were not interested. However two weeks later, the hiring manager (HM) wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well and took about 30 minutes. Before the call was over, the HM requested an in person interview for the next day. The next day, I met with the HM and a senior member of the network team. They asked me about my experience as shown on my resume. Also, asked me about my knowledge of different equipment in use as Southwest. I was very honest about my skillset strengths and weaknesses. About an hour after the interview I received a call from the recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. I was very comfortable with my knowledge and limitations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the rate was set prior to the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Communications Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

I applied online, which requires a resume and Why Southwest essay. Then, I was contacted regarding a phone interview. The phone interview lasted more about a half an hour. It was with one person and mostly reviewed my resume to make sure of its authenticity as well as explored my career goals. I made it to the final round, in which they fly you to headquarters, but I was studying abroad and therefore had another phone interview. They warned me that it put me at disadvantage. It was almost an hour and there were about five people listening and asking questions. At this point, there were people representing different internship positions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick your major/why is communications important   Answer Question

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.