Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Airworthiness Directive Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview process went well. Received a call in Mid July to do an in person interview in Dallas TX for the Airworthiness Compliance Internship for Fall 2014. Interview process starts the minute you check in at the airport so be sure to be courteous and friendly to everyone you meet. Flew down on July 25. Flight and hotel arrangements were all taken care of by Southwest and went smoothly. Interview was at 3.45 in the afternoon and lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary. Daniel Riskey from HR and 2 of the AD Compliance managers were the interviewers. This is usually the structure, 1 person from HR and 1 or 2 from the specific department. They asked about things on my resume and to go into more detail about them. Interview was very relaxed and casual. Questions weren't scripted but more in response to what you stated on your resume and personality. Best advice I could say is just relax. I went in pretty nervous and interview felt like it went by really quickly. Calm down, stop, and take a breath if you need to. The interviewers understand and will let you pause and think. Be sure to send thank you notes both to HR and the people who helped setup hotel and flight arrangements. I received a call about 4-5 days following the interview. If you accept be sure to be very detailed with your background check information and have W2's and paystubs available to expedite any verification problems that may arrise.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I dressed as last Halloween to get a sense of my personality   Answer Question
    Be sure you complete your background check information in as detailed as possible. Have W2's or paystubs available in case they have problems verifying.

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

All the interview for outsiders goes through People Department. There were exceptions to the people whom they already know and worked together. For business jobs, interview is more focussed on culture and technical questions for technical jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What are your achievements recently and how it apply to Southwest scenario   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!