Southwest Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Media Specialist Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details Fair and highly professional.

Interview Question – I didn't have one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and real.

Very Difficult Interview

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2013.

Interview Details I submit my application online two months latter they call me and give me a phone interview then one week latter i went to the southwest headquarters to take a skills test after pass the test they fly me to the face to face interview , the interview was really hard because was infront 3 Sw maintenance managers and 1 HR guy

Interview Question – They ask me alot of technical cuestions about the 737 flap system and 717 landing gear   Answer Question

Communications Intern Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2012.

Interview Details The application was pretty simple. I had a phone interview which lasted no more than 15 minutes. Then I was brought for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Which semester was your hardest semester in college and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't negotiable for interns. We get paid hourly.

Customer Representative Interview

Customer Representative
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2010.

Interview Details applied online about 2 weeks later received an email saying respond within 48 hours for a telephone interview. After passing telephone interview you are then set up with a face to face interview, was offered job on the spot pending background and drug test. First day you are flown down to Dallas for 2 days to learn culture of southwest and orientation plus, ID pictures are taken. Fun process you will be very excited! I was at least!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for southwest Airlines   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation Reservations is apart of the IAM union your raises are negotiated already

Senior Manager Advertising Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details Interviewer had decided that I was over qualified for the position

Interview Question – Why apply for the position?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details I completed the online app, received email to conduct phone interview about 2 weeks after I applied, completed phone interview then one week later the face to face. Face to face was with a supervisor and someone from their people department.... 4 days later I was offered the position. I had 48 hrs to complete testing.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Material Stores Intern Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2012.

Interview Details Initial Telephone round for around 20 minutes and the one on one face to face for around 30 minutes and the result will be told in 1 week

Interview Question – Just one in your resume and some behavioral questions like why southwest , why your degree? , most difficult and challenging course   Answer Question

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2012.

Interview Details First phone screen from a recruiter and then face to face interview with the manager and recruiter together

Interview Question – Describe yourself in three words   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship rate is fixed and I guess not negotiable. But once you get into the company you will be amazed by the people and work culture. Best company to work for.

Technical Writer Intern Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview, one-on-one interview

Interview Question – What was your most difficult class and why?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Operations Research Intern Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied for several positions. Sent me emails that I didn't make the cut for all but one. They called to set up phone interview (basic resume questions). Then they called for an in-person interview. Flew out to Dallas, met with recruiter, a manager , and current HR intern. Everything went well; they were all nice.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question