Southwest Airlines

Updated 27 Feb 2015
Updated 27 Feb 2015

2.7

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Airworthiness Directive Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview process went well. Received a call in Mid July to do an in person interview in Dallas TX for the Airworthiness Compliance Internship for Fall 2014. Interview process starts the minute you check in at the airport so be sure to be courteous and friendly to everyone you meet. Flew down on July 25. Flight and hotel arrangements were all taken care of by Southwest and went smoothly. Interview was at 3.45 in the afternoon and lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary. Daniel Riskey from HR and 2 of the AD Compliance managers were the interviewers. This is usually the structure, 1 person from HR and 1 or 2 from the specific department. They asked about things on my resume and to go into more detail about them. Interview was very relaxed and casual. Questions weren't scripted but more in response to what you stated on your resume and personality. Best advice I could say is just relax. I went in pretty nervous and interview felt like it went by really quickly. Calm down, stop, and take a breath if you need to. The interviewers understand and will let you pause and think. Be sure to send thank you notes both to HR and the people who helped setup hotel and flight arrangements. I received a call about 4-5 days following the interview. If you accept be sure to be very detailed with your background check information and have W2's and paystubs available to expedite any verification problems that may arrise.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I dressed as last Halloween to get a sense of my personality   Answer Question
    Be sure you complete your background check information in as detailed as possible. Have W2's or paystubs available in case they have problems verifying.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

After applying online I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. After speaking with a recruiter I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. This whole process took just a few weeks. I was contacted a week after my face to face interview and was told that I was selected to continue on with the application process. It was then that I told them I did not wish to continue because of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a scenario of an unhappy customer and asked to pretend she was the customer and how we would respond to them.   Answer Question

Pay was too low and there were too many union dues associated with the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Submitted resume online, got a call for a phone interview a few months later. Phone interview was very laid back and easy. Asked questions about my previous work experience, as well as why I left former jobs. They sent me on to the next step which was F2F interview. Southwest flies you to your interview and flies you back. Which is a plus in this industry! Interview was easy and laid back. Asked questions about why I want to be a FA, and work for Southwest, etc. Also asked to name a situation in which I had an angry customer and how did I handle it.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging part of working as a Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Sent in resume December 2013 and received an email stating I would receive a call with in 2 a weeks. Received the call 3weeks later and it was the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question was" Tell me about customer service. ". Caught me off guard as there was nothing specific regarding the subject . I was informed that I would receive an email if I would go on to the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

They e-mail you once they get your application to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes and they just ask the basic questions. My phone interview started an hour late so it was also cut shorter because of that. If you make it past the phone interview then you go to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What is your biggest weakness? What is your greatest Strength? Why do you want to work at Southwest?   Answer Question

Material Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Simple, behavioral, resume driven. They asked more about my previous work, project I did, challenges I faced, How can i help them,why southwest airlines. Which skills I have, do i have airline background, from when I can start

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer
    None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.