Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Interview

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online, which requires a resume and Why Southwest essay. Then, I was contacted regarding a phone interview. The phone interview lasted more about a half an hour. It was with one person and mostly reviewed my resume to make sure of its authenticity as well as explored my career goals. I made it to the final round, in which they fly you to headquarters, but I was studying abroad and therefore had another phone interview. They warned me that it put me at disadvantage. It was almost an hour and there were about five people listening and asking questions. At this point, there were people representing different internship positions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major/why is communications important   Answer Question

Corporate Tax Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Horrible. I was the 15th or 16th potential applicant that day. The interviewer was curt and rude towards me. She clearly wasn't having a good day. She spent more time talking at me than to me. The ramp representative that sat in on the interview fell asleep while I was talking. He didn't wake up until his cell phone rang.

They'll take your background info (social security number, address, etc.) knowing they don't plan on hiring you. You have to just trust that they'll destroy your background documentation if you're not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I was told, "I'm the one asking the questions. Please keep quiet until after the initial interview." Despite having airline experience, I knew after that comment, I didn't want the job. I'll remain a loyal customer and let someone else fight over the $10/hr job. It's not worth it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Crew Tracker Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Auditor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by someone from HR for a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of traditional interview questions. Afterwards I was invited to Southwest's headquarters in Dallas for a group interview with four people (a senior manager and 2 project managers from the department for which I was interviewing and the same HR representative who had interviewed me over the phone). Everyone in the group asked me a few questions ranging from traditional ("Why Southwest?") to behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Everyone was extremely friendly and polite throughout the whole process. About a week after my group interview I received an offer pending my passing a background check and drug test.