Southwest Airlines Purchasing Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2012.

1. They send me an email for an updated resume
2. Phone me for a phone interview time
3. Phone interview of about 20 minutes: going through resume, why swa, why this position. 4. On site of 30 min which consisted of HR + 3 managers .
5. They call me to tell me that i was accepted
6. Drug test and background check
The whole interview and acceptance process was within 2 weeks. Everything went to fast . SWA are really friendly and makes the whole process easy for interviewees, you wont feel unwelcome or nervous.

Interview Questions
  • Why SWA. Why this position. Which was the class that you liked most. Which class you like least. What is your experience with SAP. Talk about experience in previous jobs. Ask extracurricular activities.
    Know your resume !
      Answer Question
No need of negotiation. Money is not as important as the experience that one will get. They are a great company to learn from.

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

Phone interview that lasts about 5-7 minutes, very simple straight forward, academic curriculum kind of questions.
    If selected you go to corporate office for an interview with 3 people. Hr, director and manager from the department.
    Lot of behavioral questions on weaknesses, group leadership, ask you for an essay.
    Resume questions, why south west, why purchasing, why should we hire you, what would you be doing in the long term.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, please go after this internship since learning matters more than earning for interns. Great atmosphere, great culture and relaxed parties every week.
    Southwest is the best place to work in my opinion, you do not see companies like SWA in today's picture. Out of 5000 applicants 50 get selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2010.

The hiring process was very straight forward. I got a phone interview first thing in the morning and passed. Basically just a once-over of the resume and any questions SWA had about it. The panel interview was with 2 department heads and an HR rep. We went over behavioral questions and skill questions. Not too hard.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when working in a team wasn't working. How did you overcome this? What was the results.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. This internship regularly has over 10K applicants. If you don't comply they're on to the next one.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!