Southwest Airlines

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Interview Question – Why Southwest over any other Airline?   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Question – From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2013.

Interview Details I put in an app online. about 2 weeks later i got a random phone call. it was a recruiter. she asked me if i was still interested and then asked some basic interview questions. it was kind of a surprise phone interview. (i was at dinner, not expecting that) At the end of the phone interview she scheduled my face to face. i did the F2F with a recruiter and the operations manager of my location (IND). got emailed 4 days later to set up drug test and finger prints. waiting for my start date

Interview Question – Tell us about a chaotic time at your last employer and how you handled it.
Do you know about SW fun-luving culture?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2013.

Interview Details Spoke with a station representative (in my case, the station manager; others spoke with ramp supervisors) and we discussed the position and what it entails. Asked general interview questions.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our LUV family?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none- CBA

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details I completed the online app, received email to conduct phone interview about 2 weeks after I applied, completed phone interview then one week later the face to face. Face to face was with a supervisor and someone from their people department.... 4 days later I was offered the position. I had 48 hrs to complete testing.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2012.

Interview Details applied online, received email to respond by calling a number if interested in the position still. Recruiter called, asked simple questions, explained the position. Told I would get a one on one interview if selected. After seeing some reviews, I won't be receiving a one on one.

Interview Question – what do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2012.

Interview Details I revived the standard e-mail asking me to call the given number, leave a message and that someone would call me back for an interview. I called and left my information on her voice mail. I prepped myself and was on edge for days waiting for the call. One week went by, no call. So I replied to the e-mail (which I was told to do if I had any questions) due to a discrepancy in the e-mail and to ask about how long the average wait was for a phone interview. Another week goes by no call and no e-mail.

Week 3 after my call, I get a message from the phone interview recruiter telling me that she would only be taking calls for a short period of time and that if I would like to discuss the opportunity, I would need to call her back as soon as possible with my name, number and a time when I would be available for an interview.

I called back and gave a 4hr window that I would be available the next day. I sat at home for 4 hours(got in some much needed reading), no call. I called her again the next day and sent another e-mail.

The next week I got a message asking me to call back that day before 5pm. I called 4 times and got her voicemail each time. That was just a few days ago. I'll wait and see what happens next.

Interview Question – Why Southwest?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email asking if I was still interested in the position because they were conducting phone interviews. Had a phone interview a week after

Interview Question – What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Interview Details You will start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple and ask basic's of the job you are applying for. Then will move onto group interview. My interview had 3 people in it. Also pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Describe the most chaotic time at your past employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!