Southwest Airlines

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Question – From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2013.

Interview Details I put in an app online. about 2 weeks later i got a random phone call. it was a recruiter. she asked me if i was still interested and then asked some basic interview questions. it was kind of a surprise phone interview. (i was at dinner, not expecting that) At the end of the phone interview she scheduled my face to face. i did the F2F with a recruiter and the operations manager of my location (IND). got emailed 4 days later to set up drug test and finger prints. waiting for my start date

Interview Question – Tell us about a chaotic time at your last employer and how you handled it.
Do you know about SW fun-luving culture?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2013.

Interview Details Spoke with a station representative (in my case, the station manager; others spoke with ramp supervisors) and we discussed the position and what it entails. Asked general interview questions.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our LUV family?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none- CBA

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details I completed the online app, received email to conduct phone interview about 2 weeks after I applied, completed phone interview then one week later the face to face. Face to face was with a supervisor and someone from their people department.... 4 days later I was offered the position. I had 48 hrs to complete testing.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2012.

Interview Details applied online, received email to respond by calling a number if interested in the position still. Recruiter called, asked simple questions, explained the position. Told I would get a one on one interview if selected. After seeing some reviews, I won't be receiving a one on one.

Interview Question – what do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2012.

Interview Details I revived the standard e-mail asking me to call the given number, leave a message and that someone would call me back for an interview. I called and left my information on her voice mail. I prepped myself and was on edge for days waiting for the call. One week went by, no call. So I replied to the e-mail (which I was told to do if I had any questions) due to a discrepancy in the e-mail and to ask about how long the average wait was for a phone interview. Another week goes by no call and no e-mail.

Week 3 after my call, I get a message from the phone interview recruiter telling me that she would only be taking calls for a short period of time and that if I would like to discuss the opportunity, I would need to call her back as soon as possible with my name, number and a time when I would be available for an interview.

I called back and gave a 4hr window that I would be available the next day. I sat at home for 4 hours(got in some much needed reading), no call. I called her again the next day and sent another e-mail.

The next week I got a message asking me to call back that day before 5pm. I called 4 times and got her voicemail each time. That was just a few days ago. I'll wait and see what happens next.

Interview Question – Why Southwest?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email asking if I was still interested in the position because they were conducting phone interviews. Had a phone interview a week after

Interview Question – What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Interview Details You will start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple and ask basic's of the job you are applying for. Then will move onto group interview. My interview had 3 people in it. Also pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Describe the most chaotic time at your past employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable.

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied via Southwest Web site got a call 2 days later, which consist of an initial phone interview, if they like your response.you get a 1:1 interview
i think the question don't make sense though, most person have no experience.
however i think if you have a back ground in the warehouse industry that's a plus for you

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience in the Airline industry, have you ever work in any warehouse of any kind   View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.