Stagecoach

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Coach Driver Interview

Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stagecoach in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied by post after missing an open day. Got the interview appointment sent next day.

Took about 3 hours. Started with a written arithmetic test (really easy - all addition and subtraction) and Highway code/ PCV perceprion test. I started these then got taken away from them to do a driving assessment.

Assessment was accompanied by two trainers. Pretty straightforward and had no problems with that.

Back to depot to finish what I had started then taken in for a panel interview.

Felt pretty confident, answered what they wanted, was complimented the whole way through - and in the end still didnt get it.

No idea why though have written to find out. Probably because I have long hair (male), even though they can't say that. Only reason I can think of.

Anyhoo, its a dawdle. Advice. Wear a suit (I had dress trousers and open kneck shirt on and much was made about my lack of tie - I had already searched on line and everyone commented on the cleanliness of their assessment vehicles, that was my reason for not going full bhuna with a suit), if you have long hair and are male I wouldn't bother.
They also asked my marital status and if I had kids, this may also have had a negative impact as I know it does in the trucking industry. Up to you how you answer that one.
I was asked basic geography of my region, customer service questions, collision management questions and the usual "why should we employ you" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Insurance question on collision management; "who would you take a witness statement from in the event of a collision"   View Answer
  • You have a bus load of school kids (on a school bus) swearing at you and causing no end of noise on the bus. What do you do.   View Answer
Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stagecoach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stagecoach interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by Stagecoach employees and interview candidates.