Stagecoach

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stagecoach

Candidate Interview Review

Coach Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stagecoach in February 2012.

Applied by post after missing an open day. Got the interview appointment sent next day.

Took about 3 hours. Started with a written arithmetic test (really easy - all addition and subtraction) and Highway code/ PCV perceprion test. I started these then got taken away from them to do a driving assessment.

Assessment was accompanied by two trainers. Pretty straightforward and had no problems with that.

Back to depot to finish what I had started then taken in for a panel interview.

Felt pretty confident, answered what they wanted, was complimented the whole way through - and in the end still didnt get it.

No idea why though have written to find out. Probably because I have long hair (male), even though they can't say that. Only reason I can think of.

Anyhoo, its a dawdle. Advice. Wear a suit (I had dress trousers and open kneck shirt on and much was made about my lack of tie - I had already searched on line and everyone commented on the cleanliness of their assessment vehicles, that was my reason for not going full bhuna with a suit), if you have long hair and are male I wouldn't bother.
    They also asked my marital status and if I had kids, this may also have had a negative impact as I know it does in the trucking industry. Up to you how you answer that one.
    I was asked basic geography of my region, customer service questions, collision management questions and the usual "why should we employ you" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Insurance question on collision management; "who would you take a witness statement from in the event of a collision"   View Answer
    • You have a bus load of school kids (on a school bus) swearing at you and causing no end of noise on the bus. What do you do.   View Answer