Starbucks

Average Difficulty
573 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details Wear what you've seen Starbucks baristas wear to your interview. If you can't comply with the dress code (no tattoos visible/more than two piercings on each ear), don't apply. Be extremely quirky, but educated. Starbucks likes people with high energy.

Interview Question – How long do you plan to stay with Starbucks?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details I had experience in coffee shops, learned the dress code, shirts with collars.....bought the book on CD, listen to it over and over, applied for the job, I had no tattoos, the assistant manager, had tattoos from her finger to her elbow! I no longer go to Starbucks.

Interview Question – Availability is the biggest issue. I said I was avail, 24 X7, including holidays, and I wouldbe happy to work any shift. I did not get a call back......they are looking for reasons NOT to hire you.   View Answers (2)

Ormond Beach, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details I applied online and was called the next day. I then went to the interview a couple days later and had a very nice and laid back talk with the manager. I was called a few days later and was hired.

Barista

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details I submitted an application online via their website to a couple of stores in my area. I called each store to check the status of my application. In two of the stores the hiring manager was never in when I called so I left my name and gave them a chance to call me back. One of the hiring managers finally called me. She did a mini interview over the phone asking about why I want to work for the company, my availability, and was ok with me being a college student. She scheduled the in person interview. I interviewed with her and another manager. They were both very nice which calmed my nerves a bit. They asked 5 STARS format question straight from a packet. The first was tell me about a time when a customer was unsatisfied with you, tell me about a situation when a coworker wasn't following policy, they wanted to know about a situation where I worked with a coworker that was unfriendly or disrespectful, a time where I had to Upsell, and a time where I received constructive criticism when I didn't know I was being criticized. I had previous experience as a barista and I made sure I threw in names of drinks and common incidences that could happen at Starbucks because they're looking for detailed answers. Overall, it was a very easy interview. I received a call back in about one hour extending an offer to work for them. The whole process took about a week and a half.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No pay negotiation

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details To be hired at Starbucks, they generally ask that you interview with two managers from two different stores - one for the location that you are looking to apply to and an additional location. They ask a lot of questions about your experience working in a team and delivering customer service. I was asked several different questions about how I have handled difficult customer situations in my past employment. The criminal background check necessary to start working with this company can take a few weeks.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was good at Tetris. This definitely caught me off-guard. I'm not sure if this is a standard question or my manager was just curious.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my new barista salary, but every review and promotion that I have received since I have been able to negotiate my pay up from the initial offer.

Very Easy Interview

Killeen, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on Monday then called. I keep calling every day until the hiring manger told me she would not be able to check until Friday. I called on Friday and she said to give her a few minuets to look over my application and then she would call me back. she called me back five minuets later and then scheduled me an interview the fallowing Monday.

Interview Question – None. Everything she asked me was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Barista

I applied in-person and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details I hand delivered my resume to the store manager. I was really eager to get the job and super outgoing and friendly. Told the manager I would get there at 3am if I needed to. I ended up working some opening shifts which required me to be there at 4:30am.

Barista

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and about a week later I got a call for them. They asked me to come in. I sat down and the manager asked me if I wanted a drink. It was free but for good measure, I tried to pay, and they didnt let me. They asked me questions about my job experience. Why did I want to work at Starbucks?

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle that situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was my first time I didn't know I could negotiate. Though now, I know you can as long as they really want you and you have awesome availability.

Barista

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied an application online. Was called in maybe 2 days later for an interview. I was there a few minutes early. I was offered a complimentary drink while I waited, as the manager was interviewing someone else. The interview was fairly simple.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call back about 2 days later, asking me to come in for an interview, scheduled 3 days later. On the day of the interview, I was offered a drink from the manager of the store where I was interviewing. I was interviewed by a manager from a different store (they were hiring for several stores in my area). The interview went smoothly, felt more like a conversation than an interrogation (mostly common behavioural interview questions). My interviewer was very enthusiastic about the work culture, the training process, and working at Starbucks in general. However, I was disappointed to find out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you were in disagreement with a colleague/co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • How do you make a decision when you don't have all the necessary information and your supervisor is not present?   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!