Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
1,361 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista Interview

Went to a hiring fair and sat with the store manager; explained my interest in working at stabucks, and all the reasons I liked the company; discussed the environmental aspect of the company as well as the amazing benefits and treatment of its employees, as well as the great products they serve!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation you have faced at a previous job, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

When you first get into the store and tell the barista you're looking for the manager, they offer you a drink. So, I got a coffee and the barista asked me to sit and wait because the store was really busy at that moment. I sat and waited for probably half an hour. The manager called me into the backroom/stockroom/her office? for the interview. She asked basic questions like What is your experience with customer service? Have you ever had a customer who was dissatisfied and what did you do about it? She was reading off a sheet the entire time so I guess they were pre-made questions. The manager was super friendly and the interview was really laid back.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

One initial interview that will be held in the store lobby, if you have ADD, do your best to focus. Should always call and follow up, sometimes managers can be flocked with applications and or busy with other stuff. Normal interview process, simple questions, probably only lasts about 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No, you will not be able to negotiate.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online to a bunch of locations, and I got a callback from one of the Starbucks. I set up a time for an interview, and then I went there that day. I was a little lost, but got there 15 minutes early. They offer you a drink, and I accepted. After about 40 minutes, the manager came out and we started the interview.

We did it inside the store, so it was kind of loud. Sometimes I could barely hear what the manager was saying, but she was super nice.

I brought a resume, and she asked me a question based on what she saw on my resume. Then she asked, "Why Starbucks?"

I practiced and I think I had a pretty good answer, but of course I was nervous.

At the end, she talked about the responsibilities, pay and all that.

I dressed semiformal. Slacks and a collared shirt.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your experience in Nicaragua? (I went there during a summer)   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

You fill out the application online. A store manager calls you in for an interview, and you met with them. If you do well during that interview you will meet with another store manager, or the district manager for that district. In less than two weeks you will hear back from the first manager on whether or not you received the job.

None. One base pay

Applications Developer Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

The process started off with a HR interview for about 30 minutes after which I was called by a member of the team for a technical review. The conversation centered around mutual interest for the position and the company and we spoke about technical expertise needed since the actual responsibilities were a different than what was advertised. After that, I was called in for an in/person interview that lasted about 5-6 rounds. The questions were mostly behavioral in nature. The interview team was extremely cordial and I had a overall feeling of being welcomed.

I waited for a couple of weeks to hear back and found out from the website that the position is no longer active.

Barista Interview

hiring process was fairly simple. submit application and then interview. the lady that interviewed me was very nice and the time that she spent with me was a good overview of the company. overall i liked the interview process

Interview Questions
    • why do you feel that you would be a good fit for the team   Answer Question

Applied a week ago. Got a call and met 2 days later
    Manager told me to order a drink. On the house
    Manager was very formal. Followed a script. Asking many "negative" style questions and asking for examples.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied in person and was called back for an interview a couple of days later. The interview was at one of their locations and once I arrived they offered me a drink. I met with the manager of the location and the questions were pretty basic like "Why do you want to work here?" and "How would you handle a customer in this situation?". The interview went pretty well and he said he would call as soon as they had narrowed it down. A couple days later they called and asked me to go to another location for a second interview. When I got there I was again offered a drink and sat down to wait. I waited a good 45 minutes before the manager came to talk to me and she said it was because she forgot what time my interview was at. The interview was basically the same as the first and I was told they would call in a few days after they made a decision.

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Applications are submitted online. Often people have to call several times to hear back from the store if they have submitted an application. It helps to have a reference or someone you know who already works there, but it is not required. Starbucks does not usually hire people in high school or anyone under 16.