Starbucks

Updated 29 Jan 2015
1,474 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they called a week later to schedule an interview that next day. We had a group interview for 3 locations. Accept the free drink. Asked situation questions like how did you handle it when you failed to give good customer service or something around that. Asked about our meaning of diversity and if it's important. They also want to know what type of person are you. A people person or friendly. Why did you choose Starbucks , what do you know about the company. So do a little research. Especially about diversity in the company. And They asked how much experience with customer service do you have. Got called for a second interview a few days later. The second interview was only ten minutes because the store manager wanted to talk face to face and the interviewer in the group interview asked all her questions. She wanted to know my availability, how I would prioritize customer orders, and how much I know about the drinks. I dressed professional but trendy. Black slacks flowered blouse. Overall it was laid back. The interviews are on the floor with the customers to see how you interact with the environment. The baristas are nice and the store managers are laid back and humorous. Background check takes a good week.
    In general, be yourself, laugh and smile. And eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected questions were the customer service questions for me because I don't have experience in customer service.   View Answer

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was very simple. They ask you questions on your ability to communicate with individuals and how you work well with people. I was apart of an organization and had success with that. Use that to help guide you

How much did you make at your last job?

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Overall, easy interview. What's your favorite thing about coffee? Do you have a favorite Starbucks drink? Name a time where you had a challenged customer and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be prepared to answer questions regarding customer service.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate $0.25 more per hour versus what was offered based on experience and education.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

I walked in and asked to speak to the manager and was told she would be with me shortly, once she came out we sat at a table in the cafe and started the interview, she asked to tell my why I wanted to work at Starbucks, why do I think I would be a good fit etc, then went on to ask a list of questions that starbucks provides for her. She was very ne and the interview was comfortable and quick. She asked me to go home and fill out the online application then let her know when I had completed it, shortly after that she phoned me and offered the job! My tip for the interview is try to be yourself and not be nervous! Try to relax a bit and show them your personality! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who wasn't happy with their order? What would you do to make it better?   Answer Question
    She offered me the job over the phone and asked if I accepted, I said yes.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

The manager was friendly and attentive. She started off by asking to tell het a bit about me and why i wanted to work for starbucks. Afterwards she told me her story and proceeded to posing a series of "situational" questions

Interview Questions
    • "can you tell me about a time you were asked to do something that you didnt want to/couldn't do and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

The initial interview was arranged via a friend who has been working there for almost 3 years. The recruiter/ Store manager asked about my experience and capabilities. Nothing difficult to answer. Typical stuff that big companies are asking such as availability, capability to work under pressure,

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money and they offered the basic until trainning is over.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Two rounds of interviews. First interview was with the general manager of the branch you will be working in. The second was with a general manager of a different branch. Both interviews had little difference. Very basic interview. Process took a week. First

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was asked to walk her through my resume, she was very friendly and explained the hours of availability needed were about 8-4 for my college campus. She emailed me the next day with an answer so the process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to this job that others could not?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Simple in person interview that determines if you will do well in a fast paced environment and work well with others. In addition to evaluating skills necessary for the position, the hiring manager will discretely judge your behaviors to see if you are personable enough to fit the Starbucks culture.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is slightly higher than minimum wage and does not increase much throughout employment unless you get promoted.