Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
1,304 Interview Reviews

2.4

Management Interview

Interview varies on who is interviewing you. There is suppose to be specific questions but again it depends on who is interviewing you. The interviews are held based on how they specifically run it in that market/district. You can be interviewed by the hiring manager or by several managers. Again, it depends on how they specifically would like to do it.

Interview Questions
    • Questions again vary but for the most part they are behavior questions   Answer Question

Barista Interview

it was a very easy interview process. Got a free drink, sat down, talked and I got the job not long after. Overall the culture the interview was very similar to the culture of Starbucks

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Several rounds, multiple days and panels. All participants were very welcoming and easy to converse with. The panel consisted of 3 people and individuals were usually the final levels of approval.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Apply online, get locked in by a manager. Sit down interview with the manager. Series of questions about your experience and what kind of job environment you are looking for. Pretty simple process, you could be handed a job by a manager being desperate or be turned down for the job based on how much the manager thinks you are qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem being told to complete a task by your superior?   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starbucks.

Initial phone screen with HR followed by a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager (your future boss). On-site interview consisted of 6 back-to-back 30-45 minute interviews with immediate team and cross-functional team members (in 1s and 2s). Hiring was largely focused on creating a match to the role based on your experience. Some behavioral questions, but more focus on a conversation / good cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult person you ever managed.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation on base salary. There was some potential to increase the bonus offer. If you are from out of state, you may look to negotiate relocation assistance (which you may need to pay back after 1-2 years).

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

I dropped my application off to a barista behind the counter, and got a call to schedule an interview a few days after! I felt very comfortable talking to the barista to whom I dropped my application off to, and also felt very welcomed when I walked into my interview later on that week! A shift supervisor interviewed me, and I got hired soon after!

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of situational/ response type of questions, but I always find that honesty is the best policy!   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Starbucks.

Everything was great. I was given a behavioral interview and hired within a couple of days. Shortly after my interview, I was introduced to everyone, and was on the floor shortly after hiring.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you were new at a job, and what did you do to break the ice with your co-workers?   View Answer

Assistant Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Send the application through email, received a call in a week for interview, then interview with the HR on the following week.

The interview was fine, asking about job experience, and other personal informations, friendly HR personnel. Everything went smoothly as hoped.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that is difficult to answer during the questioon, mostly the interview is about my past jobs and my expected job to be.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Received a call about a week or two after I first applied. Short phone interview, just asked about my availability, nothing complicated it was more like a casual conversation. Scheduled a face to face interview at the location, was offered a drink while I waited. She explained the benefits and dress code, as well as what I would be doing if I got the job. Pretty simple, I wasn't really asked many questions, it was mostly just her talking. She was very friendly and the interview itself was very casual. At the end she said she would call within the next couple of days with an answer.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks.

1st interview was with store manager. 2nd interview was with district manager. 2nd was slightly challenging, and she kept a poker face so I had no clue they were going to offer me employment.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked in 2nd interview How much money did your former coffeeshop bring in on a single day?   View Answer
    They told me my pay at orientation, there was no negotiation

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!