Starbucks

Updated 14 Dec 2014
1,413 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Application done online. Knowing someone that already works at Starbucks who can put in a good word for you helps a lot though. First they will do a phone screening to see if you sound professional. After you pass the phone screening they will invite you to the store for which you are interviewing for. You walk up and say that you are there for an interview. Whoever is in cafe will notify their manager and offer you a free drink of your choice. The interview is fairly relaxed with a lot of questions about customer situations. Basically they are trying to decide if you are someone who will take care of their customers. Passion for the company is a big plus. You will get asked why you want to work for Starbucks and what you know about the company.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

It was great, they ask you about you and what is your proudest moment. Then they proceed to switch interviewers with a new line of questions. Like What other jobs have you had and what have you gain from them? Do you see on a long term with starbucks?

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

In my case I had a referral, which really helps. Applied online, got a call a day or two later to set up an interview. Interviewed about 4 days later. Interview was very casual, hardly an interview at all. Just a conversation about experience, how many hours I hoped to get, that kind of thing. Manager was very personable and friendly. Didn't hear anything for a little over a week, so followed up, and got the job the next day. All in all, if you know someone at the store you want to work at, and most importantly if you follow up, (give it a week or so) you will get the job. Background check, no drug test. All in all easy process.

No negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview process included phone interview, face to face interview with 3 managers, and a coffee connection. Each interview lasted about an hour. Remember that this is a coffee business, if offered a drink take the drink.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

When going through the hiring process I had one phone interview, I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. The first in person interview was with the manager of the store I started out at, I then also had more more interview with a different manager at a different location.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the most difficult question that I had since my interview was now awhile ago, but if you ever are asked a difficult question just remember to breathe. You can ask the person interviewing you to repeat the question and/or you can also say you are not sure and need a moment to think.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Apply online, follow up call, interview, back ground check, orientation! It is pretty easy to get ahold of the store manager and if that specific store isn't hiring they will let you know what stores are hiring. Also, you can apply to start as a shift leader as opposed to barista but I do NOT recommend it because learning and training to become a barista is hard enough as is and shifts usually have a very hard time learning how to be good at their job if they haven't previously worked as a barista

Interview Questions
    • Whats your favorite coffee beverage, What kind of leader are you, Can you prioritize and make important decisions quickly   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

I was hired 5 years ago and it was different then. But what I see now is you apply online and then try and talk to the manager and see how it goes from there

Was none

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted an online application through the company's website. I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted an initial, simple phone screen. I was notified that the recruiter would set up a phone interview with 2 members of the plant staff. About a week later, I completed a phone interview and was notified the same day that I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. A date was scheduled for one week later. I transported myself to the interview location. A panel interview was conducted with members of the plant staff and quality assurance team. I was notified the day following the interview with an offer for the position. I did not negotiate; I was very pleased with the salary package presented.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time that you were faced with competing priorities such as a two customers in need of service. Explain how you handled the situation.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate; salary package was to my liking

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

This was my fourth time submitting my application to this Starbucks, making it about two years since I was trying to get a position at this Starbucks. I called the manager and asked them to consider me for the position, as I had an open schedule, I wanted full-time, and I was willing and ready to work. They said they would get back to me on Monday. A few days later (Friday), they e-mailed me asking to participate in a group interview. So I obliged.

I had prepared for this interview by looking at questions online. Online, there were a lot of questions like, "Tell me about a negative customer service experience you had and how you fixed it." Or when you had a negative experience with a co-worker and how you fixed it. Then they were supposed to offer you a drink, which I think you are supposed to take.

I had a group interview with four other fantastic individuals, where some had experience advantage with Starbucks and others had better stories than me. During this interview, they focused on behavioral questions. They didn't ask how you fixed your problems, though. They simply asked you questions like, "Tell me about a negative experience you had with a customer." "Tell me about a negative experience you had with a co-worker." I wasn't really sure if they wanted a happy ending, or a problem where I just couldn't help the customer, despite everything. I experimented by telling them I had a bad experience with a co-worker, but we worked through it, and also by disappointing a customer because the item they wanted as out-of-stock (at a previous job) and there was no way that I could help them. They also did not offer drinks at this interview, so I bought my own.

About fifteen minutes later, I got an e-mail saying that we will not move forward with the interview. I was also shocked that, while they emphasized customer relations and calling their employees "partners", I would at least get a e-mail saying "Dear (my name)..." Nope! It was "Dear applicant..." I don't know if it was automated or not. I guess if it were me, I wouldn't make it so impersonal if you had just met these people, talked with them for 45 minutes, and then called them "applicant." The manager seemed "cold," so I'm not sure I will go back to that particular Starbucks for my business.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you held a co-worker accountable for their actions.   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

Well I called around and this specific Starbucks was hiring. He looked my application up online ( I submitted it before I called) and told me that my age was iffy (I'm 16) but come down for an interview tomorrow. I came for an interview and I told a fellow Barista that I'm here to speak to the manager. They made me a drink of my choice for free and I sat down waiting for the manager. It took maybe 20 minutes for him to come out and I got there about 7 minutes early. He asked some questions and then told me I was a perfect fit for Starbucks and I carried myself well. This was my first interview of my life but then he told me that it would take time to train me. Time that he doesn't have. So I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you failed and had to fix your mistake.   Answer Question