State Farm

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.7

Mortgage Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Farm.

Starter test through email, if passed an interview is scheduled. After interview, its about a month before you will hear something. There weren't any difficult questions. It was mostly relevant to scenarios and how it related to a possible job.

Interview Questions
    • If confronted with an irate customer, how would you respond?   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Insurance and Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Farm.

Very friendly and welcoming. I was promised training and they were actually happy that I had little experience so they can train me the way they want. I had a telephone interview, an essay I had to complete, then finally a face to fave interview.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated pay. They were accepting.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview with recruiter, then recruiter and hiring manager, then in-person. The recruiter interview is more just a chronological overview, whereas the hiring manager one is a S.T.A.R (look it up) based interview. Just create a bank of things you've done and practice talking through them. They seemed really nice, genuine, and easy to work with.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Submitted application and probably two weeks for an email to take 2 assessments. Afterwards maybe a month or two later, they call you to do a over the phone interview and most likely offer employment.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, the interview was very brief. If you have previous call center experience the questions are very relatable.   Answer Question
    There was negotiation involved. They offer base salary.

Reviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

The whole process was really slow and long. I applied in July. I had a phone interview in late July. Interview with management in August. I didn't find out that I didn't get job until the end of October.

Bank Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Got a call 2 days before to come in for an interview. Had an interview with 2 hiring managers and then had a peer interview with 2 potential co-workers right after. Each interview was about 45 min. The second interview was more like a conversation. They told me more about the position and each asked one question.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, general behavior questions such as what qualities are you looking for in a supervisor, what accomplishment are you most proud of, and how did you handle an unethical situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in November 2014.

was referred by my sister who is currently works @SF. applied for 3 positions (customer service rep, claims ilr, & claims express).
    11/20/14: applied online thru SF careers site.
    11/21/14: received email with pre-employment test instructions. took tests same day. 3 tests, typing, data entry/call center, & behavioral.
    11/25/14: received email to chose day and time for 45 minute phone interview.
    12/01/14: phone interview set for 1pm they called @1:05. nice lady from IL went over position details then began questioning. be prepared with SPECIFIC examples. she asked for me to specify a few times. it was difficult but i got thru it by bullshitting. fingers crossed! she said they'd be deciding anywhere from a few days to 2weeks. call ended @1:35! i pray i get it! good luck everyone

Interview Questions
    • tell me about yourself, your career, and schooling   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had a difficult customer that you werent able to make happy and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • tell me a time when your coworkers were not getting along and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • tell me a time that you had a great customer service experience   Answer Question
    • have you ever been involuntarily terminated from a position   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and were able to help them turn it into a positive experience   Answer Question
    set @ 25,000/yr... about 12 an hour. no negotiating

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Farm.

Easy going interview with two interviewees. Questions were mostly behavioral. Not very hard ones, but easy ones to understand you. They were very engaging to talk to, so the whole process felt great. Follow up is important.

Underwriter - Fire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in November 2014.

Applied one day, received an email from a recruiter a day or two later. Took an online skills assessment, and then received an email a week or two later from the same recruiter about setting up an interview with my would-be boss.

Interview consisted entirely of behavioral questions, which you will either dominate or struggle to come up with an answer to. My suggestion is to create a nice long list of questions and study your answers beforehand.

Didn't hear back for about 3 weeks. Got an email saying I had not been selected for the position.

Recruiter responded promptly to any questions I had about the process.

Total timeline from application to decision was about 9 weeks: 2nd week of October to 2nd week of December for a position that would start mid-January.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when...How did you deal with this...etc etc   Answer Question

IT/Systems Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Met them at a campus job fair and scheduled an interview for the next morning. Was interviewed by 2 systems employees, with many technical questions with a few behaviorals thrown in. All-in-all, it was great, I was never even in the same room as an HR person. The turnaround was very quick, which is why I accepted, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Interview Questions
    • They listed off around 20 different technologies and I was to quantify my familiarity with them. I knew about like 2 of them.   Answer Question