State Farm

493 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Event Manager Interview

DuPont, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Interview Details Communications were very good regarding Interview/Time Expectation.

Licensed Property and Casualty; Life and Health Producer Interview

North Platte, NE (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2010.

Interview Details Hiring is a two part process with an aptitude test, and a situational question interview.

Interview Question – Tell of a time when you didn't work well with a team and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Hendersonville, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview was smooth and free of the usual "tell me about a time when.." kinds of questions. The agent focused squarely on the business and the role to be played. The information sought was intuitive yet the questions or statements leading into the conversation was unique to the agent's business model. I learned quite a bit from the interview and am blessed to have had the opportunity to sit for the CSR role.

P&C Claim Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details conference call interview with 3 HR after 2 computer tests online. Two of the 3 HR didn't make any common. Just one HR kept talking..

Interview Question – keep asking example with overlap behavior questions which mean one example can cover couple questions but they will ask separately for more examples.   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Interview Details Went into local office, and asked for job. Local agent was extremely supportive and payed for the licensing. Interview process was two in office meetings. Normal questions about past, and where you want to be in the future.

Interview Question – none. State Farm does want to promote new hires to agents after a few years, so I would bring up being an agent to your employer. The current agent gets a referral commission for new agents, so it is in both your best interests.   Answer Question

Claims Associate- ILR Interview

Tacoma, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial application submitted, then contacted to complete a competancy test (Basic data entry and typing speeds). Contacted after to let me know I had passed the test, and was then called to do a phone interview. The entire process took about 3 weeks. Training started about 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most of the questions for the interview were basic "When was a time when you [blank]" or "Explain a time you had to work as a team to complete a task and how did it go?" kind of questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details I had one HR interview and one on-site interview at State Farm HQ with the hiring manager. The HR round was about my work experience and I was asked some generic questions such as why I was looking for a new opportunity etc.

The on-site technical interview was a breeze. All the questions were based on my previous experience and was asked to talked through some of the projects I worked on.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can remember. All questions were easy and straightforward. No tricky questions.   Answer Question

CRC- Customer Reponse Center Interview

Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online March 25
Returned Disclosure Agreement March 26
Completed Assessment March 27
Received Competitive Screening Result March 31st, due to it being done over the weekend
Received Phone Interview April 3
Received Offer Same Day

Interview Question – Usual STAR behavioral question, Nothing off putting   Answer Question

Team Staff Interview

Boulder, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in January 2011.

Interview Details I was initially introduced to my agent by a friend of mine and she needed some help with administrative work. I came to the office and we had a relaxed interview where she asked about myself and my past experience.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Training Interview

Richardson, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in September 2013.

Interview Details I had two telephone interviews, one conference call with two recruiters and a face-to-face.

Interview Question – Too many pauses between the two members of management or repetitive questions due to one being in AZ and one TX.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm interview questions and advice. All 493 interview reviews are posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.