State Street

Getting the Interview

59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Interview Details Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

Interview Question – Would you care for a bottle of water?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details very easy going. just like a chat. asked for knowledge on state street. and some easy competenciy questions .

Interview Question – descrbe a time where you showed attention to detail?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in October 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The person with whom I was interviewing never showed up. After waiting 40 minutes two kids from the department came and told me a little about the job but didn't ask any questions. I was then called to schedule another interview with a different department and was interviewed by some clown who read a list of questions off a sheet. HR called the next day to schedule a third interview but I declined after finding out that the non-negotiable salary was 32,000 a year and was not eligible for any bonuses or incentives.

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in December 2010.

Interview Details Go to State Street website and apply for the position online. All of the interview questions were behavioral related. You will be giving a phone interview if you do not live the area. A face to face interview comes next. After that, it takes about a week.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question or unexpected question.   View Answer

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details 2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam

Interview Question – what are you   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details The hiring process went pretty smoothly for me. I applied online for a few jobs and received a phone call a few weeks later setting up a phone interview the following week. I took the interview, mostly rating yourself on MS applications and things, and took a panel interview a week later. The panel interview was long (4 hours), but not too bad. I think they have since changed the process to be a phone interview and a two-on-one interveiw shortly after.

Interview Question – They had asked me to define a NAV (Net Asset Value) and variance and a few financial questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was involved.

Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Phone call form Talent Aquisition 4 months after online application. Next day is an easy math/English test. Third day you have results and invitation to an interview with managers and TA. Standard HR questions (what's your biggest achievement etc.) and some financial knowledge questions.
Everything seemed to be a bit chaotic.
Recruiters behaved proffesional.

Interview Question – Uncomfortable HR questions.   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in September 2009.

Interview Details They gave me an Iq test before I got the interview. The interview was easy, they just wanted to see if I had the math and English skills needed. They person interviewing me was not my manager, but an HR rep. At the time (2006) there was a need for employees. Not the case anymore.

Interview Question – The interview kept asking me to describe my high school math classes despite the fact I told him I passed college level calculus. I think he wanted to see if I could handle someone being intentionally difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave It.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Applied online on their website. Had one 30 minute interview with HR. At the end of the phone interview was asked immediately if I wanted to go to an open house they were having. The open house consisted of a 30 minute brief overview of the company, then two 2 on 1 interviews (2 hiring managers and me). Technical questions they asked were given beforehand in email to study (What is mutual fund, NAV, difference between stock and bond). Mainly behavioral questions, focus on studying these, if you look through the other reviews, most of the questions are on glassdoor. In the end was asked to rate myself 1 to 5 on leadership, excel, and other things.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem?
Name a situation where you failed.
Tell me a time you had to present data that people relied on?
Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it?
Describe a time when you had to work with someone who created an uncomfortable work environment?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay, no negotiation.

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details The process consisted of a brief interview over the phone with the HR. Then they will schedule you to come in to have interview in person. Be prepared to answer a lot of behavior questions and be as thorough as possible. Many questions regarding how you perform within a group.

Interview Question – Just make sure that you study your materials and be prepared to answer behavior questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street Fund Accountant interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.