State Street Interview Questions

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2014.

First they will take aptitude test, then you have to wait for 1 hour for aptitude test result,
    next will be HR ROUND & FINALLY TECHNICAL ROUND. BUT IT WILL TAKE FULL DAY.

SALARY OFFERED WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Leadership related questions, management and fund accounting based questions

Interview Questions
    • how to sort out a theft within organization   View Answer
    boundaries defined

Senior Associate Interview

If we talk about Hiring,Its very poor.Work lode is depend upon the process some have to work more than 13 hours. Bonus needs to increase if they are not giving any night allowance

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions
    • Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?
        Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

2 Interviews. Met with employees. Took a quiz. Was interesting. Met with recruiter. Advised that I go in. Office space could be better.

Mutual Fund Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street.

Entry level positions are usually one interview with a couple people. Promotions are mostly within and with one or more managers. Interview questions are mostly standard for entry levels and varies for more senior positions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and people skill questions are most difficult   Answer Question

Client Services Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quincy, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in June 2014.

I only went on one interview that was set up by my recruiter. It was a fairly simple process. I got a slight tour of the building at first and then we sat in the conference room on the floor that the hiring manager worked on. We had a little small talk and then went over my resume and what the job I was applying for entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you worked on.   View Answer

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2012.

Went for one interview with two interviewers, behavior questions based, got a call back several weeks later and got hired. There was not much room for negotiation in terms of salary but I did get more sign on bonus in the end.

Interview Questions
    There was not much room to negotiate. I did get more sign on bonus but was not able to increase the salary.

SSGM Officer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Applied online was contacted two weeks later by State Street's HR department. Quick phone call, mostly informational about the position and discussion of my compensation expectations.

Next week went into State Streets office to interview with the VP and and AVP in the group for one hour. Standard discussion of my resume and interests.

Offer extended the next week. Came in somewhat low, they came back the next week with a higher offer but was still lower than what I was offered at another company I interviewed with during the same period.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my experience and handling different difficult situations that can occur when managing various stakeholders on one project   View Answer

Initial offer was low, was able to negotiate for an addtional $5k but still came in under what another company offered where the work was also more interesting

Fund Analyst Interview

I had a first experience with State street a few weeks ago. The experience was very good and they were very friendly. I am still waiting for the last decision. The questions were very simple and if you are prepared you will not have any problem. The questions were about my academic background and working experience. With regards to financial questions they just asked me to give some definitions for financial products. On the other hand, you need to be prepared for the situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • As it has been mentioned, the technical questions were not so demanding and if you have basic knowledge, everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!