State Street

Updated 22 Jan 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in August 2014.

First they will take aptitude test, then you have to wait for 1 hour for aptitude test result,
    next will be HR ROUND & FINALLY TECHNICAL ROUND. BUT IT WILL TAKE FULL DAY.

SALARY OFFERED WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK

Senior Associate Interview

If we talk about Hiring,Its very poor.Work lode is depend upon the process some have to work more than 13 hours. Bonus needs to increase if they are not giving any night allowance

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Leadership related questions, management and fund accounting based questions

Interview Questions
    • how to sort out a theft within organization   View Answer
    boundaries defined

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Consisted of interview with two VPs who asked general questions about the firm and markets. The interviewers both had a good sense of humor and cared for what I had to say. Definitely a pleasant and engaging experience.

PDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

Two 30 minute phone interviews about my background, interest in the company and the professional development program, past experiences.

one super day consisting of two 20 min interviews and a 20 minute presentation on a topic shared 36 hours in advance.

Interview Questions
    • no techincal questions, However I had to portray knowledge of the company and industry, as well as the qualifications for the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Street.

I was contacted by a recruiter after filling out an online application. Wąs asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, standard questions about previous work and school. After the phone interview I was contacted to come in for a in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 associates from the department that was adding an intern to there team. Standard questions once again but more in depth, more questions about school work than anything.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time in class were you didn't perform your best and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, rate was set

Client Operations Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street.

HR recruiter contacted me via phone about my interests in the company. I gave her my preferences for open positions, and she told me she would call back the next day to schedule an appointment for both positions. She got back to me a week later (meanwhile, three other HR recruiters contacted me individually, not realizing I already had an HR recruiter handling my application). After about almost a month of phone calls and emails here and there, I finally went in for an interview. Interview itself was easy - generic behavioral questions and a few technical questions about mutual funds. HR recruiter gave me the wrong start time for my first day at work, as well as the wrong start time for my first day of official training. Apparently, this same recruiter made the same mistake with another employee that came in before me. Bottomline: HR recruiter made this process more arduous and stressful than needed.

Non-negotiable. Entry-level pay is terrible, but I took it for the experience.

Custody and Fund Account Department ( Associate I) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

I did 4 Interviews at State Street for an Associate I position. 2 Interviews by phone with an Talent Acquisition Specialist, we talked about State Street and what they do and why do you want work there. Other 2 interviews were face to face(One with a head of HR department and one with a 2 Managers). The last one interview was more technical(Derivative, Fund Account, Financial Instruments), How work under stress with deadlines.

Interview Questions
    • It was been a normal Interview and the Managers were very friendly   Answer Question
    Impossible negotiate but the salary is attractive like the other big banks.

University Relations Recruiter (EMEA) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street in January 2015.

Initially, I was contacted by e-mail to express my availability for a phone interview. But, they didn't call me so I sent an e-mail to the recruiter to confirm the scheduled interview. Again, I received no answer at that time. After one week, they wrote an e-mail saying that I was not selected for the interview. I don't understand why they made contact with me to schedule an interview if they believe that I am not qualified for it. I am disappointed with this company and I won't apply again.

Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interviewing manager was very professional and charismatic. Asked about my current position and provided a detailed understanding of the role they were looking to fill. The interviewing manager had a clear understanding of what the role that needed to be filled required from their candidate. I walked away thinking that if I made the transition, I would not be disappointed.