State Street

Updated 18 Nov 2014

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in August 2014.

First they will take aptitude test, then you have to wait for 1 hour for aptitude test result,
    next will be HR ROUND & FINALLY TECHNICAL ROUND. BUT IT WILL TAKE FULL DAY.

SALARY OFFERED WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK

Senior Associate Interview

If we talk about Hiring,Its very poor.Work lode is depend upon the process some have to work more than 13 hours. Bonus needs to increase if they are not giving any night allowance

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Leadership related questions, management and fund accounting based questions

Interview Questions
    • how to sort out a theft within organization   View Answer
    boundaries defined

Accounting Specialist Interview

My phone interview went really great, which landed me a second face to face interview. The face to face interview went awesome as well. They welcomed me with coffee and made me feel very comfortable as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a fellow co-worker/classmate?   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Initiated by phone call after submitting resume followed by an interview with a minimum of 2 managers depending on the position. Process was friendly and not intimidating. Questions were pretty basic centered on problem solving and computer literacy (Excel knowledge is a big plus!)

Interview Questions
    • Describe in depth one difficult business related problem or project you encountered in a past experiences and how you overcame it.   View Answer

Assistant VO Interview

It was fine interview for current position was a formality as I knew the hiring manager. I've found the process to be very standardized in the past with a generic form to follow when interviewing new hires.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interviews at State Street are behavioral. If you got the interview, congrats you meet the requirements. At this point, its to see if you fit the mold of the group.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 minutes to dig a 10 foot deep hole, how do you proceed?   View Answer

Another position, more money.

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Applied through on campus recruiting program and had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. Interview process wen pretty smoothly overall. There were no technical questions and the interviewer was really friendly and encouraged to stay in touch

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions for example, 'Tell me about how you transitioned to college life."   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Interview process was one initial phone call by the in house HR person followed up by an in person interview where I talked to 4 people total on two different teams. Basically just talked about my experience and they talked about the day to day job. Pretty straight forward. The interviewers were at the officer and AVP levels as I found out after. They asked if I knew certain Excel functions like VLOOKUP and stuff like that (a majority of the job is Excel and macro troubleshooting).

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult or unexpected questions. 90% of the questions I received were similar to "Tell me a time when..." style.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Investment Accountant Interview

interviewed at State Street in November 2014.

Phone interview and then asked to come in for an in person interview. for the first half hour its supposed to be with HR and then three managers
    had a phone screening. they asked 3 questions
    1) why do you want to work at state street and why as an investment accountant
    2) how good are you with excel
    3) has anyone reached out to you in regards to this position

Interview Questions
    • 1) why do you want to work at state street and why as an investment accountant
      2) how good are you with excel