State Street

Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in August 2014.

First they will take aptitude test, then you have to wait for 1 hour for aptitude test result,
    next will be HR ROUND & FINALLY TECHNICAL ROUND. BUT IT WILL TAKE FULL DAY.

SALARY OFFERED WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK

Senior Associate Interview

If we talk about Hiring,Its very poor.Work lode is depend upon the process some have to work more than 13 hours. Bonus needs to increase if they are not giving any night allowance

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Leadership related questions, management and fund accounting based questions

Interview Questions
    • how to sort out a theft within organization   View Answer
    boundaries defined

Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Only on campus interviews, was given the job a few days later. They interviewed about 10 students for the position. All behavioral questions so very easy to prepare for. There were two HR reps who interviewed me so I was not able to talk with someone who would be working in my area.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the last time you were told that you had effective communication   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Fund Accountant I Interview

They called me pretty quickly after i applied online. the recruiters were very helpful in establishing contact with specific teams or groups who were interested with me. The questions were read from a sheet that seemed very generic. As long as you talk about being a good teammate and a good co-worker, should get you into a good spot. The process was really good as I met with different teams all on the same day so multiple groups could meet with me instead of me coming in different day and times to meet them.

No negotiations

JFA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

There was a phone screen interview as well as an on site interview at the Sacramento location. I applied through my University's resource page and was contacted a few weeks after submitting the application. The interview was not bad. As long as you know basic accounting functions and are proficient with microsoft suite applications, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to know what they refer to in the job description   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Professional Development Process Interview

Slow-moving Interview process.
    First round interview was an on-campus interview with a human resources representative. Behavioral questions.
    Second interview was onsite with team-specific representatives. Case interview and additional behavioral questions.

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Info Session and Networking event that was a waste of time honestly. Met with a few managers who you most likely would not even be working for. Overall they just wanted to make sure you were able to speak and look like a professional. Then went back for a 2v1 interview where I answered basic questions and got an offer a week later

Low Salary

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Went to a State Street sponsored career info session. Left my application there after the session ended and was contacted for an interview. The interview process was very simple and easy, very basic questions like why you want to work here as this was an entry level position.

Clients Operations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

It was mostly behavioural questions.. Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for an employee? What makes you suitable for this position? If you are prepared it should be easy for you then.

Interview Questions
    • What is accrual revenues and what is a bondbond amortization?   Answer Question