State Street Interview Questions

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2014.

First they will take aptitude test, then you have to wait for 1 hour for aptitude test result,
    next will be HR ROUND & FINALLY TECHNICAL ROUND. BUT IT WILL TAKE FULL DAY.

SALARY OFFERED WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK

Senior Associate Interview

If we talk about Hiring,Its very poor.Work lode is depend upon the process some have to work more than 13 hours. Bonus needs to increase if they are not giving any night allowance

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in March 2012.

Leadership related questions, management and fund accounting based questions

Interview Questions
    • how to sort out a theft within organization   View Answer
    boundaries defined

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street.

Started with a phone interview with HR. Very basic questions - what is a mutual fund? What do you know about State Street?
    Second interview was with group Vice President and group officer. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you think and problem solve.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard - nothing off the wall. The interview process was designed to get a feel for your personality and problem solving methodology.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. They stated that the company does not negotiate, but with the help of this site, I was able to get a bump in pay after stating positive attributes. I thought over the original offer and didn't accept immediately.

Officer Interview

Most interviews at State Street are pretty short and painless. You will have to meet with two people in the room. One person will most likely be more senior than the other and lead the dicusssion. There is a set list of standard HR questions that are supposed to be asked, but most interviewers have their own set of targeted questions to ask based on the group they are in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an idea you came up with to improve a process in your current job [or at college]. How did you identify the need to improve? What approach did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions
    • Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?
        Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions
    • I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Mutual Fund Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street.

Entry level positions are usually one interview with a couple people. Promotions are mostly within and with one or more managers. Interview questions are mostly standard for entry levels and varies for more senior positions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and people skill questions are most difficult   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

I had a first experience with State street a few weeks ago. The experience was very good and they were very friendly. I am still waiting for the last decision. The questions were very simple and if you are prepared you will not have any problem. The questions were about my academic background and working experience. With regards to financial questions they just asked me to give some definitions for financial products. On the other hand, you need to be prepared for the situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • As it has been mentioned, the technical questions were not so demanding and if you have basic knowledge, everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!