Steven Madden

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Planning Director Interview

Planning Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details Initial contact via in-house recruiter. Came in to interview with recruiter and hiring manager (VP). Came in a second time to meet with another VP and hiring manager again. Process was professional and pleasant

Designer Interview

Designer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details Met with the head designer. She was very nice. Thought I had it in the bag but they ended up choosing someone else. It was a good interview experience.

Interview Question – What is my current salary?   Answer Question

Informational Interview Interview

Informational Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details I was contacted through a connection for an informative interview. She told me at the end of the interview that there were no positions open (this should have been mentioned over email before flying in for the interview). The interview was not personal, she used a scripted question and answer sheet.

Interview Question – Strengths/Weakenesses?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied on-line (process was pretty confusing); Received phone call next day; Quick, rather relaxed interview - felt very comfortable; offered job following week. I had shopped with interviewer and was recruited during a very pleasant shopping experience.

Interview Question – No issue - relatively relaxed questions   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Boulder, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Interview Question – What can you do to better this store?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden in June 2011.

Interview Details 3 interviews, basic questions, know how to sell

Interview Question – what drives you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. base plus commission

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details I had two interview one with the area manager and another with the manager of the store. Both interview lasted about 30-45 mins. In the interview I told more about my work history when asked question about my previous job positions. Went into depth on why I would like to work for the company. Talk much about customer due to dealing in that field.

Interview Question – How to handle a customer that isn't loooking for a shoe?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took about an entire day. I still didn't get the hourly rate I would have like.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details A few generic questioning in regards to why you chose the company, skills as a mananger, strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a low rate and tried to make it sound amazing because of the commission

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details Good

Interview Question – What are your strengths   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steven Madden

Worked for Steven Madden? Contribute to the Community!