Steven Madden

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied on-line (process was pretty confusing); Received phone call next day; Quick, rather relaxed interview - felt very comfortable; offered job following week. I had shopped with interviewer and was recruited during a very pleasant shopping experience.

Interview Question – No issue - relatively relaxed questions   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Boulder, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Interview Question – What can you do to better this store?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden in June 2011.

Interview Details 3 interviews, basic questions, know how to sell

Interview Question – what drives you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. base plus commission

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details I had two interview one with the area manager and another with the manager of the store. Both interview lasted about 30-45 mins. In the interview I told more about my work history when asked question about my previous job positions. Went into depth on why I would like to work for the company. Talk much about customer due to dealing in that field.

Interview Question – How to handle a customer that isn't loooking for a shoe?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took about an entire day. I still didn't get the hourly rate I would have like.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details A few generic questioning in regards to why you chose the company, skills as a mananger, strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a low rate and tried to make it sound amazing because of the commission

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details Good

Interview Question – What are your strengths   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor
New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at Steven Madden

Interview Details we only hire through the taleo application screening process is pretty basic schedule first interview after reviewing their resume if they meet the criteria a second interview is conducted with the store manager for management positions interview is conducted with the district manager hire processing is pretty quick and can be official in 3 days

Interview Question – do you want stock options   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details Applied online and received a call to schedule an interview about a week later. Arrived about 15 minutes early but the manager was not there so i ended up waiting on her. Went to a table in front of Nordstroms. Very laid back and casual interview.

Interview Question – There were no very difficult questions.   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in September 2013.

Interview Details Two in person interview with store managers, very causal

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steven Madden

Worked for Steven Madden? Contribute to the Community!