Steven Madden Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview

A friend referred me, I then filled out the online app. Next day had a 1:1 with the SM very general about my background and retail job at the time. Next day phone interview with the DM. More in depth management questions; very laid back. Next day, got the offer and accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview

If the store has not opened yet it will take place over the phone. Interviewer is very friendly and is looking for enthusiasm in your interview. Don't answer questions like "why did you choose Steve Madden?" With an answer like "because it's opening", you won't get the job. Be enthusiastic and know the product.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hours are negotiable, however pay is not.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden (Woodbridge, VA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very chill and laid back they are opening a new store in Virginia. The application was quick and easy hopefully this will be a great job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got called the next day to go in for a group interview. It was just me and this other girl! I got called within 15 minutes of the interview that I was hired!

Interview Questions

• sell something you are wearing   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steven Madden (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was referred to the company through a friend and was told to apply online. Within two weeks I received a call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Na Interview

Interview

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Steven Madden (Ontario, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview had girls wait in lobby and answer basic retail questions. Dress to impress and make sure to show off your sense of style. Smile and be confident in yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Planning Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview

Initial contact via in-house recruiter. Came in to interview with recruiter and hiring manager (VP). Came in a second time to meet with another VP and hiring manager again. Process was professional and pleasant

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Met with the head designer. She was very nice. Thought I had it in the bag but they ended up choosing someone else. It was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview

I was contacted through a connection for an informative interview. She told me at the end of the interview that there were no positions open (this should have been mentioned over email before flying in for the interview). The interview was not personal, she used a scripted question and answer sheet.