Stop & Shop

Updated 22 Feb 2015
Updated 22 Feb 2015

1.5

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Overall the interview process was simple. Had to fill out a basic questionnaire online. Called in to interview. I had little experience but I don't think it mattered. I was only looking for a temporary summer job and they were okay with that. I don't think they're that selective so if you can answer the questions and seem normal you should be okay.

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

I applied online. They gave me a call about a week or two later and scheduled an interview. I went in and spoke to the manager. He asked me why I want to work at stop & shop, tell me about yourself, when would I be available. Interview took less than 10 minutes. He then asked me to fill in some paperwork, and he said he'd call back to schedule a second interview which is basically so they can tell you that you got the job. He called back two days later and I went in and just filled in paperwork. Then started training and work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What times are you available?
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question
    No negotiations. Start off at minimum wage.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Apply online at stop and shop.com, go in store and ask to talk to a manager, will ask you about availability and that's about it, maybe about customer service, and will tell you to come in the next day (if you are being hired) to fill out paperwork; otherwise they will tell you to call later

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

It was longer to see the manager then the actual interview i walked in his office 3 simple questions . why would i like to work at stop and shop ? what do i consider good custumer service ? when am avail ?

Stock Person Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Took a few weeks to be contacted back. I had to keep calling in and reminding the hiring official that I was scheduled for an interview. I finally received a call back and than went in for a one on one meeting.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

I filled out an application, they called me and scheduled an interview. It was a one-on-one interview in the managers office. The interviewer was very straight forward. Asked me questions and then moved on to what my duties would be.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

they called me up for an interview, and then i went and was hired on the spot. I think part of it was because they desperately needed someone. I was offered a position to do returns

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop in November 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call from customer service manager within 15 minutes. Interviewed with hiring manager later that day lasted maybe 10 minutes he asked me very basic customer service questions- "Can you give me an example of how you would go above and beyond to help someone out?" We then went over what times I would be available to work. He said they had more interviews to conduct that day and they would call me tomorrow. The next day I received a call for a 2nd interview, at this one I basically gave them permission to preform a background check on me...again no offer just said they had more 2nd interviews to conduct. The next day they called and offered me the position, came in that same day to fill out paperwork and started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • None really considering I previously worked at a grocery store so I had plenty of customer service experience.   View Answer
    they were willing to match my ending pay from the previous store I worked at.

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

only had to do 1 interview and waited at least 10 days before getting hired. The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?   Answer Question