Subway

1.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in December 2012.

Take interview first after join the job before calls invite interview

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

They will ask you your experience. It you have the requested experience or can make it up or have a degree they will hire you. The interview is more of a formality to just see what you look or act like. There's no real questioning or process.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

It was very quick and easy. The manager calls to set up an interview if they think you're a potential match for what they're looking for. The interview process doesn't last more than 45 minutes, and that's when you are offered the job and stay to fill out paperwork. It's probably closer to 10 or 15 if you're not hired on site. Just because you aren't offered the position immediately doesn't mean you're out; sometimes the manager just has more people to interview before making a final decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conversation with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You start at the bottom and work your way up through the pay scale by completing Subway University courses online and completing timed tests for sandwich making.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway.

Arrived at the place 15 minutes before. Waited for interviewer for 40 minutes, interviewer was wearing a baseball cap, t-shirt and shorts. Got called in, asked a few questions, interviewer's attention was divided, didn't look at me in the face, was late, condescending, rude, and unprofessional. Unfortunately got the job, had no choice but to take it (staffing agency had time for another interview).

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over the rest?   Answer Question
    • If a customer came in 2 minutes before closing, would you still serve him?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Applied online, was called 10 days later or so. Interview was just about scheduling, driving, and school. Then application and explanation of the University of Subway. Most difficult question was knowing one of my references' phone numbers

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway.

First time I interviewed was because I got an application from a friend who worked there. I turned it in to the owner, who asked me about my available hours and I gave her my number. I followed up with a call a week later and got the job.

Second time I got the job was by applying through the Subway career website with all my info. Store owner called and asked me to come see him the next day. I went, talked to him a bit, went back the next day, filled out an application, and had a 15 minute interview with him and the manager. They both decided right afterward that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a customer if their choice is unavailable?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable, it'll be minimum wage or just a bit above it.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

I applied online and a few days later got a call. The interview was short. She asked me about school and my availability. Another time i interview at a different subway. Was told to come in on friday. No other instructions as to what to where or What time. Called multiple times but the manager never answer only other crew members.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

Went in, applied and was basically hired on the spot. Subway is very fast paced and easy to catch on. Everything become kind of routined. Very fun and can get boring at times if it get really slow.

No negotiation

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Plain conversation. Bragged about my non existent accomplishments. Accepted me on the spot. I was unimpressed by the interviewer. He seemed to be knowledgeable on business affairs. He offered me advice. I played naive and dumb for a moment and listened. It was fair advice. He seemed a bit pretentious but that could be a reaction to my own perceived pretentiousness.

I accepted the minimum wage on the spot. There was no negotiation.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway in January 2015.

It was very simple and straightforward. It was basically a formality. I was asked when I could work and told what my duties would be and how much they could pay.

Interview Questions
    Take it, it's a great place and looks great on your resume.