Subway Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in December 2012.

Take interview first after join the job before calls invite interview

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Thornton Heath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Thornton Heath, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in July 2014.

I applied online and within a week and a half I was called for an interview. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming, and simply asked when I'd be available and what I needed to bring. When I went I was asked to sit down and was given a drink of my choice. I was seen half an hour late, but apologised to for the delay. My interview as relaxed and asked a series of basic and personal questions and was very friendly. I was told when my application would be reviewed and when I'd hear back, and then was thanked for coming and for my time.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Subway.

You write your name and number down on a piece of paper and they call you. They call you in to give you a schedule and forward you to website with all the tutorials so you can show up ready to work.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

The interview was very informal. They asked the usual questions. Went over your experience, asked about what you like to do. The questions aren't difficult. They asked things such as "We have some difficult customers, how will you respond", "How would you handle a customer complaint"

Interview Questions
    This is what you're paid and that's that.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Subway.

Hired on first interview. The General manager asked me a few questions and then told me the job was mine if I wanted it. After 3 months of working there I was moved up to shift manager and I ran shifts on my own for the next few years. I pursued the Assistant Management position and it was never offered.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

I was called for an interview during a certain time window. When I arrived I noticed there were others ready to be interviewed. This worried me because of the competition, but I was told they were sending people to multiple locations. The woman was very nice, but not so professional. They lost all the information for everyone being interviewed so she made everyone write stuff on paper. The questions were all pretty easy. She asked about my future goals and why I wanted to work there. She was impressed that I has a plan for my future and she loved that I complimented subway as a company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Subway.

Spoke in person with management, got a one on one interview a week later. Was essential given the job after a short 15 minute interview. Very poor training was given over a two week period. Lack of expertise in training and no well defined methodologies in place.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

With the store I applied at, you are required to fill out an online application, including a personality test. After completing the application (once per 30 days), go in to see the manager. If you pass the personality test the manager will ask a few short questions involving availability and previous experience.

After that a full interview will be scheduled, takes about 1 hour. If you pass, you'll have to fill out a few more forms and submit to a background check. If everything comes back clean you should be notified within 2 weeks.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called a few days after turning in my application and set up an interview for three days later. I was interviewed by the store manager and shift manager in the dining area of the store. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was called and hired within the week.

Sanwich Artist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Subway in August 2014.

I applied online, and the day after I got a phone call asking for an interview time. I went in for the interview and was offered the job contingent on a clear background check.
    Asked about my availability and told me that 6 people had quit the previous weekend.
    -How would you handle a difficult customer?
    -Are you a team player?
    Then he let me know that if minimum wage wasn't good enough, what I could do to get a higher wager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer? This question was difficult because the interviewer just talked about how he would, and then changed the subject to starting my training the next day without letting me answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!