Subway Interview Questions

1.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in December 2012.

Take interview first after join the job before calls invite interview

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Subway in September 2014.

It was very relaxed. The woman was very friendly and I expected to be nervous but she made me feel much better and it was very calm. Asked very simple questions and was very laid back. Super simple interview and I got hired on the spot. Honestly I read a lot of reviews online beforehand and it had me really nervous but the most simple and best thing to do is just always be yourself. They don't want anything to seem rehearsed or planned. They want to get to know you as a person to make sure that you're a good fit for their shop. So be yourself and answer everything truthfully..they'll know and respect you more for it,

Interview Questions
    It's a minimum wage job. Simple as that. $10.40 an hour.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway.

I applied in-store for the open position and was interviewed on the spot, first by the manager and then the franchise owner. It was very informal; I tend to get anxious during interviews but I was very comfortable the entire time. I was mostly just told about the company and what they were looking for in an employee. I was asked to talk about myself, explain why I wanted to work there, if I was a self-starter, and how I would deal with a rude customer. I received a call a week later offering me the job. I was required to take a short course online first to receive my food handling certificate.

Did not negotiate.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called to an interview several days after I applied online. I answered their questions confidently but as I looked to the working area, I saw an overcrowded work environment. Wasn't sure if it was a meaningless interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • The hypothetical ones are most difficult to anticipate.   View Answer

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton Heath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton Heath, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in July 2014.

I applied online and within a week and a half I was called for an interview. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming, and simply asked when I'd be available and what I needed to bring. When I went I was asked to sit down and was given a drink of my choice. I was seen half an hour late, but apologised to for the delay. My interview as relaxed and asked a series of basic and personal questions and was very friendly. I was told when my application would be reviewed and when I'd hear back, and then was thanked for coming and for my time.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway.

You write your name and number down on a piece of paper and they call you. They call you in to give you a schedule and forward you to website with all the tutorials so you can show up ready to work.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

The interview was very informal. They asked the usual questions. Went over your experience, asked about what you like to do. The questions aren't difficult. They asked things such as "We have some difficult customers, how will you respond", "How would you handle a customer complaint"

Interview Questions
    This is what you're paid and that's that.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Subway.

Hired on first interview. The General manager asked me a few questions and then told me the job was mine if I wanted it. After 3 months of working there I was moved up to shift manager and I ran shifts on my own for the next few years. I pursued the Assistant Management position and it was never offered.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

I was called for an interview during a certain time window. When I arrived I noticed there were others ready to be interviewed. This worried me because of the competition, but I was told they were sending people to multiple locations. The woman was very nice, but not so professional. They lost all the information for everyone being interviewed so she made everyone write stuff on paper. The questions were all pretty easy. She asked about my future goals and why I wanted to work there. She was impressed that I has a plan for my future and she loved that I complimented subway as a company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway.

Spoke in person with management, got a one on one interview a week later. Was essential given the job after a short 15 minute interview. Very poor training was given over a two week period. Lack of expertise in training and no well defined methodologies in place.

Interview Questions

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!