Subway

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Delhi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in December 2012.

Interview Details Take interview first after join the job before calls invite interview

Interview Question – un related question of the job   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Question – Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in March 2012.

Interview Details Seemed very stale and scripted. It didn't seem that they really had a lot of interviewing experience and were looking for anyone who had experience. I assumed this meant that they didn't want to train anyone. They were most interested in my availability and when I could start. While I was there they made me wait as the DM kept helping customers.

Interview Question – They asked me to smile and say welcome to subway, didn't anticipate the audition aspect of this.

They had a list of questions and read directly from the paper.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was very disappointing and not far above minimum wage

Sandwich Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details It was simple and straight forward. This was my first job and was a great one to start while still in high school. There were only a few questions asked and the responsibilities were explained.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details I applied online but still send a cover letter to the store, and got a phony call the next day asking to be interviewed. I said yes. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The interview was easy and asked general questions, but it felt like they really wanted to know about the real you. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Sandwich Artist
Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was called a week or two later to come into an interview the next day. I arrived and was taken into the back area for the staff. Questions were general interview questions such as 'What do you know about the company' (mention its a green company) 'How do you define customer service' etc. The interviewer did say i would receive a call the next day or the day after however i didnt receive one.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness, Jobs you wouldnt like doing   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Interview Details I called to follow up an online application and the lady asked me to come in the next day. I did and the restaurant was busy so she asked me to sit until it wasn't. When she was finished with the customers, she came and sat down and start explaining what I would have to do, how much I would have to make, and asked me if I was ready. I was. And I started training the next week!

Interview Question – Are you sure you're ready to work?   Answer Question

McKinney, TX (US)

I interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details The subway interview that I had gone to was ridiculous, they had 15+ candidates all sit in the restaurant section and did a group interview! No organization was present and the person "ran out of time" so multiple canidates sat there for an hour and didn't get to talk and told myself and two other applicants to leave.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions in this interview session.   Answer Question

Stockton, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on June 17, 2014 and was called on June 22 for an interview for the following day. Basic questions relating to my schedule, transportation, and work history, it lasted about 30 mins. I was called later that day for a second interview for the following day. It laster another 30 minutes, mostly expectations were explained and procedures. I was called a couple hours later and offered a position

Interview Question – What would you do if you noticed the bread you were going to use for a sandwich wasn't as fresh as it should be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was thrilled.

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details The interview wasn't hard at all , they ask a few questions mainly focusing on my schedule , if I went to school and the days I needed off.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a year? I wasn't sure if they wanted me to say as a manager at subway or my true intentions of making money and using them as a stepping stool for something better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!