SunGard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details It was easy. Every thing was related to my current profile. Asked all the question related to my current profile. Its good to have good knowledge of theoretical as well as practical knowledge about what u write in your resume

Interview Question – Every thing was easy.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Toom much variable component.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Pune

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in October 2011.

Interview Details An interview can be defined as the oral test of a candidate who had applied for a post for employment or admission.

As no one knows about his future like it one cannot know about the questions to be asked by an interviewer.

As the field of knowledge is very vast so the field of ques­tioning is very vast. Interviewer is at a liberty to ask question from any field of knowledge.

This is luck of the candidate if his field of knowledge coincides with that of the members of the interview board. This is the matter of fate if the replies appeal to them.

The difference of giver and seeker makes the members of the in­terview board on the superior side as they are givers and we are seek­ers.

Interview Question – Why do you change your stream?   Answer Question

Specialist- Testing Interview

Specialist- Testing
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial call to offer letter completed in 2 weeks.
3 rounds - Technical, Manager and HR

Interview Question – Questions are asked related to Testing and specifically questions are related to skill sets mentioned in Resume.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Senior Engineer - Product Development
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details 4 rounds,
1 round from Pune team,
2 round from Onsite
3 face to face, Manager
4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

Interview Question – questions were very basic and depends on project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary below standards,

SQL Server Developer Interview

SQL Server Developer
Pune

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Question – Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Pune

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Interview Details There were 4 stages of interview, mostly from the Domain side since I was hired for the same. Was asked quite detailed questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – A good salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview Details Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Train A
    70 km/h
    9.30 AM

Train B
    50 km/h
    10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
    When both trains will clash with eachother ?
      Answer Question
  • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
    for x in range(1,100000):
        for y in range (2, x-1):
            if x % y == 0:
                break
        else:
            primes.append(x)
    print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)
      Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Pune

The process took 5 days - interviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

Interview Details First interview was 1:1 interview with Team lead and this was mostly technical. The asked about various testing concepts and lots of core java question.
Second interview was also 1:1 with the project manager, there were mostly IQ related questions and few simple technical question on data structure.

Interview Question – Questions on JMS, singelton classes, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much Negotiation was done. I already had an offer and I was offered 30-40k on top of it.

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunGard in September 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was very quick and handled very professionally. But once declined the offer, the HR attitude was unacceptable.

Interview Question – Will you be comfortable working as an individual contributor?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The salary structure was horrible.

SSE Interview

SSE
Pune

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SunGard in March 2011.

Interview Details Interview experience was good. Was not too in depth for a senior level position. job role and expecaion was told in detail.

Interview Question – Design patterns...   Answer Question

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!