SunGard

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Detail oriented interview.

Interview Questions
    They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Engineer-Product Development Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2013.

I had three interviews:
    First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
    Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
    Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Operations Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SunGard.

Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
    Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
    In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
    Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.

Software Engineer Interview

Went through a round of telephonic interview.
    Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Questions
    • getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question
    not much room to negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question

Technical Support/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in June 2012.

Common phone interview and on-site interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a technical support?   View Answer

Accept a better offer from a consulting firm

Consultant Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in March 2012.

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions
    • Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   View Answer
    Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.