SunTrust

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. A couple days after that I had an interview with the branch manager. All happened within a week. The branch manager told me that she had 3 other people to interview. I was nervous but she was really nice, down to earth and made the interview easy. About 3 weeks later I got a call saying I was offered the position. Started about a week later. Salary was $10.50/hr and we got paid every 15th and 30th.

Interview Question – Did I have any issues with someone at my previous job?   View Answer

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details Normal interview. Asked behavioral questions. Make sure to practice telling a story by stating what the problem was, how you approached it, and the outcome.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to learn an unusual skill.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in July 2013.

Interview Details applied online, got a phone interview with some very simple questions. and intervewed with the branch manager after one week

Interview Question – how to deal with a bad temple co-worker   Answer Question

Salem, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2012.

Interview Details HR is in another state. They do a phone interview first which is crucial to getting into the branch for an interview with a manager. Be very friendly with the interviewer on a personal level so they will schedule you the interview with the branch manager.

Negotiation Details – You will not get more than $10, but negotiate up to 10 and you WILL get it :)

Teller

I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

Interview Details apply on line and HR will call you

Interview Question – not any difficult questions   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2012.

Interview Details It took them about three days to call me after applying online. They do a phone interview and then schedule the in person interview. The in person interview is not all that difficult. They ask you about your experience, why you want to work at Suntrust, what you know about Suntrust, etc. If you are hired part time, you are expected to stay part time for 12 months so you can't apply for full time openings that might become available in that time

Interview Question – What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Only part time was available and I did not want to stay part time for a full year

East Riverdale, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call the next day by a recruiter and had a phone interview, basic easy questions. about 3 days later got an email to set up an interview with the 'hiring manager', turned out hiring manger was in fact the branch manager. Interview went quite well (or so i thought), Branch Manager seemed to like me and said they will contact me and let me know their final decision because it wasn't all up to her. About 2 weeks later got an email saying i dint get the job.

Interview Question – expect about 15-20 questions about customer service and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Savannah, GA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in June 2012.

Interview Details My initial communications with the company upon receipt of my application was good. I was asked about my availability and a few other questions from the recruiter. Since I have 6 years of experience with Bank of America, she told me that she would forward my resume to the banking center manager. We scheduled an interview. I was unaware that I was gonna meet with three managers. It was overall a good experience. I feelt that Suntrust goals are not a strict as some other major institutions i.e BofA. We the interview went really well, however they called and told me that the young lady who was leaving changed her mind about leaving the company. So I was not given not hired.

Interview Question – none, it was a pretty standard interview. They ask scenario type questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust in November 2010.

Interview Details very basic

Interview Question – none at all   View Answer

Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in February 2010.

Interview Details All applications have to be done online at SunTrust.com then a recruiter calls you to set up an interview. I then met with the Branch Manger at the location that I applied for and he conducted the interview. I was asked basic questions like why I wanted to leave the job I currently had, what are my strengths and weaknesses. I would highlight my ability to up-sell products, my customer service savvy and the importance of always following rules and regulations. Retail banking is a fine line of customer service (you get paid and reviewed on Gallup customer surveys on your performance) which means making every single client happy since you never know who will be polled, and making a profit for the bank (refusing to refund various fees, charging clients for services, up-selling them on banking products, protecting yourself from fraudulent clients). All of that is to say that during an interview it would be helpful to emphasize happy resolutions of problems to show your customer service skills (in fact that was one of the questions, like tell me a time when you went out of your way to make a client happy) but also emphasize the importance of always following the rules.

Interview Questions

• Relate a time when you resolved a serious client issue that resulted in a positive client experience afterwards.   Answer Question
  • What would you say your biggest strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust Teller interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees and interview candidates.