Sutherland Global Services

Updated 19 Feb 2015

2.6

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

At the first point of interview, they check whether you are able to perform in Voice or Non-voice. These are the rounds that will be conducted for every candidate.

For voice:

Chat Assessment.
          Online Technical Test
          Typing Test.
          Operations HR.

Interview Questions
    • Previous Work Experience.
      Roles & Responsibilities in the previous company.
      Basic technical questions.

Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

One technical interview, one telephonic HR interview, concept testing finance and accounts, nearly one hour, questions regarding FCF, FCFE, accounting entries.
    Rest all was fine. Not very difficult to crack an interview.

Technical Support Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2014.

Interview Questions - Describe about yourself, Question based upon your cv, few technical questions, age, family background, ID proof,house, contract,
    2 Rounds. 2nd round isn't much & more of a repeat (3 questions only asked).

As for company details - you have to ask them, what it's all about, system, etc. They won't speak unless a candidate ask these questions.

Wait time is too much even if you are only candidate facing the interview there.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions depends on the profile just to verify he/she has knowledge of computers in troubleshooting.

Unexpected Question - Family Background - I've faced plenty of interviews but never came across a company whose in interested in your family background rather knowledge, nature of job & company itself. This is only 1st interview, I've faced asking in so much detail about family background, house, age, etc. I felt like they want to determine the salary based on family background rather than the knowledge of job itself as they were only interested in this. It felt as though a person came for matrimonial rather for a job though. Highly Amusing. Not only that, the salary got fixed depending on whether your house is permanent or not. If It's permanent, then they reduce the salary right away which recruitment had mentioned it was more than that.

It appeared as though they discriminate the candidate on family background basis which a very backward thinking in my opinion though.

Normally, if a company wants to verify the family background, etc - there is already a system in India to verify in terms of PAN, Voter's ID & Aadhaar now. They have no rights to ask these personal questions as it has nothing to do with the job at all. In the end, the words have no meaning from the candidate since they already can verify through a system itself such as PAN ID, etc.

Talk about invasion of privacy of a person.

Answer Question
    • Contract - This question during the 1st round itself - Are willing to work for 1 year?. I did say yes regardless of it. However, I was told by the recruitment consultant, there was no contract bound to begin with. Looks like they were testing candidates since they leave a lot sooner these stages.   Answer Question

I never said no rather they concluded as a no from my end since I was requesting to work in morning hours shift then later on, so I change to night shift completely, being a fresher, it's difficult to adjust in the start since it takes quite some time to understand the job, transportation,etc. Looking overall, I was requesting in humble manner since what I was comfortable to work with in the start. The person who took 1st round for me, came to me stating I already stated it was rotational shift but never mentioned timings, how does the system works unless asked during the interview. She never mentioned the timings. I still politely asked the this person, I would like to work during the morning hrs in the start since it's timings purely on night shift after 2nd round that was conducted to me. Basically, it was led to misunderstanding in the end for rotational shift provided towards their end not from me though since I was told there is morning & night shift both.
    In the end, I just asked a simply question - Am I being selected or not?.
    The answer - Because I said no, it became no ( I never said no, I was requesting them instead). If I'm correct to assume that, I was already selected but due to my request for the morning hrs or any other reason which is unknown to me, they rejected me due to this.

Guess some companies, want candidates like AI bot saying Yes sir & no Sir. Typical company who couldn't care about their employers at all.

I guess, there hiding certain info & lying to candidates & recruitment consultant as well which was surprising element too to me as well such contracts & salary too, it's more a testing part so it's understandable, but salary kind of bummer for a year.

Personally, even declined, I wasn't looking for this position at all, I just wanted to try nothing more.

Well, in the end, it worked out for the best in the end, quite a learning experience & amusing as well.

Experience will always differ from candidate - candidate, even if you are fresher, experienced, etc. Just being yourself & face the interview.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Since it is technical process candidate should have knowledge over Networking and OS along with good communication skill, type writing and grammar are also in concern. Apart from that candidate should be capable of taking responsibility.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

i attended interview in Sutherland for manual testing and it took 1 day
    there are 3 rounds 2 technical 1 hr
    i got selected on the same day itself.hr told me to release offer within a week but did not called for 1 month again they called and asked once telephonic round,had a good conversation of 35 min.they told definitely they will call,but i did not get the call

i think they cant pay the minimum salaries

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cochin
    Anonymous Employee in Cochin

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Hiring Process

Hiring is genuine and there are no scams
    Background verification not fully
    No off during season time in some process
    night shift majority of time
    Need to probe before you come with a fix with your final pay

Interview Process

Interview process is real simple
    Interview is pretty straight forward
    Not too many questions are asked during interview

MIS Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

It was walk in Interview with first round-Excel assessment test & Aptitude test.Excel assessment is about functions used in it .Aptitude mixed type mathematical,picture,etc..The test will be online in pc..

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview process is one misery. They test our patience to its core. Not at all professional at times. They simply want us to go here and there. Have to wait the whole day, sometimes till night. Highly recommended for people who really needs a job to survive. Else you have to be really smart to manage the hurdles!

Interview Questions
    They mostly wont accept negotiation

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2014.

Great... It was professional approach. No time wasted quick results. Every one from the HR till the management was very good. Like the Company policy for its employees
    The Offer Letter Process takes a awe full Long time and after several commitments they could still not meet the deadline I kept following up every day only to be told that its pending approval and the initial SLA given to me was 24hrs . I have been waiting for 144hrs now and still have not received it. May be its a Process but should provide an approx turn around time if not exact.....

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

total of 6 rounds