Symantec

Updated 21 Feb 2015
Updated 21 Feb 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

1) telephonic which is easy. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    2) face to face technical. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    3) Managerial round. ask for managerial questions
    4) HR round. nothing much it just take 5 min to complete

nothing

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

Three rounds of interview happenned on first day.All Basic questions from JAVA,Web Service.Asked to write test cases for Debit card payment page.Next day managerial round asked about projects.Questions are mostly based on projects

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

Total 5 rounds of Interview.
    I appeared for UI development profile. Mostly questions were around latest trends in UI framework, few JS and jQuery questions. They have given an assignment which I have to complete within 2 days. After that they have a discussion on the assignment and asked for few modifications. 3 Managerial rounds and one VP round. Other then domain specific they asked few questions on data structure as well. Overall it was a learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • Basic HTML and CSS questions. New properties for CSS3 and HTML5.   Answer Question

Senior Automation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Have applied through Linked-in, HR got back with telephonic Round, for Mobile Automation Testing, 1-2 testing questions were asked, all were core java and data structure OOPS concept, cleared, 2nd round of technical interview, again same OOPS and java concepts have to write code here only 1 question in terms of automation testing,
    3rd round technical again, same concepts of OOPS, JAVA , Data Structure, No question on Testing or Tools or Mobility Automation <-- Didn't really understood what they really require?

Interview Questions
    • basic questions, How would you install application on device, How would you automate Login scenario, explain Activity Class in android app, interface vs abstract, Reverse String, Anagrams etc..   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

initially i got call from recruiter about the opening within a week attended telephonic interview which was around 1 hours. once i completed the first round i went for face to face and had manager around. overall process took around 2 weeks to get the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • if your manager cant solve your reported problem what will be the next step ?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.

QA Engineer Interview

There was 2 technical rounds and was pretty easy. First round was technical and it was easy i did well. And second round was About day to day work.

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

It was pretty much technical oriented. Since it was a Unix role to questions related to it were asked. 3 rounds of technical interview and 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

IT Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

6 rounds of interview,2 technical round over phone,1 technical through video conference,3 managerial round from managers offshore and onsite.after I got through all these levels I was given a tentative offer.Now my offer was refused suddenly because of the company's split up.I was jobless for a month

Software Engineer In Pune Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec.

It was a campus interview.
    They took 1 written round - mcq of operating system and computer science
    then 3 technical rounds - all problems to be coded
    then 1 hr round - to test the communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Given a real world problem which data structure would you use.   Answer Question