Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Interview Question – Windows driver programming know-how   Answer Question

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Senior SQA Engineer
Pune

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details I got initial call from HR. My job profile meet their requirements exactly. There were 3 technical rounds. 1 was taken by someone from India office on phone. 2nd round from US team. 3rd round was technical programming round.

Interview Question – Write a program which will read an excel file data and write it to xml file after doing some calculations.   Answer Question

Principal SQA Engineer Interview

Principal SQA Engineer
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details Applied through a friend. There was 1 round of telephonic interview and 4 rounds of face to face. Interview process was smooth. Most of the questions were technical. Coding part were covered by engineers and scenarios by managers.

Interview Question – Design and implement a parking lot. Test the parking lot.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Information Security Analyst
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in October 2013.

Interview Details It took totally 2 rounds. In the first round they asked the technical questions and i explained every thing what i know. In the second round they asked some analytical questions, but my answers are not as good as they expected

Interview Question – They asked some logical question and answered but it is not as good answer to that question   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in January 2010.

Interview Details Good OS level concepts, data structures and real-world examples, use cases to define a problem and come up with possible solutions. SQL/database and latest trend in IT domain. Written test for data structure related applications. Sometimes you may need to face a panel of interviewers.

Senior Customer Hub Agent Interview

Senior Customer Hub Agent
Pune

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in September 2010.

Interview Details Applied via job site. Telephonic interview was conducted.
F2F interview was conducted in the office. Basic windows and networking questions were asked. Though they are not at all relevant to the job profile.
Basic technical troubleshooting questions. MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Fluent communication in English is a MUST.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I interviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

Interview Details There were 3 rounds total.
Round 1-Telephonic
In this they asked basics of android.
Round 2-Practical Implementation
I was asked to program a task in android for 2-2.5 hrs
Round 3-Managerial Round
1 datastructure question was asked
1 GCM question was asked

Interview Question – How to find the intersected node of two linked list?   View Answer

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview Details Good.. 3 technical rounds happened. Mostly Java questions and selenium questions for technical round. Manual testing questions were less and agile testing is necessary. Good in java and selenium should be fine for the interview process

Interview Question – Nothing like that. Its an average interview process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2010.

Interview Details Initially telephonic interview, then FTF of two rounds.
Took almost 2 weeks for offer.
I have joined as fresher. So basic questions about OOPS concepts, Java and some questions to test problem solving skills.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions are answerable. not that difficult.   Answer Question

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

Associate SQA Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details I'm just donw qith first round... not sure what will be result..

1st round: written technical round:

Network related questions like difference between various protocol..
difference between IPAddress and Mac address
Testing related questions like, what is regression testing, whitebox, black box and grey box tesitng
along with that one scenario, based on that need to write test cases
SQL queries
Simple 2 programs , one file io program just to read line from file and another to remove duplicates number from array (any language is fine)

If you guys wils find it easier to crack 1st round :)
All d best

Negotiation Details – NA

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!