Symantec

292 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Associate Configuration Management Engineer Interview

Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Symantec in May 2012.

Interview Details 1 interview with group panel + written test

Interview Question – scripting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i accepted the offer .there was no negotiation

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Pune

I interviewed at Symantec in January 2010.

Interview Details Mostly puzzles and past experience related questions. Managerial round too was almost like a design round

Interview Question – Gave a use-case to design in an area not familiar to me   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Pune

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview process is based on how well you follow instructions

Interview Question – It was not difficult, but it was the most difficult question based on their IQ: How will you test copy command?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but it was not a positive experience

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details Submitted resume to the Job Portal.
On shortlisting got an interview call.
The interview had two sections, conducted by multiple person
1. Experience based questions
2. Aptitude, logical reasoning
Experienced based questions are mainly regarding the technology I worked upon. Basically, web based testing. Portal setup, IIS functionality, Windows overall, etc.
Aptitude questions were random, and i was not prepared for them. The logic and reasoning is what they focused on, they said for the answers.

Interview Question – No questions difficult level as such, but the Logical reasoning were higher level, more of lateral and out of box thinking,
e.g. There are thee switches outside of a closed room to operate three different light bulb inside the room. You can only go into the room once and you need to determine which switch belongs to which bulb. Just to make it clear, room is perfectly locked and its not possible to determine whether lights are on from outside the room.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offered and I accepted. Did not go in negotiations as such.

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details The whole procedure is too fast. The HR person is too friendly. Finished all my F2F rounds in 3 hours. Entered office at 11 AM. Came out with a Offer Letter by 3 PM.

Total 4 rounds
          1. Telephonic
          2. Face 2 Face (By lead)
          3. Face 2 Face (By Hiring Manager)
          4. Face 2 Face (HR)

Got to know about job opening via a friend. Forwarded resume. Got a call from HR for scheduling Telephonic round.

1st Round:
        They are looking for a candidate who is proficient either in C++ or Python. Since I said I'm strong in C++, he asked all the questions from C++.
            Questions on Storage classes, virtual functions, polymorphism, Inheritance. There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If you are strong in C++ basics this round is piece of cake for you. Before the day of interview just go through "Test your C++ skills by Yeshwanth Kanetkar".

2nd Round: All are Software Testing Questions
    He gave me a Scenario and asked me how you will approach as a tester ?
    Differnce between Severity and Priority.
    Given a Telephone tell me a defect where severity is low but priority is high.

3rd Round: Most questions are on testing but some questions on linked lists and behavioural questions
    Tell me about yourself.
    Explain your old project ?
    What is Agile methodology ?
    Who is Scrum master ?
    What is difference between Hang and Crash ?
    What you will do if a system crashes ?
    How you will find whether a linked list is circular or not ?
    Did you ever had any disputes with your manager ?
    What you will do if you had dispute with your manager ?

4th Round:
    Just package negotiation.
    He explained all the facilities provied by Symantec to their employees.

Go through "Cracking the coding Interview : Testing Chapter". It will be too useful for you to answer all testing questions.

Interview Question – No Unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have some defined package for the role. But they ask how much you want ? But finally the will give the defined package only.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

Interview Details referral work well, I was referred, there were multiple rounds of interviews with senior team members & managers, and lastly with HR on telephone.

Interview Question – Analysis of a scenario w.r.t operations in kernel.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in May 2011.

Interview Details Symantec tests on a person ability to think logically .. Best for people who want to work more on development and white box testing

Interview Question – Salary negotiation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is very important phase and will subsequently affects the rest of your career. If you dont negotiate what you deserve , no matter how much ever you prove yourself you salary will remain low

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec in November 2011.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process is not good.

Associate Interview

Associate
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview Details referral hiring

1 round :: Telephonic round taken by 2 people for 1 hour, all technical stuff from your resume.

2 round :: Face to face with 2 people for 50 min, kind of technical as well as Problem solving skill and communication skills.

3 round :: With project manager, just a 5 min look up to resume, followed by some professional details of yours like last company, last salary drawn, expected salary...
And asked me to wait for HR round next week :) hope for the best :)

Interview Question – Analytic problem given to solve.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec interview questions and advice. All 292 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.