Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in January 2010.

Interview Details Good OS level concepts, data structures and real-world examples, use cases to define a problem and come up with possible solutions. SQL/database and latest trend in IT domain. Written test for data structure related applications. Sometimes you may need to face a panel of interviewers.

Senior Customer Hub Agent Interview

Senior Customer Hub Agent
Pune

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in September 2010.

Interview Details Applied via job site. Telephonic interview was conducted.
F2F interview was conducted in the office. Basic windows and networking questions were asked. Though they are not at all relevant to the job profile.
Basic technical troubleshooting questions. MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Fluent communication in English is a MUST.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I interviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

Interview Details There were 3 rounds total.
Round 1-Telephonic
In this they asked basics of android.
Round 2-Practical Implementation
I was asked to program a task in android for 2-2.5 hrs
Round 3-Managerial Round
1 datastructure question was asked
1 GCM question was asked

Interview Question – How to find the intersected node of two linked list?   View Answer

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview Details Good.. 3 technical rounds happened. Mostly Java questions and selenium questions for technical round. Manual testing questions were less and agile testing is necessary. Good in java and selenium should be fine for the interview process

Interview Question – Nothing like that. Its an average interview process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2010.

Interview Details Initially telephonic interview, then FTF of two rounds.
Took almost 2 weeks for offer.
I have joined as fresher. So basic questions about OOPS concepts, Java and some questions to test problem solving skills.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions are answerable. not that difficult.   Answer Question

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

Associate SQA Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details I'm just donw qith first round... not sure what will be result..

1st round: written technical round:

Network related questions like difference between various protocol..
difference between IPAddress and Mac address
Testing related questions like, what is regression testing, whitebox, black box and grey box tesitng
along with that one scenario, based on that need to write test cases
SQL queries
Simple 2 programs , one file io program just to read line from file and another to remove duplicates number from array (any language is fine)

If you guys wils find it easier to crack 1st round :)
All d best

Negotiation Details – NA

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Associate Configuration Management Engineer Interview

Associate Configuration Management Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Symantec in May 2012.

Interview Details 1 interview with group panel + written test

Interview Question – scripting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i accepted the offer .there was no negotiation

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Pune

I interviewed at Symantec in January 2010.

Interview Details Mostly puzzles and past experience related questions. Managerial round too was almost like a design round

Interview Question – Gave a use-case to design in an area not familiar to me   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Senior SQA Engineer
Pune

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview process is based on how well you follow instructions

Interview Question – It was not difficult, but it was the most difficult question based on their IQ: How will you test copy command?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but it was not a positive experience

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!