Symantec Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.

QA Engineer Interview

There was 2 technical rounds and was pretty easy. First round was technical and it was easy i did well. And second round was About day to day work.

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

It was pretty much technical oriented. Since it was a Unix role to questions related to it were asked. 3 rounds of technical interview and 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

Software Engineer In Pune Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec.

It was a campus interview.
    They took 1 written round - mcq of operating system and computer science
    then 3 technical rounds - all problems to be coded
    then 1 hr round - to test the communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Given a real world problem which data structure would you use.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
    1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Principal SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Symantec.

Applied through a friend. There was 1 round of telephonic interview and 4 rounds of face to face. Interview process was smooth. Most of the questions were technical. Coding part were covered by engineers and scenarios by managers.

Interview Questions
    • Design and implement a parking lot. Test the parking lot.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in August 2014.

Very unprofessional process. Cleared 4 Technical rounds and got positive feedback and hr explained the offer over phone and confirmed the offer. After two days, again she called up and said one more technical round (no company will do like this), yet i ve attended and cleared that too. Again after one week hr called up and said one more final technical round pending. cleared that also..got positive feed back again and she confirmed the offer saying that only signature is pending.. After that every 2-3 days, whenever i call up and ask for the status, she started telling stories like the guy who has to sign is on leave etc... Finally i realized its a total time waste of 8 weeks, with 6 technical rounds of interview , 2 of those are face-2-face (wasted 2 full days leave).. I will never recommend symantec, if somebody is serious about changing the job with in a time line. Very unprofessional process, and they don't even update you the feedback, unless you call up and chase them.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions i could see, the guys who interviewed me were very humble and knowledgeable. Good technical questions, but bad HR process.   Answer Question

Android Developer/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec in August 2014.

Interview was for an android developers position, but they really didn't / don't want someone with android as a skill. They are looking for someone with good knowledge of data structures and C. Rest they will teach. Interview was conducted as
    1. Technical Test 2. White board test 3. Online Test

Interview Questions
    • 5 code snippets were asked apart from 25 MCQ's mainly on Data structures and 3 Subjective questions again on data structures   Answer Question

Security Response Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

Symantec interview process is extensive. You ought to get frustrated & would want to kill yourself to hear the results. I gave 8 round of interviews & they reject me. I was rejected by the VP of security response team. Technical interview were fine but I don't know why they rejected me.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process started on june 23rd 2014. They called me as they had shortlisted my CV for this specific position. The first round was a written technical + aptitude round with 23 other guys. Then they shortlisted 19 of them to 2nd round. After the 2nd round they shortlisted some more. And the 2nd round it was a face to face technical interview questions about networking & little bit linux. Then my 3rd round was a panel interview with 2 guys who were really nice & threw some scripting & linux test of me. It was a nice round with them. They talked nicely & were really friendly & took some real test of me. After finishing that round I saw no one was left for interview process. I became happy but then they informed me that I will have further interviews & they will inform me. They informed me that I will have interviews with Director, VP, of security response team. After this they took 5 more rounds of interviews with the senior most person of Symantec. 3 rounds were technical & the other rounds were full HR based questions. After clearing all those rounds successfully The final round was with the VP of security response team. He took my interview. A nice guy but got rejected due to my technical skills which I had cleared earlier. MADE NO SENSE AT ALL. They finally gave me the final result after 1 month of final interviews. They took so long to gave you a NO. That doesn't make any sense at all. My final interview also went very well. but don't know why I got rejected. A piece of advice, they should rethink their interview process. They should at least focus on one person's time. They should respect a person's level of patience. They should at least have the curtsey to respond to a person if he is not selected. I followed them up like 100 times to get a NO answer. really disgusting & really no standard as of the company stands for. Really NO STABILITY. I am not posting any questions as I believe one should face the challenge on their own & not take help. i remember each questions & answer but I don't want to disclose them. REALLY VERY VERY BAD FEEDBACK FROM MY SIDE TO THIS COMPANY   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

interviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

There were 3 rounds total.
    Round 1-Telephonic
    In this they asked basics of android.
    Round 2-Practical Implementation
    I was asked to program a task in android for 2-2.5 hrs
    Round 3-Managerial Round
    1 datastructure question was asked
    1 GCM question was asked

Interview Questions
    • How to find the intersected node of two linked list?   View Answer