T-Mobile Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
559 interviews

2.8

Senior RF Engineer Interview

Telephonic interview was the first step. There were a wide array of technical questions . After this came the short list of candidates who were called for a face to face interview. This was a panel interview with technical questions from RF engineers to Directors. After this came the HR round with general questions and also negotiation on salary.

Interview Questions
    • about what you would do differently in T Mobile, for example to reduce churn.   View Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

I applied online about two weeks ago. I filled in basic information, submitted my resume, and a specific cover letter. Then, I completed a quick evaluation with pretty easy questions. The next day, I completed a skills assessment that took a little over an hour. It included four phone call simulations, since this position will be working in a call center. It was a little stressful. Then, I had to do another simulation where on one side of the screen, I was solving math/logic problems, and on the other side, I was getting an email every 10 seconds and only had 30 seconds to respond. This is so that you can experience a little bit of what employees go through during the work day, and so you are prepared for what you are getting to. Four days after I completed the assessments, an email was sent to me where I chose my own date and time to do a phone interview. My phone interview took about 25 minutes to do. I was asked pretty simple questions, and some that I wasn't expecting, such as how I use technology, what resources I use to find out about new technology, how I would troubleshoot for a broken phone or a computer with a virus, etc. They were pretty specific questions. Exactly a week after the phone interview, I had an in-person interview at the site I would be working at. It took an hour and a half. The first thirty minutes was going through my resume and answering questions about my experience and qualifications. The second thirty minutes, I actually got to sit in on live phone calls. I got to listen to two different phone calls and see how they were resolved. It was very exciting and interesting, especially if you're into technology or if you enjoy customer service. The last thirty minutes, my interviewer and I did some phone call role-playing, where I was given a little information about cable issues, and I had to help a "customer" solve a problem with their cable box. It was pretty easy, and I felt very comfortable since I had been able to watch an employee handle customers right before. I then answered some more questions about different experiences, and had the opportunity to ask some questions about the job. They said they will be in touch with me within this week.

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you take if your computer had a virus?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work and how did you solve it.   View Answer
    • What obstacles have gotten in your way when trying to reach certain goals in your career?   View Answer
    They start you at $14.50 to $17.50 hourly.

Unspecified Senior Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Factoria, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Factoria, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2014.

I was screened twice over the phone, once by HR, then scheduled to screen over phone with the hiring manager, who was new to her position. 2-3 weeks later I met hiring manager in person, and then 2 weeks later, again, and 3 of her peers. That day I also met with the hiring manager's boss, and then again with the hiring manager who was new to the position.

Although I had an extremely positive experience with the hiring manager (who described me a very talented and a potentially outstanding fit), and the senior recruiter, who described me as "the leading candidate", each peer could not have been more arrogant, each in their own way. To a person, they were late, barely apologetic if at all, and acted either inattentive, overly aggressive, dismissive of my answers or simply disinterested, as if they had better things to do.

I can understand their being busy and having to re-schedule on the fly--which happened several times while I was there--but if I had to choose a few words to describe all three of the "peer" group, it would be arrogant, disrespectful and dismissive.

To the point of the interview loop with peers, HR had been helpful, professional and very upbeat. However, when HR called me to tell me the team determined "I wouldn't be a fit" the only answer I was given was that "I wasn't aggressive enough" to which I responded, "I was direct, confident in my answers (see below) and respectful - I didn't want to come across as being arrogant." To my shock, the HR person said, "Sometimes arrogance goes a long way here."

I knew in advance that the issue of arrogance was present especially on the marketing team, and first-hand knowledge from friends who had worked there and left for that very reason, was confirmed. Perhaps with new leadership at the mid level, some of this may change.

But if that's the way "senior" professionals treat candidates, I can only imagine how they treat people who work there.

My advice is to stay away if how you're treated means anything to you.

Interview Questions
    • One member of the peer group asked me, "If your budget were $xx, how would you spend it?" I gave some very broad brushstrokes said asked, "what are your objectives?" and by what measure would you determine the success of the spend?" He was visibly agitated by my answer and without responding to my question, essentially forced me to make a guess and then immediately made it clear he disagreed. He was downright rude.   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2013.

It was pretty standard. I submitted my application online, my resume looked good to one of the stores in the area I applied for so the manager called me and asked me in for an interview. I went and did 1 interview, he (later) told me he wanted a second opinion so I interviewed with another manage in a different store. I was then hired. The interview is pretty generic. They of course ask you about your experience in sales (if any) and how would you handle scenario 1, 2, and 3. They'll ask questions that will make you inadvertently reveal yourself (regarding punctuality, work ethics, etc.) so if you're a good worker, you'll be fine. This is just like any other company looking to hire.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are those involving the scenarios. Usually they will consist of "In your past experiences, how did you handle a situation where __________."   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. As a retail sales associate, the base pay does not matter much. If you are good at sales, you will make a desirable income with your commission.

Legal Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2010.

Called in by HR to interview. Interview was a standard round table of 6-8 people. They ahd leads managers and supervisors in teh room all throwing out questions at the same time

Interview Questions
    simple. They offered me a salary, I counter-offered. We met in the middle.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Online Applications, come in and do a computer test that tests basic computer skills and basic math, came in and was asked questions by two people from their hr department, was called the next day and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you messed up a customer order and they where calling back what would you say?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

First they screen you with a phone interview. They just ask general questions about past employment and your likes and dislikes. The one on one interview was very easy. Just be yourself and be prepared to answer a bunch of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • The person before you has more retail experience, Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Rewnew and Rewards Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at T-Mobile.

It was easy for me. they just asked questions on past jobs and what would you do in certain situations. I just used the SAR method which is: Situation, Action and Results

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Received an email asking if I would be alright with an interview at a certain time. I said that I had a prior commitment, but any other time would be alright. Didn't get a response. I emailed back two days later apologizing for not being able to interview at the time that was asked, but offered that I was still interested. I got a response at 10:15 pm with an apology and offering an interview in two days between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm. I said noon was great for me and she said she would see me then. I showed up very early and she wasn't yet there. I sat and waited for nearly an hour, leaving around twenty minutes past noon. I'm not sure if this is the kind of unprofessional environment that the job would entail, but it seems that it would be very possible.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Standard question oriented interview with the area manager and assistant store manager. Discussed previous sales experience and responsibilities. Waiting on reply as background check is extensive and can take up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!