T-Mobile

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.8

Senior RF Engineer Interview

Telephonic interview was the first step. There were a wide array of technical questions . After this came the short list of candidates who were called for a face to face interview. This was a panel interview with technical questions from RF engineers to Directors. After this came the HR round with general questions and also negotiation on salary.

Interview Questions
    • about what you would do differently in T Mobile, for example to reduce churn.   View Answer

Retail Sales Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

sat at a round table with 3 local managers and the district managers. Interview took 2.5 hrs. They ask situational questions. About nightie situations and what worst thing about any if your old jobs. They want you to explain neg things in a positive light. They will offer you a lower position and tell you that you have to work your way up even with allot of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past job experiences and why did you leave .   View Answer

T-Mobile (Express) Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview process took about 3 business days. I was called by a recruiter on a Thursday, 2 days after applying online through CB. We had a short phone interview...("Are you working now? Why wireless? Why T-Mobile?" etc...) Before the called was over, we scheduled a date to interview with the district manager the following Monday. I was also sent an online assessment to complete prior to scheduled interview. The assessment included situational questions that were fill-in-the-blank style and math equations and estimations during the first section and behavioral questions in part 2. I took a total of 20 to 30 minutes.

The interview with the District manager was good. He was a fast talker and about business. He asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions in which I had to give examples of sales pitches to demonstrate my style and approach to sales. He stressed the importance of upselling and meeting goals. He also stressed that he was now looking for a few good sales "Professionals" as opposed to regular associates...someone who would take the hustle seriously. By the end he offered me the position on contingent that I meet and impress another manager that ran the highest volume store in the state...this same day. So, I go across town to meet with the other manager. The interview went very well. He asked character questions instead of your typical "Why T-mobile?" questions. He asked "What is your proudest moment in life? and it doesn't have to be work related..." "Why did you give up sports?" By the end of it all we were sharing laughs and I was signing the offer letter.

Overall, although it took up most of my day, it went very well. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your area of opportunity?" and "How do you work on making it better?" "What's your idea of advancement within this company?"   Answer Question

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

I got a phone call and they did not even know if i was supposed to have an interview or not. I went in for the interview and the manager seemed pretty cool. Then he started asking me questions but wasnt even paying attention to what i was saying.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Went to a job fair got interviewed by a few t-mobile managers. After the interview stayed in contact with one manager. I was offered a position then put in my 2 weeks at my current job. Later I was asked to have an interview with the district manager. After that interview t-mobile never contacted me again so I was out of a job

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

First you have to beat the assessment test online that takes about an hour. Then you have to take some personality tests that are pretty good at finding out if you are lying about yourself. You may interview with the store manager first and then someone higher up like a district manager, or like me, you will interview with the store manager and district manager altogether.

Interview Questions
    • It was a 20-30 minute interview. Questions like,"Tell me about yourself", "Describe a time when you handled a situation.", "What would you do in this situation?","Would you choose a salary based job or a commission based job?", "Why choose a career with T-mobile?", 'What do you want out of this?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Gave resume at a Career Fair. Courteous HR people. In person interview. 10 minutes with the HR person. Then with the manager. The manager was very nice. Introduced me to the team and took be around the lab. Felt very comfortable with the team and environment.
    The process took around few weeks. After the offer they asked me to do a background check.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile.

(Retail) The process was pretty quick in going from the store interview to the area manager. Going to different stores helped to meet other employees and get familiar with different types of stores. The feel was laid back but still corp with the typical questions you'd expect: career, what are you skills, some questions on interest, and personality in dealing with teams.

Feedback is pretty quick on how the interview has gone and what the next steps are.

The longest part will be getting your background check complete, by far.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Recruiting team moves fast. From first contact to decision took two weeks and included multiple phone screens and a day long in-person.

Very relaxed ambience during the in-person interview. Informal and casual room setting with sofas for the interview rather than the typical office conf rooms.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Applied online and got a call for an interview a few days later. The first interview was at the retail store with the general store manager. It went well, took nearly an hour. Got a call back in less than a week for a second interview which will take place in a week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in a certain situation that happened to be out of your control?   Answer Question