T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

2.8

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Secured interview, met with hiring manager, then with team and CXO. isolated in conference room and managers cycle in and out. Final interview was with senior managers at VP and CXO level in their respective offices. Both were myopic, arrogant, rude. The CXO put me on hold while he answered phone calls for first 10min of interview then he appeared to have a very closed mind about listening to any point of view that did not support his position. He was all theory and no substance. The marketing VP had no creativity. His strategy consisted of lowering prices to grow, but he had no insight into his cost structure or margin- nor did he even seem to care. He displayed no creativity and basically wrote off any idea of differentiated services. He openly denigrated his VAS colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Was not a question it was a statement "we only hire from xyz company"   View Answer
    • It was a statement " focused on lowering costs to drive organic growth, we cannot do VAS"   View Answer

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Initial contact from HR Recruiter w/ a follow-up phone screen. Phone interview w/ hiring manager. On site interview w/ hiring manager + 3 other peers. Next day call from HR looking for salary expectations & negotiations. Electronic offer submitted the day after that.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of business case questions. Just focus on how you'd segment, message, offer, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated about 5% higher than their initial offer. Also negotiated a relocation/signing bonus. Was a quick process handled via phone the day after my onsite interviews. Actual offer was sent two days after the onsite interviews.

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2014.

One recruiter got hold of me from monster database. Telephone screening was straight. one case question; what should be the offer price for an used handset? then one sql query with group by and order by. Then to explain difference between inner and outer join.

Interview Questions
    • case 1: Three plan 50$ with .5 gb data usage, 60$ with 2 gb data usage, 70$ with 5 gb data usage; what will happen there is only a change 50$ but 1 gb data usage;   Answer Question

Unspecified Senior Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Factoria, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Factoria, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2014.

I was screened twice over the phone, once by HR, then scheduled to screen over phone with the hiring manager, who was new to her position. 2-3 weeks later I met hiring manager in person, and then 2 weeks later, again, and 3 of her peers. That day I also met with the hiring manager's boss, and then again with the hiring manager who was new to the position.

Although I had an extremely positive experience with the hiring manager (who described me a very talented and a potentially outstanding fit), and the senior recruiter, who described me as "the leading candidate", each peer could not have been more arrogant, each in their own way. To a person, they were late, barely apologetic if at all, and acted either inattentive, overly aggressive, dismissive of my answers or simply disinterested, as if they had better things to do.

I can understand their being busy and having to re-schedule on the fly--which happened several times while I was there--but if I had to choose a few words to describe all three of the "peer" group, it would be arrogant, disrespectful and dismissive.

To the point of the interview loop with peers, HR had been helpful, professional and very upbeat. However, when HR called me to tell me the team determined "I wouldn't be a fit" the only answer I was given was that "I wasn't aggressive enough" to which I responded, "I was direct, confident in my answers (see below) and respectful - I didn't want to come across as being arrogant." To my shock, the HR person said, "Sometimes arrogance goes a long way here."

I knew in advance that the issue of arrogance was present especially on the marketing team, and first-hand knowledge from friends who had worked there and left for that very reason, was confirmed. Perhaps with new leadership at the mid level, some of this may change.

But if that's the way "senior" professionals treat candidates, I can only imagine how they treat people who work there.

My advice is to stay away if how you're treated means anything to you.

Interview Questions
    • One member of the peer group asked me, "If your budget were $xx, how would you spend it?" I gave some very broad brushstrokes said asked, "what are your objectives?" and by what measure would you determine the success of the spend?" He was visibly agitated by my answer and without responding to my question, essentially forced me to make a guess and then immediately made it clear he disagreed. He was downright rude.   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

The HR Recruiter was Passive/Aggressive and was not to keen in providing detail information on the position as to what team this position supported.

Interview Questions
    • How would I feel being in a room of muti-racial employes   View Answer

Senior Business Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

The process is well designed. Recruiter reached out to me about a few similar jobs. Was able to land one with an extremely high-caliber team. Interviewers were smart, professional, kind but challenging. You have to be a strategic thinker while have practical operational experiences in finance, marketing and sales

Interview Questions
    • Very standard BA interview process: (1) recruiter phone conversation; (2) hiring manager phone conversation; (3) Onsite interviews including multiple 1:1s interviews and then a panel interview with 6-8 audience

Won't say it's 'unexpected' but the final onsite interview wasn't easy.
      First gone through several 1:1 interviews (both behavior and case interviews) and then gone through a panel interview: I was given 75 mins to create a business case including (1) a detailed financial model (pro-forma); (2) a business case presentation and spent the next 45 mins debating with the team on critical business questions in a panel interview

They will provide raw data to the business case for the panel interview. Pay attention to: pro-forma framework, data integrity, strategic recommendations, and operational flexibility while thinking through the case.
        View Answer
    not much room to negotiate, but generally satisfied

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

This was actually a very fast and simple process. After the initial phone screen which lasted less than 20 minutes I was given a 1-1 interview the same week. I met with a senior engineer and a project manager which asked me questions on qa, testing, network and device troubleshooting.

Interview Questions
    • Network related questions concerning TCP/IP and experience with packet sniffing software.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

Had a recent phone screen which lasted about 25 minutes. The recruiter was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • It surprised me to be asked about critical experience and skills that were needed for the role that were not outlined at all in the original job posting.   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2014.

Longest item was the background check. Process was very easy.

Pretty straight forward, I got a few of the items I asked for but did not get all.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

The initial contact was a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. After that, I was brought in to the offices to meet with the hiring manager's boss who happened to be the VP of Product Development. The process went according to my expectations and did not get weird with obtuse questions or tests. I was eager to get on board and ultimately was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach an analysis of a new product and/or vendor?   Answer Question
    Very straight-forward. I happened to be fishing in my boat on the Columbia River with my father and brother, a total hoot to conduct an acceptance.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!