TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a part of campusing procedure. There was an apti round, a GD round, three technical interviews and one final HR interview, all in the same day. They looked for smartness in the candidates and their confidence. They asked basic questions on computer language proficiency. They also judged the candidate's instant thinking capabilities by asking random puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you have a chessboard. The knight can move 2.5 places. Derive an algorithm to determine whether the knight can move to every square of the chessboard within 64 moves.   Answer Question
    • Describe data structures, basic logic behind different sorting techniques.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Interview

first round was a written test with 4 sections , DI,Aptitude,verbal,programming .There were 60 questions to be solved in 60 mins.
    after it there was a G.D round then 2 technical interview followed by a HR interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

There is no inter view from tek side.
    Only the process will be held by the client.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Mumbai) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fast but as soon as you join, then you will be on your own. HR will never contact and there are very good chances that you will be asked to leave without any reason or compensation.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEKsystems (Coimbatore) in July 2013.

Interview

There was an on campus recruitment. First round consists of written which had various sections : Quants, Verbal, Java, Data Interpretation, Java, C/C++. Followed by Group Discussion, Technical and HR rounds. Group Discussion topics were based on current trends. Technical interview was based on the projects which we have done so far. And they tested how well we approach a problem to solve it. HR round was quite simple. The entire process got over in a day and the results were out at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• How do you check if a knights move(in chess) is valid ?   Answer Question

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in May 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of interview
    Written Test--Aptitude+Testing related multiple choice questions+Deriving scenarios based on the screenshot+questions related to the Defect tracking
    2 Technical rounds--in which questions related to SQL and testing were asked
    HR round

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Bangalore) in July 2012.

Interview

Received call from recruiter based on resume on a job board. Resume presented to employer. Phone interview led to face-to-face, which resulted in hiring

Interview Questions

• What past experience matches up and makes you think you would be a good fit   Answer Question

Negotiation

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Hyderābād) in February 2012.

Interview

will have a client interview and if selected with client will have a offer letter in hand

Interview Questions

• interview process will be day to day work and previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems (Birmingham, AL (US)).

Interview

They made the job sound ALOT better than it really was. Told me I would be working day shift in the interview process than at the very last second told me it was night work. They knew this all along but didn't want to disclose that up front. They lied to me about several other things as well. I don't think I will do any more business with them in the near future. The recruiters are not up front and honest. If you decide to work with this company... BEWARE!

Interview Questions

• The interview process was not that bad... just a bunch of lies.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts.

When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question