TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2015.

Interview

Nice and very friendly interview process, very different from other common questions, rather focus on your own self. People are very friendly and want to know about your self. A bit personal questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (El Segundo, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to a couple of employees at a college career fair. Told them I was interested in LA location. A week later had a phone interview with LA recruiter, which lead to a interview in person with the manager of an office near me. This went well and was flown out to LA for a half day job shadow and very brief interview.

• Strengths
      Weaknesses
      What do you know about the position
      Why TEKsystems
      Why the industry interest you
      The hardest time in your life
      How you overcame one of the hardest times in your life.
      What makes you interested in sales
      A time when you thought about giving up on something but managed to get through it

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. 45 minutes. Recruiter in Newport Beach reached out to me via linked in and asked that I have a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter in AZ about the process.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

I applied online, heard back from them within two weeks. Phone Interview questions were similar to any other interviews, a lot of typical behavioral questions, and general questions about school extracurricular, work experience, etc.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I approached TEKsystems at my college career fair. I had an on campus interview the next day and was sent an online test/background info that I had to fill out within 24-48 hours. The interview was really about making sure you want to go into sales and sales is what you're passionate for. The lady interviewing me literally asked me why I would be good at sales 5 times and expected 5 different answers, and "being a people person" wasn't a good enough answer for them. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but I accepted a second round interview in their office in Chicago.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

It took 4+ weeks Went to a social at the my university. They had more boxes of pizzas than attendees. I was interested. Email them after set me up with an interview

Interview Questions

• Went to a social at the my university. They had more boxes of pizzas than attendees. I was interested. Email them after set me up with an interview

1st Interview Interview with 3 account managers.
      Questions about motivation
      Questions why sales
      Why Tek Systems?
      Biggest failure and how you overcome it?
      Weakness etc.

2nd Interview
      Spent 3 hours at the office shadowing a recruiter. I got interview by 3 recruiters same typical questions more laid back

3rd Interview
      Interview with the Director of Business Operations. He wants to see how confident, calm and assertive you are. He's going to throw odd questions but this is too trick you. I got trick with my biggest failure cause he reply "Thats your biggest failure?" He keeps you on your toes. He wants to see if have thick skin.

I have called left messages and still no reply. I know I didnt feel confident after 3rd interview but its just rude not to call people back.

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Iowa City, IA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a call from an HR rep, had to fill out a ten page application after and then never heard back after following up with them multiple times. They asked a lot of questions about my current positions in college and then also asked way back to how I was involved in high school.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

First there was a 30-40 min phone interview gauging interest and a few basic question and then an in office interview that was just one on one very laid back and the interviewer was the best i have talked too.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was three rounds. I received an interview after meeting recruiters at an on campus career fair. The first round was a phone interview, pretty generic questions more along the lines of getting to know your background and experience. The second round interview was in their downtown Chicago office. It lasted about 1.5 hours and was relaxed, mostly questions about why sales, your personality and what motivated you. The third round was also in their downtown office and was a half day interview where I met with several employees. During this round many of the questions felt inappropriate and not related to the position. A lot of questions about my personal and family life were asked. For example: Are your parents paying for your educations? And tell me about your family, are your parents married still? Just bizarre questions to ask during an interview. The interviewers claimed it was because TekSystems was "like a family and they wanted to really know you" but I got a more nosy and intrusive feeling from the questions. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult, mostly related to sales and character traits. I was told to call back two days later to follow up after the third round. I left multiple emails and voice mails during the course of the week but I didn't get a response until a week later when I was told they wanted somebody who could start immediately (I graduate in May) and with more experience. I was not compensated for gas and travel for the 2nd or 3rd round interviews. None of the stages were particularly difficult but it felt like the whole process was a waste of time.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

1 Phone, 1 face to face with 3 people. It is very easy if you can articulate these points. Most people pass the interview because they need bodies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically take it or leave it.